AVIC411.com

FYI about update..read!!!

i was having trouble updating my f700..i followed the directions perfectly and it would start the file check on the update and say, file check error, and then list a file that couldn' be found..

after trying several sd cards and also having trouble extracting the files, i switched computers from mine which runs vista to my roomates which runs xp..i then just re-did everything exactly the same and the update downloaded and installed flawlessly..

i am not making any assumptions, that i believe is fact..i honestly have no idea why it made a difference..i am just stating exactly what happened in my case so if you are having issues and run vista, you may want to try another computer...

good luck!!

btw, my startup time has improved by almost 150% to full function... :) great for when you are at the gas station..

bbtw, when i was having issues i called pioneer to order a card only to have them tell me, the update was on back-order..lol..go to wal-mart and buy some sd cards!!!how can a file be on back order??? :roll:

I used vista and had no issues, of course I was using 7zip, not the built in zip utility.

The vista bashing really gets old after awhile especially when its by people who don't even use it. Did it suck when first released, yes, does it still suck? Not really. I am using Vista 64bit, and I have no issues. Of course I am a computer guy, have up to date drivers and Sp1 perhaps those who bash it don't?

First impressions stick, but its ironic were talking about Pioneers version of Vista with the f series. Does the f series still suck now? No, but how many people who bought it 4 months ago or even last month, and immediately returned it saying wtf is this? Its buggy and it sucks! Don't buy it!

Just my input. But yes windows 7 is going to be Microsoft's redemption and it is going to be an incredible release. What Vista should of been.

my brother and mom's laptops both run Vista pretty flawlessly.. i dont really like it myself.. i'm partial to XP due to the fact i've been using it so long and my computer wont run Vista.. but i still cant bash like i've seen some people do.. and i, myself can say that it doesnt suck...

winrar(www.rarlab.com) is the best file extractor IMO..

Is it still fashionable and hip to rip on Vista and praise XP?

Anyway, at this point in time Vista is a much better OS than XP, plain and simple. I've run both updates on my F90 from a vista computer without issue. Also have done all my flash disk hacking and F90 software emulating on a Vista computer. Maybe you just don't know what you're doing.