AVIC411.com

LeetLauncher v3.0!!!

Hi letcode i've european avicf900bt, maybe I did not understand the procedure, however, leetlauncher v3.0 does not start automatically, I have to boot it from Windows CE, but in this case I have no sound! This is the content of the root of my sd card. Where am I wrong?

-Application Data

-Garmin

-iGo8

-LeetLauncher --? IS THIS MY MISTAKE???

-Testmode

-TomTom

-voices

I've make all your steps, but nothing...! No auto/start and no sound..!

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi letcode i've european avicf900bt, maybe I did not understand the procedure, however, leetlauncher v3.0 does not start automatically, I have to boot it from Windows CE, but in this case I have no sound! This is the content of the root of my sd card. Where am I wrong?

-Application Data

-Garmin

-iGo8

-LeetLauncher --? IS THIS MY MISTAKE???

-Testmode

-TomTom

-voices

I've make all your steps, but nothing...! No auto/start and no sound..!

That is correct in the way the folders should look. Do you have a leetlauncher folder inside the leetlauncher folder?

No, in leetlauncher folder there is :

-leetlauncher.exe

-apps

-config

ecc...

I don't know why it don't start automatically, however i've another question, what is the role of testmode folder ? When I reboot my unit does not start neither testmode nor leetlauncher, if instead, i replace the folder testmode with another testmode (the testmode 2.3 of this site), then windows ce starts..

I don't know why it don't start automatically, however i've another question, what is the role of testmode folder ? When I reboot my unit does not start neither testmode nor leetlauncher, if instead, i replace the folder testmode with another testmode (the testmode 2.3 of this site), then windows ce starts..

th3-sh4rk, there are some files in the "testmode" folder with very long names made up of a mix of numbers and letters. Try copying the ones from testmode 2.3's "testmode" folder into the leetlauncher 3.0's "testmode" folder. These are a sort of key that the system looks for to decide if testmode is valid, and Leet's last release was before 2.006 and 3.0 came out and the required keys changed.

Hey, I've changed thats files in testmode, now testmode start automatically but leetlauncher no..! i don't know what is my porblem, for information, i've an italian (europe) f900bt, maybe some files is not correct for my device...However i have no error, now simply when i reboot my device, testmode starts..(windows ce)..

Hey, I've changed thats files in testmode, now testmode start automatically but leetlauncher no..! i don't know what is my porblem, for information, i've an italian (europe) f900bt, maybe some files is not correct for my device...However i have no error, now simply when i reboot my device, testmode starts..(windows ce)..

Sounds like you overwrote the files CopyTool.exe and CopyTool.mscr in the Testmode folder. You need the LeetLauncher copy of both files there in order for the correct script to be launched to load up LeetLauncher.

If you compare the *.mscr from both folders in a text editor (MortScript files, in case you're curious), you'll see they're like batch files that tell the script engine (CopyTool.exe, which is really MortScript.exe but renamed) to do certain tasks on our behalf. This is why you need to create a "hybrid" Testmode folder that has the contents of LeetLauncher 3.0 with only the missing key files from Testmode 2.3 added to it. If you are asked to overwrite any files when you're copying them over from Testmode 2.3, say no and I think you should get the desired result.

Here it is! I finally found out how to get this thing to work on 3.0

It would be nice if this were posted in the first post. It'd be nice if a 3.0 version zip was in the first post. It would be nice if the original poster clarified that you do not unzip the zip to the root of an sd card: you copy contents of the folder with stuff in it to the root of the SD card (the stuff buried two folders in). A working link to testmode 2.3 would be nice too (if a complete version 3.0 zip isn't made).

"Green Acres is the place to be.."

I haven't done the new firmware yet, but I think it is actually fairly easy to get it to work.

Go back to the first page of this thread, and read the instructions for the LeetLoader install again.

One thing I messed up was the directions say to extract the .zip into the root of your SD card. That doesn't exactly work, you need to extract the .zip, then copy all the folders from the 3.0 folder into the root of the SD card. You can extract to the SD card and then move the folders from the 3.0 folder into the root of the SD, but that is slower.

After you do that read this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=18522&p=174774&hilit=firmware+3.0#p174774

You need to change your TESTMODE files because you have 3.0

Getting it to boot is pretty easy if you do the above correctly. Turn the unit on w/o the SD card in. Put the SD card in, it needs to have at least one MP3 file. The pioneer willl then start playing the MP3 file when you insert the card. Once this happens, hold down your power button on the F500BT until the unit powers off. Leave the card in the slot, and hold down the power button until it comes back on. It will now boot to Leet, it will continue to boot to Leet each time you turn it on and off until you either crash it by messing around, or you remove the SD card and power up, or remove it while powered up (it doesn't like that)

Report back on how you like it, I am thinking about doing the 3.0 firmware upgrade, but haven't figured out the down side yet.

What I really want is GPS and music control while I am using the phone over bluetooth. Leet lets you do that, but it doesn't let you control the ipod, and I'm not totally sold on the coreplayer either.

I now have Garmin XT running on my F500BT under LeetLauncher ! - The problems I'm having are as follows:

* There's no audio in Garmin XT even though there is audio in Corel and Igo8.

* Garmin XT doesn't save any new settings. After I leave the XT program, I have to set it up again when I re-start. Also - Upon exiting XT, The unit goes back to a blue windowsCE screen instead of LeetLauncher.

Any suggestions would be appreciated - Thanks !

Yea, LeetLauncher 3.0 works fine with the newest WinCE and 3.010 firmware. Here's how to fix the autolaunch problem:

1) Download LeetLauncher here: http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=18522#p123463

2) Download TESTMODE 2.3 here: http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25367#p172474

3) Delete ALL files in Leet's testmode folder and replace them with the Testmode 2.3 files

4) Open CopyTool.mscr in notpad and erase all the text (optional, but makes it much faster)

5) Add this code to CopyTool.mscr and save:

Run(SystemPath("ScriptPath")\"..\LeetLauncher\LeetLauncher.exe")

Ok, this works but ...

I prefer to use leetlauncher 2:05 because I could use the ipod, mp3 etc. ... etc. .. simultaneously with TomTom.

Obviously, updating the firmware to version 3.0 of the Pioneer, I have to use the test mode to version 2.3 but I do not know how to edit CopyTool.mscr because "Leetlauncher.exe" file is not present in leelauncher 2.05.

Can someone help me?

Thank you.

Vampirello

Hi F500BT users,

I have done some modifications to Leetlauncher and I am currently working on it (but the time I can spend on it is very limited...).

Here below is a description of what I am doing, in case someone is interested to it pls let me know, as soon as it is finished I can share it, it depends on when I can solve the open issues (see below), and any help you can give to me will be greatly appreciated !

1. I have solved the standby problem on F500BT with Leetlauncher.

I have created a new icon in the application list to put the device in standby mode, the final effect is the same you have with the original Pioneer sw when you quickly press the on-off button. It works very well.

Question/issue: if somebody knows how commands can be associated with the hw buttons of the F500BT, pls let me know, I could put in standby mode the device just pressing a hw button instead of clicking the LL icon.

2. I have also added and integrated the Amigo sw inside LL, it runs properly however I am still struggling with the Amigo available resolutions, because there are currently no skins able to support the 800x480 resolution.

I know Amigo can read the sys.txt, I tried including some lower resolutions just like with IGO but either I have a very small image on the screen or a too large (cut) image, or worst a message saying this resolution is not supported.

Question/issue: Any suggestions on how to adapt the resolution ? Do you know if any modified Amigo skin supporting 800x480 is available ?

3. I have also updated the IGO version in LL to the last available release, however in this case the upper left button does not allow you anymore to return to Leetlauncher, I need to press the iconize button inside Igo8 to do it.

Again if someone can give suggestions on how to drive hw buttons of the F500BT I will use it, the other alternative is to create an icon on the IGO navigation screen to standby the device.

Hi,

I have been reading this forum for a while and I would like to thank you all for your information and fruitful discussions.

Finally I purchased a f500bt and I installed it into the car dashboard. Unfortunately I cannot access the SD card anymore and that makes me sick because I though I would have to disassemble all the dashboard for future hacking or map updates.

I have tried to overcome this problem by several ways but I have not found a clear answer in the forums for all these issues:

- Connect the F500bt to a computer. The computer finds something but there are not drivers (Pioneer SAT said there is no way).

- Leetlauncher installed in a USB stick. It boots from there but it freezes in a screen (something like System update. Please wait) but I have been waiting for a very long time (30 minutes) and nothing seems to happen. The USB light is continuously lightened and I don't know if this time is normal. The SD card has 8 gB of mp3s and I don't know if Leetelauncher makes something with them in the first boot....just to guess

Has anyone succeeded in installing leetlauncher with applications and maps and boot from a USB stick?

- SD extension cable. There is nothing like that in the market but I am considering the possibility of preparing an extension cable by two SD2microSD adapters.

Anyone has tried something like this?

Any answers will be welcome.