AVIC411.com

Software mod "bypass" confirmed - Put away your wi

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like every other person who asked the same exact question, go back and read this entire post. There is a clear description about where to get the file, and how to install it. . . .

I have a F900bt with V2 firmware and 3.3 bluetooth upgrade.

Where can I download this file and how do I install it?

Thanks for your help.

DR

I am new to this and still can't locate the file as well as instructions how to install.

If you can point it out, that would be great.

Thanks for your patience, I have been searching and not found yet.

I am sure it is an operator error...

Thanks.

DR

Hi im a new avic 700bt owner, Im not exactly sure what i have donewrong but here is what i did please help Not sure if im missing a step

1.downloaded update 2.0

2.decompressed data folder

3. change the pioneer ini file to 128.00 ( speed detection)

4. recompressed it.

5. placed sd in radio turn key and nothing i went straigh to the intiall window.

I dont get it ? please help

Hi im a new avic 700bt owner, Im not exactly sure what i have donewrong but here is what i did please help Not sure if im missing a step

1.downloaded update 2.0

2.decompressed data folder

3. change the pioneer ini file to 128.00 ( speed detection)

4. recompressed it.

5. placed sd in radio turn key and nothing i went straigh to the intiall window.

I dont get it ? please help

It's supposed to go into the install/copying window. Please re-read the directions. They are clear. Also, if you ever intend to go 80 MPH or more, then you need to change the value to a higher number, like 250 or 300. This too is covered many times in the posts.

• 2 weeks later...

my icon for the data file shows a Windows icon and will not open, message states there is no application for this, run file first? have i not loaded the correct format on my SD (this is the final step before i copy and paste in F-series/LPU/APL2/go....data)

So I have a avic-700, I had the install done at Best Buy, they grounded the parking ground wire to the parking brake in my 1999 Lexus ES300. I have done the software modification (16 changed to 256) part of this install, my only question is since it has already been installed, where can I relocate the parking ground wire without too much effort.

Any suggestions? Much appreciated. :)

"where can I relocate the parking ground wire without too much effort."

Why? there is absolutely nothing gained by undoing their wiring to your parking brake

Don't I have to relocate the wire to another grounding spot in order to fully complete the bypass for full nav control and video in motion??

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just want to let everyone know that by following the threads on this forum, as well as the "how to back up your flash disk thread", I was able to complete the hardware/software handbrake bypass. Many thanks to all who contributed. Now I can install my slimline PS2 for my passengers to play on those long trips down to AC! Kudos.

I have a difficult car to install my F90BT in and could not do it myself due to all the impacts - the venting issues, custom dash mounts, etc. So I had my install done by a very reputable shop. Standing completely still (0 mph - not 1Omph), when I disengage the parking brake, all the cool icons go grey and I can no longer watch videos. I assume this means the parking brake was not grounded the way it needs to be for this mod to work, which, as I see it, means the installation was done completely by the book.

I do not want to mess with the install in any way - that means no pulling the HU out, mucking with wires, etc, as it's a complete success in every way (other than the video thing).

Question: Is there a way of doing a TRUE sw bypass which would not require any work involving wires, given the situation described above, in order to get video in motion? Or is the answer simply to take it back to the shop and beg them to ground the parking brake wire?

Thanks!

PS I get the point of this quasi SW mod...it does sidestep a bunch of other wiring hacks that the "true" hardware bypass calls for. But I hope you can appreciate my reasons for wanting to avoid even the parking brake wire tweak.