AVIC411.com

Maverickster's Mods - UPDATED 12/9/08

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

will this work with an f700bt? or is it f900 only? Can the data files be loaded back and forth? The firmware update files are the same, so I would think so. Could ya let me know before I go screwing up my f700. :D

It should, but I'm not guarantying anything. I'm not even guarantying that it will work with an F900 even though it works with mine.

Thanks, but the newest download doesn't seem to be working on my f700bt.

I haven't had time yet to take a look and see what could be causing it to hang (Please wait...then reboots)

Checksum of downloaded file:

$ md5sum DATA.ZIP
716cd85be9719cf20983f2eca4c534e3  DATA.ZIP

Yeah, I made a mistake in the coding of the find address button. I fixed it. It should work fine now.

Hey, first I want to thank Mav for the help getting my GPS button to work (thanks for the sprites man, that solved the problem).

Now I have a question to anyone that can answer me:

I am using linear compass with this code:

;compass

Can I put the detour function on this?

Thanks guys and gals!

Curious timing. I just answered that for another guy in Keeper's thread. I haven't tried it, but this should work:

;compass 

As I told the other guy, this might be overkill (i.e. you might just need to add the alternative sprite to the first one), but this should do it from a belts and suspenders perspective.

I'm trying to do the linear compass. Where do I input this code?

thanks

Use it to replace (or, better yet, comment out so you can go back easily if it doesn't work) the existing compass code (in the first layer, near the top of the navigatemap_800_480.ui file). I do not use a linear compass, so I DID NOT TEST THIS CODE.

--Mav

I know everyone is sick of noobs asking questions but I've looked around and I can't find help. Can anyone give some simple setps on how to apply these great mods? I understand how to copy the code onto Data and how to get into testmode but I'm totally confused beyond that. Thanks for your help.

jneilon has confirmed that the following should work if you would like to use the linear compass instead of the standard dial compass. Again, I HAVE NOT TESTED THIS AND CANNOT VOUCH FOR IT.

;compass 

Just tried it and did not work....

All I did is replace the Compass code from the file with this code. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

jneilon has confirmed that the following should work if you would like to use the linear compass instead of the standard dial compass. Again, I HAVE NOT TESTED THIS AND CANNOT VOUCH FOR IT.

;compass 

Just tried it and did not work....

All I did is replace the Compass code from the file with this code. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

You probably need the referenced bmps from Keeper's data.zip file...if you don't have those, I'd suspect it won't work. Again, I don't use the linear compass, so I can't tell you whether it works or not.

--Mav