AVIC411.com

Just did the F-Series Update. NO MORE TTS!!!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

I was missing TTS all along. I also just installed 2.0 hoping it would come back but did not. Here is the fix that worked for me:

Boot in test mode

Go to \My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\CONTENT\VOICE\

Delete all the files that have the word TTS in them. I had four I deleted, and 3 other files remained. I then booted normal, and installed the TTS just like the firmware instructions tell you to, and then samantha was back

I like how everyone whos TTS is working tells others who arent to read instruction and make sure they did step 7-10. Mines gone too and im pretty sure everyone can follow the instruction fine. im just tired of reading post over and over telling us to follow steps 7-10. this is probably just a stupid pioneer bug. =\

I as well no longer have Samantha TTS after the 2.0 update but I also no longer have english text for menus. In an attempt to try and get my TTS voices back I switched to a different language in the hope that switching back to english would solve the problem. However now, it is stuck on any language other then english regardless as to weather I select Jason english or not. All menus are now in a foreign language that I dont understand. This update has now caused more problems then it has solved.

Ok I figured out how to fix this. Fallow the instructions previously posted above to get your TTS voices back by booting into test mode and deleting the TTS files already there. If you have the foreign language text issue as I had go to SETTINGS, NAVI SETTINGS and choose RESTORE FACTORY DEFAULTS. That gave me my english menus back.

• 4 months later...