AVIC411.com

Ok, Who wants a bypass for the July 06 units?

Ducatiboy, nothing can beat buying a $1500+ piece of equipment just to see if you can help us all out. You know you are king here with us!!! Not just for the first bypass but for all your posts and contributions to this awesome forum!

I appreciate everyone who contributes, not just for the bypass (most important though) but for all information.

Thanks everyone!!!!
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BTW, my results verify ducatiboy's original one: I'm half-way to Florida from Atlanta, and I can change routes, play the DVD, etc, and it's not sending up warnings about the parking brake, and it's been working for a couple hundred miles.

One thing - I never used my July 06 model before installing it with this mod today, so I'm wondering: do non-bypassed units give the warning screen saying to click OK "when you're pulled over and the parking break is engaged?" I can just hit the OK button while driving with no problems. Is this the same screen the non-bypassed units see? If so, I assume on non-bypassed units that you can't hit OK?

[quote name="ducatiboy"]If other people had information it would have been nice for them to share with me.... since I had to do this on my own.[/quote]

This is true - although I shared rumors of the four open pins with ducatiboy yesterday morning, he's the one who bought a whole other unit for testing (at his own expense - he already had a unit that worked with his own bypass circuit!), detected the 5V and grounded that pin, took the picture and then drove it around for miles to make sure it worked, all for the community. This should definitely be commended. Thanks, ducatiboy.

-Craig
[quote name="udecker"]One thing - I never used my July 06 model before installing it with this mod today, so I'm wondering: do non-bypassed units give the warning screen saying to click OK "when you're pulled over and the parking break is engaged?" I can just hit the OK button while driving with no problems. Is this the same screen the non-bypassed units see? If so, I assume on non-bypassed units that you can't hit OK?[/quote]

There are 2 disclaimer screens and an incorrect parking brake screen. The parking brake warning, you shoudln't see. There are 2 other disclaimer screens. One is every time you try to play a dvd and you have to hit ok. The other is the first time you access the nav when you start the vehicle. Both of these still show up bypassed or not and you can hit ok when moving. This happens when the units are bypassed or not. As far as I can tell you can't get rid of those 2 disclaimer screens. But the nav one you should only see the first time you start the vehicle when you access the nav and the other I think every time you try to play a dvd. But those are normal and can't be gotten rid of.
I can also verify DB's bypass works great. Installed this evening and after a 20 min drive, The Usual Suspects was still playing. I have the Bypass pin and parking break wires hooked to a DPDT switch. When the bypass is engaged, everything works great. With the bypass switched off, it works as intended from Pioneer (i.e. crippled without the parking break applied). Thanks again for taking the time to figure this out.
[quote name="Deep Throat Jr"]No credit at all for this one? That sucks![/quote]

Credit does go to Deep Throat! Wouldn't have gotten anywhere if it wasn't for Deep Throat! :) Thanks for the secret info! Just call me Woodward or Bernstein. I don't think anyone would believe you were real.
[b][i][u]If[/u][/i][/b] I ever get a z1, I would like to send you a donation via paypal. You could have kept this info to yourself in an attempt to try and sell more of your units. Instead you released a fix that makes you absolutely no money and for it, I would be willing to send you a donation [b][i][u]if/when[/u][/i][/b] I buy the Z1.

I think you should put a paypal donation icon up on your website so people who don't need the bypass switch, but can use your new trick, can donate as well.

That's my $0.02!
[quote name="ducatiboy"] [quote name="twill"]While I think DB has worked hard on this by pass I think we are forgetting the two who started this. PAC Tech and Tech12volt got all this started. It is even Tech12volt’s picture that is posted here. I think we also need to say they to are stand up guys with out :roll: then This fix,if it turns out to work, would not have been found.[/quote]

Who started this? No one had any information and I went out and bought one just to see if I can find this.

I'm all for thanking people who needed to be thanked... but if others had information, I wish they would have shared. Those guys did not help me at all.

Where is Tech12volt's picture? The one here
[url=http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1593]http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1593[/url]
and are you mean it's the same as this one?
[url=http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1592&start=4]http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 92&start=4[/url]

I took those pictures! I sent the one (with the crappy arrow) in the link above to this guy. I had already found what to do where, when I found his auction on ebay. I contacted him to see if his ideas were going to validate my own. He replied with "you need to ground one of the unused pins but I don't know which one". I already had the picture taken and edited in photoshop with the arrows. I told him to take that picture forware and share it.

If you notice the time on those posts, I posed mine before he posted his. I made the one he posted first and then emailed him the one with the prettier arrow.

And I love the PAC guys. They make some great stuff. I emailed them asking them for information and they said "We are aware of this issue and are currently trying to find the fix. Be patient as these things take time." They didn't help me either. This was the post where they were talking about:
[url=http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1590]http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1590[/url]
Well that was exactly what I was looking into before they posted this.
[url=http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1570]http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1570[/url]
I was in the D2 forums exploring the same thing. I just didn't tell people my plans cause no one contacted me saying they were working on it and until I had something more concrete I didn't want to get people's hopes up.

It's very possible that one of these guys would have found this without me. Who knows, maybe someone knew what needed to be done and didn't share it with anyone. I'm not saying that I'm the only one who could have found this. But those guys did not help me at all. If other people had information it would have been nice for them to share with me.... since I had to do this on my own.[/quote]

So that's why you wanted the pinout of the d1/2 harness? Makes sense now.
[quote name="ducatiboy"] [quote name="cntrylvr79"]Wow you mean it might have actually become easier to bypass... Downside is people won't need your circuit anymore. Which I guess that does kind of suck.[/quote]

Yah, that is true. I was hoping that I could still stay in business, but what's even worse, I don't think anyone ever needed my circuit. I think that everyone could have just done this from the beginning, I'm going to test my old unit as well. I think sales just went to 0 and will stay there from now on :) Oh well, it's better to be honest than rich.

I'm going to take a bunch of pictures to make sure everyone can see how it's done.[/quote]

Are you freakin kidding? Ducati the world needs more people like you...seriously. You ever thought about working for Exxon or Shell? lol. Thanks for the honesty man...
[quote name="bongus"]Hey Steve aka DucatiBoy, now that you figured this out...how much for the "tester" Z1? Send me a PM if you are interested in selling. TIA[/quote]

Thanks for the offer, but it's still installed in my truck, and I want to start doing some more hard drive swapping and testing with this unit as well. And after that, I believe a friend of mine (locally) would like to buy it off me.
hey ducatiboy, i did the new bypass on my July 06 unit and, YEA, it works like a charm. Drove around for around 30 minutes no problem.

Instead of using the mute wire, because i need that to use onstar, i used on thats for guide or something like that. There is plenty unused that i had to choose from.

Anyway, i bought you circuit previously (didnt work with my unit) and dont regret giving you a penny. You earned it man!

By the way heres something i found out by accident. I did the new bypass and i still had your flashing circuit installed. I was about to post online the new bypass didnt work for me, but i thought of removing the circuit and then it worked. I guess if you do both bypasses you get crap!

Thanks again, your a hero!