AVIC411.com

Pioneer Website updated ... 2008 MAPS ... $120 ....

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I called Pioneer and they said that the discs were map only. I asked them about the different groups splitting up the D3/N4 with the rest of the systems, and she said that was because the other group are discontinued systems.

They wanted to say, here is the map update that is available for these current products, but if you have one of the older models, you can update your map as well.

I still want to see the update with my own eyes to judge if they added anything in features, but we shall see

Guest astrobill

HAHAHAH!

Look again! Somebody in here says it now says "September" for supposed map updates!

Hahahahahaha.....hehehehehe....hahahaha!!!!

I'm laughing my ass off....Pioneer is SO HORRIBLE at product support, it's gotten way past the stage of comical. Now it's just absolutely pathetic!

About four months ago, I offered to bet somebody on this site that Pioneer will NEVER release AVIC-D3 map updates -- much less actual upgrades to correct all the silly, ridiculous software bugs and shoddy programming.

It's now four months or more since somebody offered to take me up on the bet for $1000. Let's call it $100/mo. You now owe me $400...and counting.

Anyone taking bets on when they'll change it to "coming in October" ? I say it changes to that on 30 Sep 08!

LOL

In the meantime, entire new COUNTIES full of towns have been built that aren't on the Pioneer map disks for the D3....disks made over 18 months ago with data that was probably older than that.

Even sadder is the fact that Pioneer refuses to admit the D3 has all the problems it had.

When I had my D3, I remember sitting in my car thinking things like:

"Are you kidding me??? They couldn't scroll full song titles in XM??? They couldn't make the voice dialing commands from my Bluetooth phone actually be AUDIBLE so I can hear my phone asking if it heard me right??? Is this a prototype product? WTF????"

Even funnier are all the secret Pioneer "plants" and Audio salespeople who constantly offer apologies and excuses for Pioneer in these Forums....

LOL!

Guest astrobill

You know what's funny...even when your map update comes out (likely to be two years since the original versions), they're probably going to have such old data and POI info that they're useless anyway!

Seriously....if Pioneer has made these things already, then they're at least five months old (that's when the photos of the supposed disks appeared on Pioneer's website, right?).

Tom Tom has already released something like a billion map data and POI updates in the time since Pioneer posted supposed photos of the "new" disks...LOL.

What a pathetically useless company Pioneer is. I think they use the US for alpha testing of their ideas, then fix them and sell them in Europe or Japan! hahaha

• 2 weeks later...

Upgrade for the D3 with the CNDV-80MT disk

For customers using AVIC-D3, AVIC-X3

By upgrading the navigation system with this

disc, following points are renewed.

– The map database

– Background images(AVIC-D3 only)

The other operations are essentially the same as

those at the time you purchased the hardware.

Use the Operation Manual included in the hardware

package as your primary reference.

About the Database

Data for the Map Database

• This database was developed and recorded up

to May 2007. Changes to streets/roads made

after that time may not be reflected in this

database

As far as everyone thats complaining/bashing on Pioneer. I got the D3 after reading and researching on the net. I'm happy with it. Sure it could be better but... It could also be much worse. I'm glad they added the ipod support even if its not perfect. It works!!! Yes the text scrolling is crappy but really who gives a %$@%. Would I like it to be better? Sure. Am I going to sit around and whine about it? No. Should you? If you want better voice support then uh... buy a unit with better voice support. It's not Pioneer's fault you can't afford it LOL. Be glad they added the data/voice over BT at all for under $1000

Well I called Pioneer and they said that the discs were map only. I asked them about the different groups splitting up the D3/N4 with the rest of the systems, and she said that was because the other group are discontinued systems.

They wanted to say, here is the map update that is available for these current products, but if you have one of the older models, you can update your map as well.

I still want to see the update with my own eyes to judge if they added anything in features, but we shall see

I updated my D3 and as far as I know the only thing that changed is the year on the startup screen (of course the streets have changed, or so they say) :)

jmccaughin,

Did you check the disk for any new background images? I'm wondering if they added any new gauge images or anything. It just said background images but didnt specify anything. It is pretty sad that they come out with a new disk and the enduser is left trying to find some evidence that "anything" was updated LOL. Id just like it if they added the proper menu for the HD radio and maybe tweaked a few things. Theres probably little chance they're going to update anything at all on the D3 after this next update "if it ever comes". Hopefully they will at least do the things I mentioned. They want us all to buy F's and Z's etc they arent going to go out of their way to make the D3 any better.

About the Database

Data for the Map Database

• This database was developed and recorded up

to May 2007. Changes to streets/roads made

after that time may not be reflected in this

database

So this update STILL isn't released, and its from May 2007? Wow....thats all i can say is wow. Glad i sold my D3.

I have just verified that backup disc of the new software works on the D3. (west disc only)

I am willing to help out AVIC 411 members by burning this disc for them and shipping it to them there will be a small fee to cover cd costs and such.

thanks for all the help guys!

contact me at: asaca224 @ yahoo .com