AVIC411.com

HOW TO: Add Branded POI icons :UPDATED: 04-21-09

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is the size of the POI that is displayed on the screen related to the Stripes number? is there a maxium size you can use? Most are 30 or 32, can you go 35 or 40?

More or less... Stripes parameter tells software how tall in individual icon in the image file is, so stripes value should be based on pictures you use.

You can use 40,60 or whatever, but unless you also change image files accordingly you'll get pieces of icons al over the place... There is no scaling of POI icons, so you can't make them larger or smaller on the fly...

I downloaded the branding.zip, i took a quick view in it and saw a lot of duplicate files and a folder wit resolution 480*272, where pioneer has 800*480, anyone knows whar effect his has.

I'm currently using eu 2009.2 maps is the file working with this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I installed the branding.zip from post#1 on 3.01. I am having some of the fast food icons showing up transparent on the map (ie McDonalds, etc). Does anyone know how to fix this?

Also, if anyone can shed some light on how to add more icons for the ones missing, I would be happy to try and fill them in a bit more.

Thanks for the help.

Jason

I installed the branding.zip and it works perfect. The laneinfosigns are now darkgreen instead of blue. Is it possible to turn them back to blue, cause in europe they are most of the time blue.

Please tell me how to change this.

Rob: F900BT with version 3.000300

I installed the branding.zip and it works perfect. The laneinfosigns are now darkgreen instead of blue. Is it possible to turn them back to blue, cause in europe they are most of the time blue.

Please tell me how to change this.

Rob: F900BT with version 3.000300

In COMMON folder there is a file laneinfo_signpost.ini which might have color settings (RGB) for shields. If there's nothing there, shields are European-default blue. For US we need to add a color line there that changes them to green.

If branding.zip has this file, it overrides one in DATA.ZIP, so just delete it from there.

Also, for Europe there are craploads of branding files that are good, unlike US where this one is the only decent one available. Check something like http://www.i-go8.com