AVIC411.com

Color Schemes

Thank you Boris so basically copy that file onto my sd card copy that file i need into the other folder on my computer then stick that into the folder on the avic in testmode correct.. Kevin

Copy DATA.ZIP to SD card.

On PC:

if using WInZIP, unzip the whole thing preserving directory structure

copy cursor_places where it should go

ZIP the whole thing back up, preserving exact same structure.

If using WinRAR or 7ZIP, you could just drag the file out, then back to the new location.

Copy the fil back to the headunit.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am having the same problem as Sandpro, no matter what scheme I select the map colors stay the same, the only change I see is the route line color changes. I went in to the save folder and deleted everything as well but still no luck. Any possibility something else is over riding the scheme files? I guess the problem for me is all the surrounding area is green/blue. Do the schemes change the terrain colors too, or am looking at it all wrong? :?

I unzipped the "main" zip file and put the "little" zip files in. They then showed up fine in the menu.

For Xerses.rar, scheme.rar, RealViewV6.rar no problem. But in Schemes.rar, there are a bunch of .png files and a text file. What do we do with those? Thanks a lot for your help.

You still need, in DATA.ZIP, to copy cursor_places.spr from common to common/night folder.

Sorry fo rthe noob question but where can i find this file to download? i see people talking about Mavericks mod DATA.zip but I cant find it to download. Any help pointing me to the thread with the DATA.zip downloads by forum members would be greatly appreciated.

So apparently I'm struggling here. I have made change after change but am probably doing something fundamentally wrong.

I took one of the theme .zip files and copied it to something else... MyTheme.zip. I then modified the colors in the file to be basically the same thing that you see in the Pioneer Blue Day theme but with a light tan/kahki ground background that is something similar to the Xersus Summer theme. Change after change, same results... nada.

Once I change the color.ini and color3d.ini files I put them back into the zip file which also contains a "content.nng" file and "dayheightcolormap.bmp".

So clearly I'm doing something wrong. Can someone help point me in the right direction?

Also, here is some reference material...

this site will allow you to put in RGB values and see what the color is. This is helpful when trying to figure out what color the .ini files are referencing. http://webdeveloper.earthweb.com/reposi ... 1/hex.html

this site will allow you to look at a color and see the value (basically the opposite of what is above). http://web.njit.edu/~kevin/rgb.txt.html

Thanks in advance for your help. This is starting to drive me nuts. :)