AVIC411.com

Just did the F-Series Update. NO MORE TTS!!!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got off the phone with Pioneer, they said they have about 4 cases so far of TTS not working after the update and they forwarded all the cases to the engineering department. They gave me a case number also and said to give them a call back in a few days to see what they find. :?

I too have no option for TTS, but this error occurred prior to the update. Upon initial startup after installation I had the option for Samantha – TTS, but chose Jason instead. When I went back to change to Samantha and she was gone along with all other TTS options. I have reset the system every way listed in the book with no luck. I did notice that in the lower right hand corner there is an option to setup TTS, but it only searches the USB and SD card for the files. I was hoping the update would solve this issue. The files are still on the system under “My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\ScanSoft\RealSpeakSolo\SPEECH\components†(I love that the update exposed WinCE). I have even tried copying the Samantha files to the SD and use the setup TTS option, but it does not recognize them.

In the sys file found at “My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo†I found this line “tts_nuance="\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\ScanSoft\RealSpeakSolo"†under [folders]. In this folder there are no files present just the folder labeled SPEECH. I would like to know if the people that still have the TTS option show anything different? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

flinkazoid, it won't be necessary to send in your unit if you do not want to. I just spoke with an operations representative and he told me to send it in also, but I told him that wasn't really an option for me. He put me on hold for a minute and then told me that I don't have to send it in, they have notified the engineers of this issue and they will most likely release a fix for the issue within two weeks.

I would give Pioneer another call and tell them that you do not want to send the unit in (if you really don't) and you can wait for the fix.

I too have no option for TTS, but this error occurred prior to the update. Upon initial startup after installation I had the option for Samantha – TTS, but chose Jason instead. When I went back to change to Samantha and she was gone along with all other TTS options. I have reset the system every way listed in the book with no luck. I did notice that in the lower right hand corner there is an option to setup TTS, but it only searches the USB and SD card for the files. I was hoping the update would solve this issue. The files are still on the system under “My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\ScanSoft\RealSpeakSolo\SPEECH\components†(I love that the update exposed WinCE). I have even tried copying the Samantha files to the SD and use the setup TTS option, but it does not recognize them.

In the sys file found at “My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo†I found this line “tts_nuance="\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\ScanSoft\RealSpeakSolo"†under [folders]. In this folder there are no files present just the folder labeled SPEECH. I would like to know if the people that still have the TTS option show anything different? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Whoa, is this thing running iGo's windows mobile navigation software?? If so, that would be pretty cool, as updated maps are readily available for that online (and TTS voices too). I've played with it on my windows mobile phone, and it seems to work pretty well...much better than the D3 at least.

• 3 weeks later...

I received a call last week from a Pioneer operations representative asking me if I was still having the TTS issue. He then told me that the engineers were unable to recreate the issue I was having and needed me to send in my unit for further inspection.

I sent in the unit and they shipped a new one out to me (they don't cross-ship, which sucks because it cost me $60 to ship it to Cali) and I should receive it today.

That is where the zip files for each voice are located on my system.

I received the new unit earlier and promptly installed it. I now have all of the voices and I can confirm that Samantha does work (and sounds like crap). However, for some reason this unit seems MUCH slower than my old unit. The boot up time seems twice as long; it's pretty excruciating. On my old unit I did free up RAM via Windows CE using the testmode files to speed up the boot time and responsiveness of the unit.