AVIC411.com

How To: Quick Lauch Buttons and other mods....

lava10t2

keeper, awesome work, any luck on the show/hide button?

Not to confuse you guys even more but lava10t2 has been asking for a hidden button and I like the idea of that so here is another option. As you can see in the image below there is a dotted box to press to bring up the quick nav. You could even change the alpha of the image so you don't see anything. I tried both but like it this way better.

not really sure how to post this stuff. I guess I will try a step by step. Only do this if you have backed up your files and are comfortable working with .ui files.

open navigatemap_800_480.ui ina text editor.

search for

;quick menu

and paste this code directly above it

;quick nav launch

search for

;Stop Nav Button

and replace with

;Stop Nav Button

Add the .bmp that is attached to data.zip/ui_pioneer/800_480 although you can use any image you want.

If you are using the compass or some other button as your stop navigation you will have to add this code to the onrelease action of the button as seen below and skip step 3. comma+space+code

onrelease='existing action, btnQuick_launch.SHOW, ui_QuickNav.HIDE'

post-22402-12872756161672_thumb.jpg

post-22402-12872756163435_thumb.jpg

icon_bg1_ghost.zip

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright now I am having some trouble getting it working on the avic. Everything works fine untill I hit the map button then the unit just keeps rebooting. I noticed there were other files besides the data.zip do I need to do anything with those. I just copied your data.zip file to my sd card then replaced the data.zip file on the avic with yours, is this the right way to do it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Alright now I am having some trouble getting it working on the avic. Everything works fine untill I hit the map button then the unit just keeps rebooting. I noticed there were other files besides the data.zip do I need to do anything with those. I just copied your data.zip file to my sd card then replaced the data.zip file on the avic with yours, is this the right way to do it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

yea you need all the files... copy them all to the same DIR!

WaveyKat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:16 pm Post subject:

sweet kev!!! can you post uo this latest data.zip file wiht te quick launch please Smile

I would rather people make their own changes from here on out because there are so many options.

Five icons, ten icons, hidden button, not hidden, button order, and which buttons to use.

I would rather people make their own changes from here on out because there are so many options.

Five icons, ten icons, hidden button, not hidden, button order, and which buttons to use.

That's fine keeper, just make sure you have commented in your ui file where everything is so I can find it. :D

WaveyKat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:09 am Post subject:

am also kool with trying to mod the Data.zip myself just wanted to know if i should unzip icon_bg1_ghost.zip and place it into the 800_480 folder ?

Yes you are correect the only reason I put it in a zip is because you can't upload .bmp's on this site.

Your download doesnt seem to work any more.

Is it possible to just edit my navgate file to add the hide button and quick launch buttons? I have boris mods that i dont want to part with.

If so do i need to disable full cockpit view? I'm not even sure why i have that enabled anyway. I wish it would only pop up when in route.

I also like how you cleaned up your blue boxes. They are annoying to look at being uneven and overlapping.

I don't think his changes will affect anything that I've put in my hacks, so edit away.

Calling up phone contacts... I think it is technically possible -- Pioneer had NanNGo put hooks to send system messages to the shell into iGO executable. But somebody needs to figure out what message to send -- phonebook is not part of the navigation software, so it can not be called as a normal iGO script state...