AVIC411.com

IDT v4.2 on p46, last for 2.0

IDT's file doesn't have the software hack applied. I think your connection came loose. It would be on the wire you moved and not on the brake wire itself. FWIW, I have the software hack applied to my data.zip AND the hardware hack applied with no ill effects.

You could just go in and modify his pioneer.ini under the project_config folder to see if that fixes your problem. I used:

[pioneer]

parking_break_speed=255.0

hide_logos=1

Yep that fixed it, thanks man.

I will check the hardware mod next time I have it taken apart.

WOW the speed camera warnings/alerts are a lot more noticeable on this mod. No more barking dogs :)

I did have the speed camera warning get stuck on today while I was driving. I had to go and turn warnings off to get it to go away on the display and get my sound back. I chalk it up to an AVIC glitch but wanted to mention in just in case.

Question; We don't use speed cameras where I live so I set a few along my way to work just to test it out and for fun. So how can I remove them? I cannot select them as they fly by while I am driving and each time I press the screen it just puts up that red circle anyway.

Can we have;

A) The house number on by default. At least i don't believe they appear until you tap the screen. Now I cannot remember :)

B) Make the house numbers appear to the right and left of the guidance arrow like I have seen in other mods? Or just change the color so it does not get lost in the map would be cool :)

P.S. What is the speed limit mod? Is this different than the HU telling me I am over the limit on main highways?

Of all the mods I have tried I like this one the best, thanks IDT and the rest. If we incorporate all the files etc.. this will probably be the best mod to just apply to get all the best features!!! Lets put in all the cool stuff!

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IDT's file doesn't have the software hack applied. I think your connection came loose. It would be on the wire you moved and not on the brake wire itself. FWIW, I have the software hack applied to my data.zip AND the hardware hack applied with no ill effects.

You could just go in and modify his pioneer.ini under the project_config folder to see if that fixes your problem. I used:

[pioneer]

parking_break_speed=255.0

hide_logos=1

Yep that fixed it, thanks man.

I will check the hardware mod next time I have it taken apart.

WOW the speed camera warnings/alerts are a lot more noticeable on this mod. No more barking dogs :)

I did have the speed camera warning get stuck on today while I was driving. I had to go and turn warnings off to get it to go away on the display and get my sound back. I chalk it up to an AVIC glitch but wanted to mention in just in case.

Question; We don't use speed cameras where I live so I set a few along my way to work just to test it out and for fun. So how can I remove them? I cannot select them as they fly by while I am driving and each time I press the screen it just puts up that red circle anyway.

Can we have;

A) The house number on by default. At least i don't believe they appear until you tap the screen. Now I cannot remember :)

B) Make the house numbers appear to the right and left of the guidance arrow like I have seen in other mods? Or just change the color so it does not get lost in the map would be cool :)

P.S. What is the speed limit mod? Is this different than the HU telling me I am over the limit on main highways?

Of all the mods I have tried I like this one the best, thanks IDT and the rest. If we incorporate all the files etc.. this will probably be the best mod to just apply to get all the best features!!! Lets put in all the cool stuff!

to remove your test speed camera, click the camera on the nav screen, hit route confirmation button , then click save as and then delete,

for a) by default the housenumbers only show up when you click the current streetname, if you want it to be on by default you could try this, search for this line in your navigatemap_800_480.ui

;house numbers display 

and change this to

;house numbers display 

for B) could you clarify this for me

and for the last question speed limit mod shows you the current speed limit on the road where you currrently are

Unfortunately, I'm in the same boat as Paladin, when I use new the DATA.ZIP file I get re-boots, all I have to do is put the earlier IDT DATA.ZIP file back in and it works (obviously with the old format and function). I'm trying to track the "missing" BMP discussion, but I checked IDT's DATA file and there was a Speed.bmp in the 800_480 folder and a YOUR_SPEED.BMP in the Common folder. I didn't see an ELEVATION.BMP in either folder, however when I looked in the earlier DATA.ZIP I didn't see it in there either....

did you add the font file included in the zip?

Yes I had included the font file DS-DIGI.TTF - and it seemed to be incremental (not a replacement) I left it in after I reverted back to original DATA.zip to get rid of reboots. After I posted I went back through the thread and realized your DATA.zip didn't address the Parking Break Complaint Dialogue so ignore that comment I could edit once you figure out the reboots- but I thought in a later post you said that was caused by color scheme changes?

The best mod before yours was the one by DPDURST and I really like the house numbers like he had it.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=23078&hilit=dpdurst

(look at his Second Data.zip pictures a bit down in the post.)

You could toggle them on/off by pressing that little house icon as well.

I am just unsure what code to add/replace from his to add it.

Where is the code for the Speed Limit mod? That may be cool to have :)

I just like stuff like this on the screen, it is geeky :)

The best mod before yours was the one by DPDURST and I really like the house numbers like he had it.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=23078&hilit=dpdurst

(look at his Second Data.zip pictures a bit down in the post.)

You could toggle them on/off by pressing that little house icon as well.

I am just unsure what code to add/replace from his to add it.

Where is the code for the Speed Limit mod? That may be cool to have :)

I just like stuff like this on the screen, it is geeky :)

i actually had that in the first mod, however, when route is active it gets covered by the modded route info box that's why i placed it on the side,

Unfortunately, I'm in the same boat as Paladin, when I use new the DATA.ZIP file I get re-boots, all I have to do is put the earlier IDT DATA.ZIP file back in and it works (obviously with the old format and function). I'm trying to track the "missing" BMP discussion, but I checked IDT's DATA file and there was a Speed.bmp in the 800_480 folder and a YOUR_SPEED.BMP in the Common folder. I didn't see an ELEVATION.BMP in either folder, however when I looked in the earlier DATA.ZIP I didn't see it in there either....

did you add the font file included in the zip?

Yes I had included the font file DS-DIGI.TTF - and it seemed to be incremental (not a replacement) I left it in after I reverted back to original DATA.zip to get rid of reboots. After I posted I went back through the thread and realized your DATA.zip didn't address the Parking Break Complaint Dialogue so ignore that comment I could edit once you figure out the reboots- but I thought in a later post you said that was caused by color scheme changes?

couple of questions?

1)so you are using a software hack? if yes, that may be the problem as i'm using the hardware hack,

2)what scheme are you using when the unit reboots? if your unit crashes when using a modded night scheme then that would be the problem,

3)were you able to get past the start up screen or not?

Hey.. Your mod looks great have you heard any uses from guys in the US using this (the speedcams in your mod are all UK based correct?) I had tried a mod early and it rebooted when I went over 80mph just wanted to be sure I hate the stock stuff.. Any help would be great.

mine is US based

Hey thanks.. Where do I get the speedcam file from? I want to make sure I have the right one.

look at the first post in this link http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... eedcam+txt

Great got it and everything installed.. does this speedcam include redlight camera's there arent' (that I know of) and speedcam's in California but there are plently of red light cameras. again thanks for your help..

I have uploaded a BETA version of my file. It is similar in appearance to my last version, but adds a redone compass plus all the GTIMatt speedcam updates with selectable MPH or KPH voices. It also has IDT's new speedcam info box and icon.

It has the nightguidance files and the parking brake mod to avoid issues some may have.

Feel free to test it and let me know what bugs remain.

ftp://avic:avic-411@buckeyecollision.us/cmh928 it is the one labeled BETA!. just rename it to data.zip.

Great got it and everything installed.. does this speedcam include redlight camera's there arent' (that I know of) and speedcam's in California but there are plently of red light cameras. again thanks for your help..

according to Boris it includes both speedcam and redlights and should replace any files you have in there already.

I just refreshed the Beta version with a few tweaks. If you already DLed it, you may want to again. I only changed the "GoHome" icon script and moved/resized stuff.

Be sure to go into your settings menu under visual, route and warnings to set everything initially.

All the speedcamera types are in the voice files included inside the data.zip. What is displayed depends on whatever speedcam.txt file you have dropped in your APL2\iGo\CONTENT\speedcam\ folder.