AVIC411.com

Maverickster's Mods - UPDATED 12/9/08

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I just tested it again and I'm not having any of those issues. In fact, once it's completely booted up and the phone is connected, the buttons are remarkably quick. The only thing I can think of that could be different between you and me is the upload, so I re-uploaded the data.zip in case it got corrupted in any (unknown) way the first time. The new one is there (i.e. linked to in the first post) now, so you can download it and give it a shot if you'd like.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Thanks again Maverickster. And thank you for the quick reply. I did re-do the parking brake mod (keeps the girlfriend entertained on long trips), but it does not work now. The buttons are very laggy. when I replaed the DATA.zip with the original from the 2.0 update, they went back to being usable. I wonder what is causing this? Also, I will keep working on the sound buttons not working properl;y. I am attempting to add speedcam functionality to your updates and am combining two DATA.ZIP files. I'm applying your mods individually so that they don't conflict with the others....

Anyway, I would love to change/swap the position of the 2d/3d button and the POI/End Nav button as I will use the end nav button and POI much more often. This is covered up when I use my iPod and the cover art is on top so I cannot "click" the POI/End Nav button when listening to music and navigating. How would you suggest I do this? is there a way to just raise the "Z axes" so that it is clickable when the album art is up?

BTW, the way you have it set up is the way Pioneer should have had this in the first place - this is SOOO much more user friendly. Great job. Thanks in advance!

As for switching around the poi/end nav button and the 2d/3d button, just swap their Y axis coordinates. Y is the distance from the top. X is the distance from the left. Z is the distance forward and back (higher number brings it further forward; I solved the 2d/3d button issue by bringing that button "forward" to 3001).

Good luck!

--Mav

thanks boris you did a great job, I have used your speedo and house number mod, however when I click the route display on an active route I get this error box

FFUIERROR

Identifiter = unknown object

[sc_MSC_showTTD]

script"[unnamed]" command 0

so I click the X to close the box and after that I click the route display again and It would show the route screen.

Do you know what happen here?

thank you

I am using the stock data.zip and added the script and files you posted on page 1

added on are

1. Clock/Street Number Info - Increased its size. Also, pressing the clock displays the street numbers adjacent to your current GPS location. Pressing the street numbers makes them go away.

and

6. Speedo/Altimeter/Route Info - The map scale has been removed completely (what a PITA), and the function of the route info box (bottom left) has been changed. When no route is selected, the Route Info box is gone and in its stead is a simple altimeter (showing altitude in feet, not miles) and speedometer (and when a speed limit information is detected, that's also displayed). When a route is selected, a modified and much more legible version of the Route Info box appears.

everything seems to work fine and actually perfect but when I click on the route info just get a error and goes away. haha sounds weird

thanks boris you did a great job, I have used your speedo and house number mod, however when I click the route display on an active route I get this error box

FFUIERROR

Identifiter = unknown object

[sc_MSC_showTTD]

script"[unnamed]" command 0

so I click the X to close the box and after that I click the route display again and It would show the route screen.

Do you know what happen here?

thank you

I know what happened. When I originally did this I took the code for the route info box from Vorian's data.zip which had a toggle feature. I couldn't get the toggle feature to work (I would get the same error you're getting), so I disabled it in a subsequent update to the data.zip. Unfortunately, I neglected to also update the corresponding code on the first page.

This has now been corrected.

You can "fix" it by either (a) replacing your current data.zip with the data.zip linked to in the first post, or (B) replacing the code in the navigatemap_800_480.ui file with the [now correct] code in the "Speedo/Altimeter/Route Info Mod" post on the first page.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Minor oversight.

--Mav

Hello Mav, great work bye the way. I applied some of your mods but I am having some issues. I am getting a FFUI error when touching the route info box. Also the compass direction indicator is doubled. Please point me to the right code line to fix these issues. Also, I went back to the route info box code on the first page of this thread to see if it had been updated and apparently there is no replacement code, just the original code. Please let me know if im missing something, thanks.

Hello Mav, great work bye the way. I applied some of your mods but I am having some issues. I am getting a FFUI error when touching the route info box. Also the compass direction indicator is doubled. Please point me to the right code line to fix these issues. Also, I went back to the route info box code on the first page of this thread to see if it had been updated and apparently there is no replacement code, just the original code. Please let me know if im missing something, thanks.

Re the ffui error, the data.zip and the code on the first page have both been updated. The update is quite subtle so you might not have noticed it. Just copy and paste over the old code and it should go away.

As for the compass direction indicator being doubled, sounds to me like you didn't replace the WHOLE compass code with my code and that the following line appears twice in your file:

To fix, just comment out the one you don't want. I just now edited the instruction post to make this more clear.

Thanks!

--Mav

Bingo, worked like a charm. There are a couple of other features I wanted to run by you however. I am located on the coast of MS and there is not much elevation around here so I would like to replace that feature with a simple numerical zoom indicator in the same location with the same font if possible. Also, as indicated by the pic below, the size of the current speed font over laps the visual safety cam indicator. If possible I would like to reduce the size of the speed indicator and eliminate the addition of the posted speed limit for the currently traveled road. I realize this is asking allot and if it is to much to ask then I will be happy with what I have, thank you for the awesome work.

post-2925-12872756424516_thumb.jpg

Bingo, worked like a charm. There are a couple of other features I wanted to run by you however. I am located on the coast of MS and there is not much elevation around here so I would like to replace that feature with a simple numerical zoom indicator in the same location with the same font if possible. Also, as indicated by the pic below, the size of the current speed font over laps the visual safety cam indicator. If possible I would like to reduce the size of the speed indicator and eliminate the addition of the posted speed limit for the currently traveled road. I realize this is asking allot and if it is to much to ask then I will be happy with what I have, thank you for the awesome work.

Dude, you're gonna have to post smaller pictures.

Re replacing the elevation indicator with a "simple numerical zoom indicator" is a bigger deal than you think. If you can find somewhere where someone has successfully made one of those, I'd be happy to take a look at their code and see what I can do; but, I'm not really personally interested in it, so I'm not gonna dig through the code to find if there's there appropriate text somewhere and, if so, what it is. Sorry bro.

Re getting rid the posted speed limit bit and shrinking the size of the current speed, that's pretty simple. Find the code immediately under this: ";current speed (and speed limit where present) and altitude when not navigating". Here's how that code works.

The first one is the altitude indicator.

The second one is the full text of the current speed set to display only when no route is available and no current speed limit is available.

The third one is the number of the current speed set to display only when no route is available and a current speed limit is available.

The fourth one is the "/" set to display only when no route is available and a current speed limit is available.

The fifth one is the full text of the current speed limit set to display only when no route is available and a current speed limit is available.

The sixth one (which is currently commented out -- i.e. there's a ; in front of it so the software ignores it) is the full text of the current speed set to display only when no route is available.

So, if you want to get rid of the function where it swaps between current speed and current speed/speed limit, then just comment out the second, third, fourth, and fifth one. If you want it to show just the current speed, then uncomment the sixth one. If you want to get rid of altitude, comment out the first one.

If you want to adjust the font size, adjust the font size.

Make sense?

--Mav

Hey Mav,

Finally I finished my mod to the style that I like. Thank you for your help and for the rest of the great members who did all the programming. Attached are few pictures of my mod. They are basically just part of your mods. I decided to keep the zoom scale but did switch it position with the route info box.

I made the clock in black color. Gray is still hard to read under the Sun. Font size is a bit smaller than yours. I use different icon for the POI search.

3101764418_5214222199.jpg

Different stop routing button.

3100927559_2131310e04.jpg

New zoom scale location.

3100927641_cfcd657072.jpg