AVIC411.com

iphone 3g, does it charge or not with F series?

Mine charges just fine, drove for well over 7 hours talking on the phone, pulling audio from the iPhone 3G and at some point my friend (in the passenger seat) was browsing youtube videos and showing them on the AVIC f700 screen... never had to charge it with a separate charger, just using the iPod splitter that Pioneer suggests to plug into the usb and audio/video ports. Phone was fully charged, never noticed it not charging before that trip either. I would say that it doesnt charge as fast as a regular power adapter charge, but I have not tested it officially to say that is true or not.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the AVIC will charge the iPhone 3G. However, it charges slower then a regular wall or car charger.

I verified this by running my iPhone all the way down to where it would no longer turn on, and then plugged it into the AVIC.

I too am using a non-Pioneer AV cable, and my iPhone 3G does not charge.

Though I ordered the Pioneer cable, it was out of stock, so I just grabbed the closest thing with I was picking up the mounting hardware. The cable worked for music, and looked like it was charging, so I kept it.

Sounds like I'll need to donate it to a good cause (but I'm not holding my breath for the $50 tax receipt).