AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z3 Hard Drive Image **OFFICIAL**

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well after 5 or 6 hours of messing with it, and 3 different trips to the store to buy a different 2.5 to 3.5 adapter, and 3 different PCs later, i have upgraded my Z2 to a Z3

it appears that even if you update the BIOS on a Gateway PC, they still arent good enough to recognize a locked drive, and just give a Secondary Master Hard Drive error (on a E series e2000 anyway)

i had to use a Dell that i found that was all sata, disconnect the cd rom from the IDE on the board, unlock the Tosh drive, then use the e2000 (now that the drive was wiped) to boot the MHDD and disable security (i put the cd rom as the slave on the primary IDE and the tosh drive on the secondary master

it was quite the process, and after i updated the XM logos i didnt feel like messing with the gracenote update and figured i would use my cd that i used with the z2 fw. i forgot that the cd wont work on z3 fw!! oh well

thank to all on here who have dedicated time and knowledge. I will keep the image seeding as long as i can here at work

thanks again!

sorry for the long post, i had to rant :)

• 2 months later...

Can someone please get this posed on the usenet? Can someone mail me an image disc, and then I'll upload it to the usenet? Can someone transfer the file or post it on FTP and I can d/l it and then post it to the usenet? This is ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!! Comcast throttles p2p and I want to choke them.

I've searched, and haven't found an alternative to torrent d/l...

thx!

Can someone please get this posed on the usenet? Can someone mail me an image disc, and then I'll upload it to the usenet? Can someone transfer the file or post it on FTP and I can d/l it and then post it to the usenet? This is ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!! Comcast throttles p2p and I want to choke them.

I've searched, and haven't found an alternative to torrent d/l...

thx!

Look up TWO posts! It is already posted on alt.binaries.cd.image. Easynews and others providers offer accounts with 240 days of retention...

• 1 month later...
And btw, I see there's only two seeds in the swarm so I'm guessing that's me and garret.

If you people are going to complain about not enough people seeding, at least seed it awhile yourself when it's done.

I think your right Capt!

TO ALL DOWNLOADERS: How long you seed does not count. You need to seed until you upload MORE DATA than you downloaded. If EVERYONE followed this logic, this would be an extremely fast torrent.

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, I downloaded this when it first released to you all and seeded it for about a week. There is no harm in helping other people out. I no longer have the file, but I will attempt to download it again and re-seed for a while to help anybody out that needs it. Give me a few days to download and I will set it for seeding (probably uncap it at night).