AVIC411.com

Bad business

Okay, so I was told I can have the Avic-Z1 and all the accessories (I was told they were in stock) shipped to me in a matter of a week. 6th Ave is the name of the company. Well, everything came in dribs and drabs. I was mad, and was weary about my decision in buying from 6th Ave. Electronics. They are on the list of “Authorized Dealers” on Pioneer’s website. Many phone calls and headaches. I was going to install the package in my F-150 myself. Didn’t make much sense to take my dash apart to install parts as they came in. NON-Returnable – stuck. I will tell you, everyone that I have spoken to there has lacked courtesy and I think they are taught that the Customer is always wrong – they are very rude people. The worst company I have ever had the displeasure to do business with. I don’t think Pioneer is going to allow 6th Ave. Electronics to stay “Authorized” much longer.

When I opened the box to the AVIC-Z1, it did look like it was a system pull, also – it was dated May 2005. I just had a gut feeling that I should have this professionally installed – to protect myself against 6th Ave. Electronics for accusing me for doing a faulty install (although I deal low voltage all day). Well, I had a very reputable company do the install (he even made a nice fake faceplate from the original Ford radio too – to hide the AVIC-Z1). The guy does all the Howard Stern Crews’ installs. He is the guy to go to when you want sound and/or security for your car. Real nice guy too – very genuine. Anyway, he calls me up to tell me the unit isn’t any good. It turns on, but blank screen. He told me the unit is D.O.A. (dead on arrival). He tried everything. Of course, I am slated to go on vacation this weekend into next week, so the Nav would have came in handy.

No, the story doesn’t end there. I had called Ms. Wonderful at 6th Ave and she tells me that it is non-returnable and I must send it back to Pioneer, then hung up. Gulp! Now, I am in the installer’s shop and he can not believe the whole situation. He, along with I, were livid. I had then called Pioneer’s Customer Service and she kindly explained to me that if they are a “Pioneer Authorized Dealer” they must replace the unit, not repair, but REPLACE. I said to her it was D.O.A. and she said to me, “I don’t care if it was D.O.A. or under a year old, they must REPLACE the unit – that is one of the prerequisites in becoming an “Authorized Pioneer Dealer”. Man that was a relief. She told me to call back 6thAve and tell them this. I explained to the Pioneer Customer Service woman that I had no luck with them (6thAve.) and they told me I must send it to Pioneer and that was her (Ms. Wonderful at 6thAve.) final answer. I asked Pioneer if they can help me out with explaining that to 6thAve. Pioneer Customer Service put me on hold for about 20 minutes, then came back and said, “go ahead and call them now”. Things are looking up.

So I called back 6thAve and oddly enough (or maybe not) I got the same Service Rep. I told her who I was and she said, “I know”. She gave me every excuse why she thought they shouldn’t (didn’t) have to replace the D.O.A. unit they sold me. She was real snotty in explaining how to send the unit back, I mean, like I robbed her purse or something. I said to her, since I travel a lot, I will personally return the unit back to one of their stores – I travel to New Jersey at least 3-4 times a month and I figure it would speed things up, plus I can take a look at their operation. Get this, she said I can’t return the item in person, I had ordered it on the internet. I had corrected her and told her, I did not. I had phoned the order in. So she now says, well that is the internet phone number. I said listen, I didn’t order from your website, I had ordered it via phone. I finally came to my senses and realized I didn’t want to play their game any longer. I am now going to write to American Express and stop payment and to have a nice day.

I am at wits end with them and will not be subjected to this rudeness any longer. I feel like they are doing me a favor, giving them my money. Anyway, there is my story. Be careful who you buy from.
Well that's why we pay via credit cards; so if a retailer like this messes around, the CC company will protect you.

Did you ask to speak with this reps supervisor? The second a rep gives me an attitude I do that immediately and the supervisor (usually) helps me properly.

Now since you're returning the Z1, what accessories did you buy?

You may be able to sell them here :lol:
I had talked to 3 people with the same attitude and answers.

I will be returning everything I bought from them (if I can) They are all installed and I will leave them installed, until I get word from Amex. They might just allow the unit itself to be returned. I will get the unit elsewhere (avic-z1). Amex already asked me for a letter from the installer, which I have and I had faxed over already. :D
That's good info about that retailer.

Off Topic, but I have a question. Since you mention that you have installed all of this into an F-150, I plan to buy a new F-150 soon, and add on the AVIC-Z1. So I have a couple questions: How much did it cost for the professional install? And how much trouble did they go to for the mounting of the microphone and GPS antenna? Are they tucked away out of sight, or exposed? I am trying to determine if I should do the installation myself, (which like you, I'm electronics/installation knowledgable), or leave the hassle of it all to someone who knows how to do it well. I want the installation to be done in such a manner that no one would be able to tell that the AVIC-Z1 isn't stock with the vehicle. No exposed wires, etc. And another reason for the pro install is because finding all the speed sense, and other non speaker/power/ground connections might be a challenge. And for another question: where is a good hidden away place to install the Sirius PNR2 option? Since I am buying/ordering a new 2007 FX4 F-150 Luxury package loaded with most all options in a couple months, I was thinking of not buying anything but the standard single cd stereo with the truck. But unfortunately the standard stereo cannot be ordered with the audiophile/subwoofer, you must purchase the six cd stereo to have audiophile/subwoofer. In your opinion, should I just buy the six cd stereo and the audiophile/subwoofer options to have the audiophile/subwoofer for the AVIC-Z1? Or just buy better aftermarket speakers and subwoofer along with the Z1?
Thanks,
JSB
fanito, I agree.

jsb123

[quote]How much did it cost for the professional install?[/quote]
Don’t know yet, I didn’t ask.

[quote]And how much trouble did they go to for the mounting of the microphone and GPS antenna?[/quote]
Mic is completely hidden near my auto start antenna.
The GPS is hidden under the shroud right below the windshield wipers, but my Sirius antenna is pathed through the rear light. Sirius antenna’s like to see full sky.

[quote]And for another question: where is a good hidden away place to install the Sirius PNR2 option?[/quote]
He found a place behind the avic, because I can’t find it. I will ask him when I get back from vacation.

[quote]I was thinking of not buying anything but the standard single cd stereo with the truck[/quote]
Just buy a standard stereo system, then customize once you get the truck, you will run into a lot less issues.
Well don't wait for Pioneer to revoke the dealer status of [b]6th Avenue[/b]. Pioneer will sell to anyone who can move their product. [b]6th Avenue[/b] has been one of the worst retailers in New York for a loooong time and with at least another 300 million Americans to screw will be around for a long time to come. Suppliers like Pioneer just turn a deaf ear when they get complaints but don't seem to realize that they would sell just as many sets, and maybe even more, if [b]6th Avenue [/b] was NOT a dealer.
I had learned my lesson about [b]6th Avenue [/b] some years ago and believe me it's even worse when you try and communicate with them from here in Canada. It's always cheaper to pay a couple of bucks more and deal with someone reputable.
WOW, what a nightmare. I am really sorry to hear you had such a horrible experiance with 6th avenue. I am curious to hear how all this pans out. I will say, I've never had dealings with 6th avenue, but after hearing this I never will. Also, don't hesistate to contact the Better Business Bureau ([url]http://www.bbb.org[/url]) and the Consumer Protection Agency
([url]http://www.ftc.gov/ftc/consumer/home.html[/url]). When stuff happens we need to report it. Sure one report might not mean anything, but if these agencys keep getting the same complaints maybe they will revoke their business licence, or at least investigate them and force them to improve.
I bought my Z1 from the local 6Ave store. They matched their internet price and offered a 1 ($150) and 3 ($200) year extended warranty with no pressure. I decided to take the 3 year because of the complexity of this unit and being a new model and for peace of mind that I am covered for 4 years. They told me to just bring the unit back to the store and they will send it out for warranty service if needed. All you have to do is just say NO to the extended warranty. I also bought the rearview camera and they matched any authorized retailer internet price. Overall, I am satisfied with buying from the local store. I haven't purchased from their internet website.
I too had a great experience with 6th ave. Every rep I spoke with while digging for the best deal was nice and very helpful. I come from a customer service back ground so it takes a lot to get me to speak positively in this area.

As mentioned above I too was offered the extended warranties and declined them. Item arrived very quickly and in superb condition.

Seems my experience is the exact opposite of the majority here.
[quote name="DataAve"]Okay, so I was told I can have the Avic-Z1 and all the accessories (I was told they were in stock) shipped to me in a matter of a week. 6th Ave is the name of the company. Well, everything came in dribs and drabs. I was mad, and was weary about my decision in buying from 6th Ave. Electronics. They are on the list of “Authorized Dealers” on Pioneer’s website. Many phone calls and headaches. I was going to install the package in my F-150 myself. Didn’t make much sense to take my dash apart to install parts as they came in. NON-Returnable – stuck. I will tell you, everyone that I have spoken to there has lacked courtesy and I think they are taught that the Customer is always wrong – they are very rude people. The worst company I have ever had the displeasure to do business with. I don’t think Pioneer is going to allow 6th Ave. Electronics to stay “Authorized” much longer.

When I opened the box to the AVIC-Z1, it did look like it was a system pull, also – it was dated May 2005. I just had a gut feeling that I should have this professionally installed – to protect myself against 6th Ave. Electronics for accusing me for doing a faulty install (although I deal low voltage all day). Well, I had a very reputable company do the install (he even made a nice fake faceplate from the original Ford radio too – to hide the AVIC-Z1). The guy does all the Howard Stern Crews’ installs. He is the guy to go to when you want sound and/or security for your car. Real nice guy too – very genuine. Anyway, he calls me up to tell me the unit isn’t any good. It turns on, but blank screen. He told me the unit is D.O.A. (dead on arrival). He tried everything. Of course, I am slated to go on vacation this weekend into next week, so the Nav would have came in handy.

No, the story doesn’t end there. I had called Ms. Wonderful at 6th Ave and she tells me that it is non-returnable and I must send it back to Pioneer, then hung up. Gulp! Now, I am in the installer’s shop and he can not believe the whole situation. He, along with I, were livid. I had then called Pioneer’s Customer Service and she kindly explained to me that if they are a “Pioneer Authorized Dealer” they must replace the unit, not repair, but REPLACE. I said to her it was D.O.A. and she said to me, “I don’t care if it was D.O.A. or under a year old, they must REPLACE the unit – that is one of the prerequisites in becoming an “Authorized Pioneer Dealer”. Man that was a relief. She told me to call back 6thAve and tell them this. I explained to the Pioneer Customer Service woman that I had no luck with them (6thAve.) and they told me I must send it to Pioneer and that was her (Ms. Wonderful at 6thAve.) final answer. I asked Pioneer if they can help me out with explaining that to 6thAve. Pioneer Customer Service put me on hold for about 20 minutes, then came back and said, “go ahead and call them now”. Things are looking up.

So I called back 6thAve and oddly enough (or maybe not) I got the same Service Rep. I told her who I was and she said, “I know”. She gave me every excuse why she thought they shouldn’t (didn’t) have to replace the D.O.A. unit they sold me. She was real snotty in explaining how to send the unit back, I mean, like I robbed her purse or something. I said to her, since I travel a lot, I will personally return the unit back to one of their stores – I travel to New Jersey at least 3-4 times a month and I figure it would speed things up, plus I can take a look at their operation. Get this, she said I can’t return the item in person, I had ordered it on the internet. I had corrected her and told her, I did not. I had phoned the order in. So she now says, well that is the internet phone number. I said listen, I didn’t order from your website, I had ordered it via phone. I finally came to my senses and realized I didn’t want to play their game any longer. I am now going to write to American Express and stop payment and to have a nice day.

I am at wits end with them and will not be subjected to this rudeness any longer. I feel like they are doing me a favor, giving them my money. Anyway, there is my story. Be careful who you buy from.[/quote]

I would have to totally agreed on what you just said. I bought my stuff almost three months ago and have not received all of my parts. They don't answer emails or return calls, only when they read something bad that you post about them or when you threat them about filing with your cc company. WORST customer service ever!
This is a little off product (not the AVIC-Z1, but speakers).

I tried to purchase some Focal speakers from acaraudio.com and these guys misrepresented their ability to deliver. They charged my CC immediatly but after a week there was still no progress in the online order status (site still said 'verifying order').

When I complained of no progress on my order they told me the speakers would ship out the next day. I told them I would be canceling the order if it did not ship the next day.

So to stall even further, these guys went to fedex.com and entered a false shipment so I would be emailed a tracking number. The estimated arrival date came and went without a package so I called fedex. They said there was never a package received by fedex for the tracking number or in my name at all.

When I called acaraudio to cancel the order, they lied and said that the package was shipped. They are now stalling on crediting my CC because they say they have to wait for the package to be returned to them (I have proof from Fedex that they never sent a package).

I have since contacted the CC company and disputed the charge.

[b]NEVER USE ACARAUDIO.COM[/b]

I did a little research and this company has many, many complaints against them with the BBB (they have a 'D' rating). I wish I had researched them prior to doing business with them.