Actual Disk CNDV-80MT Disk Available for Download

Downloading  

281 members have voted

1. 1. Downloading

• West
    • East & West
    • Nope

Hi jlong,

I downloaded from the link and got a file called CNDV_80MT_East.zip.

When I try to open it with winzip version 6.0, I get an I/O error.

Other .zip files open correctly. Do I need a newer version of winzip?

I am using Verizon FIOS and have not had any download problems before.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

It was zipped with 7Zip, d/l the free version.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi jlong,

I downloaded from the link and got a file called CNDV_80MT_East.zip.

When I try to open it with winzip version 6.0, I get an I/O error.

Other .zip files open correctly. Do I need a newer version of winzip?

I am using Verizon FIOS and have not had any download problems before.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

It was zipped with 7Zip, d/l the free version.

Thanks rotun. That is the information that I needed.

plummit, all of your posts are the same. You are a self righteous arrogant prick and you just like hearing yourself talk. this is a forums full of free information tech advice, tips tricks and hacks so why wouldnt people come here wanting the updates for free too? Christ. We are sharing something with other people, we all understand you don't approve. I think its also safe to say none of us give a fuck what you think?

Again, to anyone interested:

If you are not tech savvy, don't have a DL burner, don't own any DL discs, or are just fuckin lazy, I can and will burn copies for you. $15 for both east and west, on a memorex DL DVD +R, which works perfect, shipped to your door. Paypal or money order is ok, and I don't charge extra for paypal! I downloaded these free same copies that are here on the FTP, and can provide the DVD, burning, and shipping for those of you that are held back by one of the stipulations above.

PM or email me with any questions or to order. I have had 4 orders in the last day and 6 additional emails. I will thank rotun and jlong for providing this and am not chargng in order to make any profit. It is simply to cover costs and expenses.

Regards

~Eric

Guest astrobill

For 06cs:

If I recall the D3 correctly, the service screen thing that AudioKrazy suggests may not be needed to go back to the old disk. It depends on how far you got updating the map data.

Try this:

While the "Please Insert Appropriate Disk" error is on the screen, hold down the eject button until the "new" disk comes out. Then just put the old East disk back in and RESET the unit using the little reset hole.

Since this was just a map update, I *think* the D3 will simply go back to using the old splash screen and map data if you do this.

If this doesn't work, eject the disk and try again, but hit the RESET *before* putting your old East disk back in.

If neither of these works, AudioKrazy's thing might work...depends on how far you got updating the map data and splash screen image.

In either case, it's pretty hard to "brick" the old D3 from this attempt...it's a forgiving (and simplistic) design. I'm pretty sure you can fix this...

None of this happens with my Kenwood, of course! ;o)

Is anyone else having issues doing a POI 'Search by Vicinity' off this West disc, or is it just me? Please give it a shot next time you get in the car if you would.

The filesize I've got matches the one on the FTP, and it was burned on low speed on Verbatim media.

if your having trouble with POI search or address search most likely your unit is having trouble reading the disc all the time so either your disc has a bad burn or you might have a problem like i did my dvd pickup lense was extremely dirty i picked up a normal dvd lens cleaner from walmart after it was cleaned it worked great and dont have this problem anymore

Is anyone else having issues doing a POI 'Search by Vicinity' off this West disc, or is it just me? Please give it a shot next time you get in the car if you would.

The filesize I've got matches the one on the FTP, and it was burned on low speed on Verbatim media.

if your having trouble with POI search or address search most likely your unit is having trouble reading the disc all the time so either your disc has a bad burn or you might have a problem like i did my dvd pickup lense was extremely dirty i picked up a normal dvd lens cleaner from walmart after it was cleaned it worked great and dont have this problem anymore

I had same exact problem related to a bad burn. Try burning at a slower speed. If that doesn't work replace the laser lens, it cost me 75$ to replace mine