AVIC411.com

New Update Soon

i called dealer support services (i'm a delaer :oops: ) the guy knows me already since i've been calling the guy for a while now...he said there's no specific release date, he had a unit on his bench loaded with the FW and he said it does boot faster (no comments on how fast) and the bluetooth issue is fixed, more specifically the blackberry issue :P he didn't want to comment about any other improvements, since some of them are still buggy and they were working on them...i pushed him to give me a ball park timeframe, he said "definetely before thanksgiving....and possibly next week by halloween..." so not sure if i'm just repeating what's been said before, but they're not allowed to give people too much info, since pioneer themselves are clearly scrambling to get this unit right in the first place.....hope it sheds a light...

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that would be great...

I ordered F700BT last night from ebay for $529 minus 10% off ebay coupon and 25% cash back form live.com, so total about $350 with shipping - cant go wrong :D

Cant wait till next friday to have install it!

Last night I went to BB and play a bit with this unit, and I have to say is slow in response and bootup, but I love the look and interface . I hope that new updates will fix all issues 8)

Where is the BBB complainer who had the inside tips for the update? Is it still today? Or did the Customer service manager revise it to sometime in the next 12 months or so?

Haha, gotta love the insanity that happened the beginning of this week everone practically pissing their pants. Namely me haha.

Owell what can you do, will it be today? next week or next month or hell next year?

It would be great to know. owell,

I'm right here! all the information I was given was from a customer service manager...Looks like he didnt know shit! So I'm in same boat..I'm waiting until it comes out!

that would be great...

I ordered F700BT last night from ebay for $529 minus 10% off ebay coupon and 25% cash back form live.com, so total about $350 with shipping - cant go wrong :D

Last night I went to BB and play a bit with this unit, and I have to say is slow in response and bootup, but I love the look and interface . I hope that new updates will fix all issues 8)

hey where did you find the 10% off ebay coupon? I am ready to purchase the same one (he had six yesterday hope he still has some left).

that would be great...

hey where did you find the 10% off ebay coupon? I am ready to purchase the same one (he had six yesterday hope he still has some left).

Ebay send an email wit the coupon, check your ebay account

try this one too - CFALLSAVINGS10P

that would be great...

Wow, that's a heck of a deal....it beats any pricing i can get as a dealer....that's not fair...hehe...i'm gonna start buying from ebay.... :D

Ok, not that it really matters cause it is a wait and see but, I gave a call to Pioneer today just to see what they are doing.

Issues address (or at least what he said the top issues were)

1) Boot up times. They are looking to decrease the boot up times of the unit. Based on suggestions and complaints received about it thus far.

2) iPod Touch 2.0 connectivity issues. They are currently working with a fix for it, but it is not ready yet. Which is why its not out yet. But, they are addressing the fact that it doesn't work currently.

3) Blackberry phone users. Disconnect or loss of connectivity via bluetooth. Another issue that has be brought to there attention and they are looking to fix it in this coming update.

That's as much as I cared about, really with exception to the blackberry phones cause I don't own one. But, the top two I know everyone wanted fixed.

I also mention to the guy that at least with me. My GPS can be WAY off on directions. It will get me close to a place but, when I mean close I mean like a town or so away. Or on the other side of the town it will put me. Like really off. So he said they do map or GPS software updates about every 6 to 9 months. As the data bases are updated by Tele-Atlas. As of now only some places work fine for me. But, if I go to the city (NYC) I can't trust this thing to get me were I need to be. If i go update I can't trust it. However, it got me to Canada (montreal) just fine. So go figure.

He said a few weeks. However that was said months ago if I remember correctly. I will check back with them in another week and see what's pop'in. Hopefully before the end of the damn year, I will have my iPod working like it should!!!!!!!!

I hope they plan on resolving ALL of the iPod connectivity issues and not just Touch 2.0. I can honestly say that I would be satisfied with them squashing just that one bug. Will it take someone smashing into a tree while they're reaching into their glovebox to reconnect their iPod? I guess only time will tell...

I think the ipod disconnecting is actually from a faulty cable design. I noticed mine usually disconnects when i hit bumps, and will also disconnect if i play with the dock connector. Could also be that my ipod is faulty, but i think i'm going to try the apple brand cable and see how that works.

The cable won't make a difference. I was one of the first batch of people to get an F series (F700) and couldn't get the iPod cable for it right away. I used the standard Apple USB cable and it still dropped it every time I started the unit up. It's definitely a software problem. If they get this fixed along with the bootup time, my Kenwood DNX 8120 will be going up on ebay.