AVIC411.com

HOW TO REINSTALL UPDATE (re-done step by step)

Thanks!

I actually took all of the mounting hardware off the suction cup mount so I'm still using the quick release dock, all I have to do is press the button on top of the mount and the GPS comes right out just like it always did.

I have the GPS fixed now, however I'm fighting alternator noise now. I hooked up two cheap 12v noise filters from pep boys in line one after the other and it reduced it, also running a ground loop isolator on the pre-out cable, but I can still hear it especially when the engine rpm's are up above idle. Starting to drive me nuts. Other than that I like it a lot.

I think part of the problem with alt noise on the G8 is that the battery is in the trunk, so the alternator wire runs clear from the front to the back of the car like a giant alternator whine antenna.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

How do you get into a unit that has had it's flash disc erased?

I was in the process of re-installing my backup when I lost the power right after I deleted the "My Flash Disk"" AVIC and now I cant get back in to put it back.

Is there a setup mode or something?

I have been reading the copy of the repair manual but it is kinda useless without the "stuff" pioneer uses. When I go to boot up in testmode it just about gets to the point where it will stop the initial "copy" process and then display the green rectangular box but it just goes blank.

Now what??

Thanx,

Bud

UPDATE:

Turns out after i tried uploading the file. (keep in mind: each time took 6+ hours) it kept saying it uploaded but it would never show up. sent several emails to n681ma what problems i was having only for him to call them and they admitted that although it says upload up to 5gb you can only do 1gb per file. iGo zip is 1.54gb. :/ I have been trying numerous times and so many differnt ways but we just cant find one that works.

You should just use a Dropbox basic account. It is free and allows up to 2 GB of storage. I have shared 1.8 GB files before with no problem... http://www.getdropbox.com/

Use the public URL option after you have it installed to share out files.

• 1 month later...
Hey,

Great post! Before I found this post I pretty much did this entire process without backing up the IGO file mentioned in step 1. Now my unit starts up and gets stuck on the splash screen BUT after a few seconds I can click the menu button and it will go to the menu (however, there is absolultely no sound or feedback and I can't access any other menu's other than the system settings menu). If I click the map button, the navi warning pops up and the system freezes...I've tried reinstalling over and over and the update runs fine but I don't have that original IGO file.

Do you have any ideas or suggestions how to get over this little hump?...I don't want to ship my unit back to pioneer :(

I figured this one out last night(it was driving me nuts) the reinstall does not copy back the DATA folder (which contains those sound files) back to your flash disk...if you have a backup though you can simply copy it back onto your FXXX and it should work.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Things you need:

2gb SD card

Laptop/PC

Steps:

1.)copy the Igo folder on your actual Avic unit MyFlash/APL2

2.)Move this folder onto you computer. (You will need the space 1.56gb is the size of Igo Folder)

3.)Put the testmode and Metacap folders on SD

4.)Also put the LPUE080

5.)Put the card with the above files in your Avic and start it up.

6.)Go back to the My flash Drive and (DELETE ALL FILES)even after selecting all and deleting,two popped up on me but i went back re-selected these and deleted them

7.)navigate back to the Storage Card

8.)Open the LPUE080 folder

9.)go to LPUE080/APL/find the application that say "UPDATE"

10.)double click or hit run

11.)goes through the regular update process(takes like 10 mins)

12.)Unit restarts and is still in testmode

13.)Remove SD (but make sure your car is still running and in testmode)

14.)Put SD card in computer and delete ALL FILES

15.)now copy back the Igo file which you moved to your computer in step 1

16.)now put your sd card in your avic(which is still running and in testmode)

17.)go to storage card

18.)select the Igo file and cut it

19.) No go back and open My Flash/APL2 and select the old iGo file and delete it.

20.)Now copy and paste the iGo file which you cut from your storage card and paste it in the APL2 folder

21.)Close out of windows and shut off car

22.)remove SD

23.)start back up and finish the TTS part of the upgrade.

!!!!!!!!!YOU'RE DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also this made my TTS come back even after it dissapeared from options. :roll::D

Another user has a bunch of files uploaded on the folling link: http://66.59.250.9:8000/

username: avic

password: leave blank

Keep in mind the back up file took 15 hours to download from the site.

This login does not work what now?

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've tried to do this update twice already. I deleted everything and initiated the update. But when it gets to the screen it freezes with an error. The screen says "Copying error: \storage card\LPUE080\DATA\SplashPic\Curves_Light Blue.bmp".

My system has been constantly rebooting itself for months and I've been trying to fix it. I was hoping this would help but now I get this error message. I'm very close to throwing this head unit in the trash. :evil:

• 2 years later...

thank you FXMAN. this worked for me, although i got the testmode and LU files elsewhere. i was nervous about deleting files from system but it worked out for me. i also plugged in a USB drive to the USB cable that is in the run for the iPod control and backed up my whole flash disk before deleting.

FYI, i have since found instructions on ebay with software etc for less than $20. If i had known about this on ebay i might not have tried FXMAN suggestions. If you are "scared" by the process listed then try one of the ebay options and let the rest of us know.