AVIC411.com

New Update Soon

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had a couple of disconnects with my ipod nano i used compressed canned air cleaned up the contacts on the ipod and the cable and haven't had any issues for about 2 mos now...

That is unique to yours and my guess is it was nothing more then coincidence. I have issues with my ipod disconnecting and unless you unplug it and replug it in it will never find it again. It is so common its definitely some sort of a glitch or bug somewhere and not thanks to dirty contacts. Unless of course the factory that made them was in a rock quarry.

Same here. it is definitely not a cable problem. It is a software issue.

I have ipod classic 6th (I guess) generation and beside the driver side channel going mute randomly, if I play a lot with albums, playlists selection, skipping and ff/rr songs the ipod connection drops, in a few cases freezing also the Ipod (I Had to un-freeze it with the up/menu key combination)

BTW I checked also all my wires to make sure and everything is connected well. This is an aspect that need to be fixed.

Also, i agree blue boxes in map mode when not in navigation needs to go away. Another issue is that when I'm on the radio or ipod screen and i initiate a call from the unit, after the call ends the unit displays the map and takes a while to output the original audio again.

Usability issues of a great unit that can be frustrating for ~$900 unit.

Well, Just placed my order for an F700BT. Will be posting my Kenwood 8120 on ebay within the next week providing the F700 is SOMEWHAT usable until the FW update hits.

I was one of the first F700 owners back in June, before the first FW update. So last time I used it, the BT quality was CRAP, the nav never STFU, the screen was dim as hell, the iPod tracks were totally out of order, voice control took forever to work and didn't at all if VR Catalog got turned off after cataloging. Also, voice control for Bluetooth didn't work worth a damn either.

So, I returned it and spent a ton of extra $$ for the Kenwood 8120.

From reading on here, It looks like the major things have been fixed with the exception of the long boot time and the iPod dropouts, which BOTH should hopefully be fixed to some extent soon enough.

I'm a bit excited to see how much different it is since the launch software. I'm expecting 1min+ boot times and to have to unplug the iPod for a while and that's ok.

Overall, I'm looking forward to getting back:

- A modern looking interface that doesn't look like Windows 95 era shareware

- Rotary Volume control

- Interior Matching Illumination

- Next/Back track buttons for music

- Voice control (Providing it works)

- Menus that aren't 20 pages deep with no real layout plan (Cmon, setting my language preference for Region 1 DVDs SHOULD NOT be higher up in the menu than Nav voice volume level, LOL. jk, but seriously the menus ARE of that nature, just totally F'ed)

There's just SO MUCH on the Kenwood that I don't need too. I don't need a DVD player, 2 video inputs, 2 USB inputs, relay controls, 5.1 5V preouts, much less any preouts beyond subwoofer, and the million+ soundfield controls. Everything on the KW worked the way it should have, but If I can gain some features that I can actually USE (Voice), get a better looking unit, with better ergonomics, and that will actually work decent (providing new FW does the trick for the iPod) then I'll be one happy camper with an extra few hundred $$$ after I sell the KW for ~$1k on eBay.

Well, Just placed my order for an F700BT. Will be posting my Kenwood 8120 on ebay within the next week providing the F700 is SOMEWHAT usable until the FW update hits.

I was one of the first F700 owners back in June, before the first FW update. So last time I used it, the BT quality was CRAP, the nav never STFU, the screen was dim as hell, the iPod tracks were totally out of order, voice control took forever to work and didn't at all if VR Catalog got turned off after cataloging. Also, voice control for Bluetooth didn't work worth a damn either.

So, I returned it and spent a ton of extra $$ for the Kenwood 8120.

From reading on here, It looks like the major things have been fixed with the exception of the long boot time and the iPod dropouts, which BOTH should hopefully be fixed to some extent soon enough.

I'm a bit excited to see how much different it is since the launch software. I'm expecting 1min+ boot times and to have to unplug the iPod for a while and that's ok.

Overall, I'm looking forward to getting back:

- A modern looking interface that doesn't look like Windows 95 era shareware

- Rotary Volume control

- Interior Matching Illumination

- Next/Back track buttons for music

- Voice control (Providing it works)

- Menus that aren't 20 pages deep with no real layout plan (Cmon, setting my language preference for Region 1 DVDs SHOULD NOT be higher up in the menu than Nav voice volume level, LOL. jk, but seriously the menus ARE of that nature, just totally F'ed)

There's just SO MUCH on the Kenwood that I don't need too. I don't need a DVD player, 2 video inputs, 2 USB inputs, relay controls, 5.1 5V preouts, much less any preouts beyond subwoofer, and the million+ soundfield controls. Everything on the KW worked the way it should have, but If I can gain some features that I can actually USE (Voice), get a better looking unit, with better ergonomics, and that will actually work decent (providing new FW does the trick for the iPod) then I'll be one happy camper with an extra few hundred $$$ after I sell the KW for ~$1k on eBay.

so why did you fork out all those extra $$$ and bought the dnx8120 that time and not the dnx5120?

anyway good luck with your new avic-f700bt :) and hoop the best with the yet to be seen firmware update...

That's gutsy, you waited this long I would suggest waiting until the units ship with the new firmware which should be next month we all hope. That way you don't have ants in your pants like the rest of us waiting for the update.

My unit works, but its no different then having a hot girlfriend who won't put out. It's annoying, qurky, buggy and really makes you wonder if the good outweighs the bad. Something should just work without compromise, especially if you treat it right, take care of it and pay a lot of money for it, lmao.

so why did you fork out all those extra $$$ and bought the dnx8120 that time and not the dnx5120?

anyway good luck with your new avic-f700bt :) and hoop the best with the yet to be seen firmware update...

I actually got the 5120 after I got rid of my beloved D3. Then when they announced the F series, I figured "Hey, I miss my D3 and now they have this awesome voice control version of it with better everything!" and I jumped the gun and sold my 5120 a week or so before I was able to get my hands on the F700. Once I got the F700 and saw how terrible the software was, I ran away from it and the guys at my local shop cut me an awesome deal on the 8120 for all the crap I went through with the F series, being a guinea pig for it and all. They gave me the 8120 pretty much at cost, so it wasn't THAT much more. At the time I was also ready to take ANYTHING that worked. lol.

I came back to these forums this past week and saw all the hacking going on with Win CE. I'm currently a programming student and think I could help some with development and enjoy watching this platform flourish into an awesome media player/nav system. Reminds me of my old days modding Xbox 1s and fiddling around with XBMC and other apps/emus. So I saw all these fun mods and the potential for more along with the new update soon from Pioneer and decided to jump ship now while my current unit is still worth $$$ and the F series is still dirt cheap.

i had a couple of disconnects with my ipod nano i used compressed canned air cleaned up the contacts on the ipod and the cable and haven't had any issues for about 2 mos now...

That is unique to yours and my guess is it was nothing more then coincidence. I have issues with my ipod disconnecting and unless you unplug it and replug it in it will never find it again. It is so common its definitely some sort of a glitch or bug somewhere and not thanks to dirty contacts. Unless of course the factory that made them was in a rock quarry.

i guess it could be a coincidence, i don't know....trust me i'm not happy with this unit....i can list so many annoyances/issues i'd crash the AVIC411 server.. :? the ipod though hasn't necessarily been an issue, at least for me and i drive around all day long, start and restart my truck at least 20 times a day, the only thing i guess I forgot to mention is I've been running the European FW in the hopes that would've solved my bberry BT problem but it didn't...though I must say now it makes me think it has a much more solid interface with the Ipod, the only though, before you guys decide to install it, it doesn't seem to work with MSN direct, I don't really care, 'cus it's crap anyway, i'd rather use my bberry's traffic info, much easier to understand and more informative than msn's, if you guys want to give it a shot despite the msn issue please do, now i'm almost positive the FW is what fixed the disconnect issue...

Update is coming today, sit tight guys.

Seeing as your the AVIC411 Admin, do you have specific contact with Pioneer? Just wondering how you found out that it's coming today. Not that I am saying I don't believe, you...I'm just so excited haha.

Anyone else confirm this? Guess I will call Pioneer here in a sec.

Hold tight..

Considering he has whole sections of this forum dedicated to a Pioneer event that he was invited to, I would say he has more than one contact at Pioneer. Why jam up the phone lines? It will be up when its up

Seeing as your the AVIC411 Admin, do you have specific contact with Pioneer? Just wondering how you found out that it's coming today. Not that I am saying I don't believe, you...I'm just so excited haha.

Anyone else confirm this? Guess I will call Pioneer here in a sec.

Hold tight..