AVIC411.com

F-Series 3.0 update coming? Wondering what's in it...

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3.0 is not out yet. You can preorder it if you call pioneer sales directly. I just ordered mine this afternoon. they ripped me off for $65 shipped. They told me it would be released late july of beginning of august. Check the other thread about 3.0 being released and this is all covered in there.

Fixed :twisted::twisted::twisted:

^^^Right

Im so sick of people bitching and complaining and for some reason thinking they are entitiled to get everything for free. You are paying for a map update and the license. You have to pay for a map update for any GPS system you buy. Stop bitching and deal with it. Its the way the world works. I too wish that everything in life was free and i didnt have to work a day for anything and everything was just handed to me as well. But its not going to happen because thats life. So stop whining and realize that youre not special and not gods gift to the earth and if you want something you need to pay for it. If you dont feel you should pay for it dont buy it and shut the hell up. Im sorry but im so sick of listening to everyone whine and complain. In the end you get nothing out of it. Grow up.

^^^Right

Im so sick of people bitching and complaining and for some reason thinking they are entitiled to get everything for free. You are paying for a map update and the license. You have to pay for a map update for any GPS system you buy. Stop bitching and deal with it. Its the way the world works. I too wish that everything in life was free and i didnt have to work a day for anything and everything was just handed to me as well. But its not going to happen because thats life. So stop whining and realize that youre not special and not gods gift to the earth and if you want something you need to pay for it. If you dont feel you should pay for it dont buy it and shut the hell up. Im sorry but im so sick of listening to everyone whine and complain. In the end you get nothing out of it. Grow up.

haha well put. I feel the same way. Although I saw somewhere a mention that the firmware 3.0 upgrade will be free but you will have to pay for maps. Maps are never free no matter what device they are on but $60 to get the new F/W and maps is a kickass deal :twisted:

I dont WANT new maps and iGo 8.3. I could care less about it. I am bitching about having to pay 60 bucks to *maybe* fix a terrible unit!

Thats not bitching and moaning, thats expecting decent customer service. Not even decent... decent would have been to fix it long ago.

Paying 5 bucks for this fix is a rip off.

I dont WANT new maps and iGo 8.3. I could care less about it. I am bitching about having to pay 60 bucks to *maybe* fix a terrible unit!

Thats not bitching and moaning, thats expecting decent customer service. Not even decent... decent would have been to fix it long ago.

Since you don't need navigation, just sell it on eBay and buy a CD changer with iPod control. I'm sure there are tons of them on the market...

Since you don't need navigation, just sell it on eBay and buy a CD changer with iPod control. I'm sure there are tons of them on the market...

^^^perfect

He never said he doesnt want a NAV guys, he said he doesnt want new maps. AKA he shouldnt have to pay for new maps if he just wants a firmware update.

I too dont want new maps because the maps on the 2.0 avic that i bought are enough and i've never run into any trouble or maps that would need updating.

I DO however want firmware that might fix some bugs that have been mentioned.

The fact that pioneer forces us to buy the new maps for 60 in order to get the "free" firmware is not fair considering firmware glitches being fixed is their responsibility and should be free.

By requiring the map updates with the firmware updates they're basically making the people like us who dont care about the map update to pay anyway.

They should just have a free update for the firmware, and a 60$/130$(whatever the price is) for those who want a map.

Its very simple.

^^^Right

+Over 9,000

Except that the new firmware doesn't support the old maps, and the new maps aren't supported by the current firmware. Therefore the map and firmware update MUST go hand in hand. Why is this so difficult to understand?

Because they could offer the firmware without igo8.3 and maps and now the firmware is compatible with igo 8.0 and the old maps. I see what people want. They want the glitches fixed for free and they shoulod get it free. Some if not all of the probs associated with the f-series are not caused by the igo software so why does pioneer feel they have to bundle a firmware update with a new igo version that is not compatible with the old maps and just leave it out. Then you would have a firmware update that did not require you to buy it because there would be no map and new software licensing fees. Firmware update that fixes probs and does not include igo 8.3 and/or maps and voila free firmware update.Why is this so hard to understand? :mrgreen:

Except that the new firmware doesn't support the old maps, and the new maps aren't supported by the current firmware. Therefore the map and firmware update MUST go hand in hand. Why is this so difficult to understand?

Because they could offer the firmware without igo8.3 and maps and now the firmware is compatible with igo 8.0 and the old maps. I see what people want. They want the glitches fixed for free and they shoulod get it free. Some if not all of the probs associated with the f-series are not caused by the igo software so why does pioneer feel they have to bundle a firmware update with a new igo version that is not compatible with the old maps and just leave it out. Then you would have a firmware update that did not require you to buy it because there would be no map and new software licensing fees. Firmware update that fixes probs and does not include igo 8.3 and/or maps and voila free firmware update.Why is this so hard to understand? :mrgreen:

From what i have read in other threads here, THEY ARE GOING TO RELIEASE A FREE FIRMWARE UPDATE TO FIX THE ISSUES, but it wont look like the 3.0 one, it will look the same as we have now, just with bug fixes, if thats what all you want, then yes from what i have read that WILL BE FREE, its the 3.0 update w/ the maps that you will pay for w/ firmware updates that allow iGo 8.3 to work right in our units

From what i have read in other threads here, THEY ARE GOING TO RELIEASE A FREE FIRMWARE UPDATE TO FIX THE ISSUES, but it wont look like the 3.0 one, it will look the same as we have now, just with bug fixes, if thats what all you want, then yes from what i have read that WILL BE FREE, its the 3.0 update w/ the maps that you will pay for w/ firmware updates that allow iGo 8.3 to work right in our units

I doubt a free Firmware update will enhance the performance the same way as the Map/Firmware update they are charging us for.

One central point is the update to IGO8.3 which is meant to be much sleeker and the main reason for the increased performance.

So from a free update I expect only minor bug fixes. Not fair to us Beta Testers, but that's how they will play it. It is up to us to decide if we will buy Pioneer Products again.

See you

Jörg

^^^Right

I don't give a shit about the Maps.

I just want the system firmware, and that should be FREE. Especially for a Head Unit that retailed for $850.