AVIC411.com

F900BT reboots over and over - Very weird - HELP!!

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to all who figured this out and clearly conveyed how to fix this issue. Ten minutes after hitting this forum, my F900bt was fixed...two days before heading out for a 9 day road trip / photoshoot through Montana and North Dakota.

Funny how Pioneer addressed this issue. They requested that I send the unit in for repair and also suggested the new 3.0 firmware update (at a cost of 60 bucks, of course) may provide a fix.

I'll be donating a good portion of that 60 bucks to this site.

Thanks again, all. You restored (partially) my faith in the interwebs.

• 4 weeks later...

hey all, just wanted to say thanks for the fix... earlier today my unit started the infinite reboot... it would startup in safe mode only after that... after checking out this thread, and deleting those 4 gps files, everything works like a champ again... hopefully it was just a random occurance... i have had my unit (Avic-F90BT) for maybe 5 months, with the hardware bypass, and IDT's mods on it... i did also upgrade it to 3.01 maybe 3 weeks ago... but i hadnt changed anything in over a week when it started doing the reboot thing... so i dont know why it would start, but again, hopefully its just a random thing... thanks again to all who figured this out...

• 3 weeks later...

1) Past issues (reboots, freezing) -- None

2) Have you (or professional) upgraded your Avic to the latest update -- 3.01 Myself

3) Did the issue start before or after the update, if applicable? -- weeks after the update

4) Did the issue start after a hack, a mod or a bypass? -- nope, stable for weeks

5) How long have you had the hacks, mods or bypass? -- weeks

6) How long has the unit worked without a problem? -- weeks

So sounds like my issue is the GPS system files reading this forumn. I was driving one day and noticed that my GPS could no longer keep on course with the map. I thought I was tree coverage or something. Well, the next time I started my car, the Navi entered a constant reboot after ~20s. Weird thing is, if I enter in the WINCE menu to format, I only have about 20s before the Navi shuts down completely. If I don't enter this menu, the splash screen is on for ~ 20s and then it restarts.

I can't even enter testmode, tried while driving around for 20 mins or so. So my question is, since this issue seems to be a GPS glitch, is there a way to manually disable the GPS? Has anyone ever tried to remove the GPS antenna before start up? Thanks for any tips to get into WINCE or testmode so I can correc this issue.

~Bonesy

I was originally on 2.0, which got hit with the reboot bug. I wiped, updated to the hacked 3.0, and was working great again. About two months later, it's rebooting again. I haven't tried the fix yet, but I wanted to sharethe circumstances under which this occurred.

In both cases, the GPS routing was ACTIVE. I had an active route/path and the GPS was giving directions. In the 2.0 reboot case, the GPS started acting erratically, it would show the car somewhere on the map where it clearly wasn't (such as driving on the water). Then it rebooted, and the reboot bug began.

With the 3.0 reboot case, while driving along it just died and reboot and it started all over again. I wasn't doing anything except listening to music, and I didn't even touch the unit. It just rebooted and started all over again. I can't really tell what is triggering this issue, but it doesn't seem limited to the 2.0 firmware. Indeed, it sounds like it might be a fatal flaw in the software that's writing these corrupt files.

• 2 weeks later...

is there a way to manually disable the GPS? Has anyone ever tried to remove the GPS antenna before start up? Thanks for any tips to get into WINCE or testmode so I can correc this issue.

~Bonesy

Yes, disconnect the GPS antenna from the back of the unit. I did this to stop my unit from rebooting so I could listen to music. Unfortunately I still have not found a solution to the reboot problem. I have tried everything in this thread short of updating to 3.0 as I'm not willing to pay for an update. I've now removed the unit from my car and I'm waiting for Pioneer to get back to me on how I should return it to them for repair or replacement.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem as vegaslaptop where my f90bt started rebooting one fine day (10/1/2009) all by itself. It will stay on for a few minutes and play any audio source but the GPS screens would not work (System startup in progress please wait message) and going into Map would freeze the unit, though audio would play until it rebooted 3-4 minutes later.

The system never had an issue prior to the install of the legit pioneer v3.0 code and new maps.

I booted into testmode 2.3 and deleted the gpspar0,1,2,3 files as suggested by vegaslaptop. It did not fix the problem for me. I repeated it several times and deleted the files in different order and did not make a difference.

Extending vegaslaptop logic that there must be some state data that is corrupt that was being read over and over, I looked for files with the date stamp of when my unit first started rebooting (10/1). lo and behold found a bunch in the iGo folder located here:

My device\My flashdisk\user\userdata\iGo\save

The assumption was these files must be bad because if the system was getting initialized properly, then they would be overwritten with today's date.

First I copied the save folder above to a usb stick and then deleted the following files which all had a date of 10/1/2009 when my unit first started rebooting.

Lang_key

msnd

msnd1

permanent_v1

settings_lowlevel_v1

settings_v2

system

Then I deleted the gpspar0.bin, 1, 2, 3 again from the root of my flashdisk just for good measure. Rebooted the system and voila! no more reboots!

Hope this trick works for those like me that the original gpspar file deletion didn't.

Thank you vegaslaptop for starting me down the right track!

• 1 month later...

I followed the instructions outlined in smovva post and that corrected my problem. I attempted deleting the gpsparX files first with no success. Thanks for the write-up.

I had the same problem as vegaslaptop where my f90bt started rebooting one fine day (10/1/2009) all by itself. It will stay on for a few minutes and play any audio source but the GPS screens would not work (System startup in progress please wait message) and going into Map would freeze the unit, though audio would play until it rebooted 3-4 minutes later.

The system never had an issue prior to the install of the legit pioneer v3.0 code and new maps.

I booted into testmode 2.3 and deleted the gpspar0,1,2,3 files as suggested by vegaslaptop. It did not fix the problem for me. I repeated it several times and deleted the files in different order and did not make a difference.

Extending vegaslaptop logic that there must be some state data that is corrupt that was being read over and over, I looked for files with the date stamp of when my unit first started rebooting (10/1). lo and behold found a bunch in the iGo folder located here:

The assumption was these files must be bad because if the system was getting initialized properly, then they would be overwritten with today's date.

First I copied the save folder above to a usb stick and then deleted the following files which all had a date of 10/1/2009 when my unit first started rebooting.

Lang_key

msnd

msnd1

permanent_v1

settings_lowlevel_v1

settings_v2

system

Then I deleted the gpspar0.bin, 1, 2, 3 again from the root of my flashdisk just for good measure. Rebooted the system and voila! no more reboots!

Hope this trick works for those like me that the original gpspar file deletion didn't.

Thank you vegaslaptop for starting me down the right track!

• 2 months later...

Lang_key

msnd

msnd1

permanent_v1

settings_lowlevel_v1

settings_v2

system

I tried this method myself today and had no luck. I was at my wits end trying about 9 different procedures that I've found on this forum to fix my constant rebooting issue. I finally decided to take smovva's method one step further and just delete ABSOLUTELY everything in that "\My flashdisk\user\userdata\iGo\save" folder. And TA-DA! It freakin' worked!

I have the 900bt and I have the same problem. I called pioneer and they told me send it back. I have to pay to get uninstalled and send back that is crazy. All that money I paid and then this. I dont want to send back cause they gon have it forever. I need to know if there is anything I can do to fix this problem. I dont even want to drive because I have no sounds.

I need to know if there is anything I can do to fix this problem. I dont even want to drive because I have no sounds.

You need to try to follow these steps we've laid out here. It took me about 3 days to finally fix mine. But I was able to pull it off.

04gmc,

Your testmode issue has been experienced by other users. Here's one of the links I found

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=23852&p=163944&hilit=testmode#p163944

If this link does not help, please try to search for "testmode" and you will see different solutions to get into testmode.

Hope this helps!

This link certainly helped me. My F900BT was constantly rebooting at the splash screen. I couldnt even get into the testmode. I followed the instructions of this link - press reset and eject button together for 5 seconds, release the reset but keep the eject button pressed a few more seconds and release - and i was able to get into the testmode. Then i went ahead and deleted those temo BIN files and the device works now !!! Many many many thanks to all those details without which I would have been completely lost. THANK YOU !!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I have the same rebooting problem on the f900bt (JUST INSTALLED). Not new. I have a question though, my unit works fine when I'm NOT moving, but as soon as I start driving it gets fritzed. Does anyone else have this problem? I'm gonna look at the wiring first, because it does have the bypass mod.

Does the parking break wire on the VEHICLE need to be altered?

Thanks guys, I'm sorry to beat a dead horse. I'll be trying the solutions listed here, just trying to find out if my problem is actually the same.

Allen