AVIC411.com

Updated Nav DVD's for D3??

Guest astrobill

Ha! The supposed "upgrade" disk announcement is gone...I bet there IS NO upgrade disk for the AVIC D3...EVER....bets?

Seriously....is gambling illegal on here, because I'd love to take bets that there is NO upgrade disk for the D3 coming out...the announcement is gone....the product has been discontinued...why would they bother? It's in their interest to force people to buy a whole new system to get accurate maps and not drive down dead-end streets...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha! The supposed "upgrade" disk announcement is gone...I bet there IS NO upgrade disk for the AVIC D3...EVER....bets?

Seriously....is gambling illegal on here, because I'd love to take bets that there is NO upgrade disk for the D3 coming out...the announcement is gone....the product has been discontinued...why would they bother? It's in their interest to force people to buy a whole new system to get accurate maps and not drive down dead-end streets...

The disk was listed on their site, the description noted it as an upgrade disk for the D3. It's not a question of will they, but when will they. Why would you assume that they wouldn't? They have always released them for the other old units. There's absolutely no reason to think it will be otherwise with the D3.

Just a tought....

For tons and tons of hardware, there is always a brain somewhere that develop their own version of the firmware update. So I am just wondering if someone ever tried that for D3. (Maybe not for upgrading the software but at lease updating the maps)

Raiden

Those are last year's upgrade disks (CNDV-70MTP) which is why the D3 isn't listed there, because it was a new unit then.

Upgrade discs for Pioneer Touch Panel Navigation Systems. Includes 2007 model year map database.

Compatible with AVIC-N1, AVIC-N2, AVIC-N3, AVIC-D1, and AVIC-D2, and AVIC-88DVD, AVIC-80DVD, AVIC-90DVD, and AVIC-9DVD, when used with Pioneer Touch Panel Display only.

New Model Year 2007 TeleAtlas database on 2 DVD Discs featuring nearly 12 million Points of Interest (POI), plus US and Canada coverage (including Alaska and Hawaii).

This year's upgrade disk are model number CNDV-80MTP, and included the AVIC-D3 in the list of units that it was compatible with. Or at least that's what the page said before Pioneer took it down.

When they release upgrade disks, does it have any effect on the navigation routing methods the unit tries?

reason I ask is that I have a D2 still running the 60MTP disk. It sends me on routes that are way longer than necessary and often far from the beaten path.

tonight I was traveling about 70 miles on a route which can and should be traveled 99% on i95 freeway. It kept on telling me to take exits and listed an arrival time of 11:53.

When I kept on ignoring the exit directions, it fianlly made a route the way I had planned in my mind staying on 95 and then listed the arrival as 11:32 which was accurate.

Why is the unit so far off on its routing and can the newer disks help?

I've always had pioneer head units and that kind of pisses me off that the D-3 is the red headed step child of the group. I don't even think it's two years old. I read some where that you might be able to use the Teleatlas disc from their website and sine the Pioneer uses that same company why not but then again I'm not forking over the money to figure it out. Anybody have more info on that? With the ever changing landscape I think I'm just going to buy a Garmin Nuvi and use the D3 for movies and live DVD music. All I have to do now is find out a way to setup the Garmin nicely in the my truck since those window mounts look tacky.

Guest astrobill

LOL

Disk 1.0 = Feb 07 manufacture date

It's now 16 months later and counting....the Pioneer reps won't commit to a date for release, and state only that "oh...there's no set schedule...we try to do it once a year..."

Yeah right...

Who was it that offered to bet?