AVIC411.com

Australian Map Update (R17 Maps Page 23)

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi will this update work with the maps on a US Version deck being the X910BT?

Are there any differences between the F910BT and X910BT? such that does all the patches that apply to the F910BT apply to the X910BT?

Cheers

I have not had any experience with the X910BT. I am sure some searching will answer your question though

Cheers

34by151

I have been performing 34by151's mods on a US version X910Bt here in OZ. I have stuck to all instructions with very little issues.

I am still sorting the BT issue with the modified skin though, as when i delete the items in the igo/save folder they reappear after reboot. MSN is not active but every so often it searches for a connection, i am assuming this is part of thie issue.

Otherwise the unit inc BT works flawlesly with the original skin with the last V3UPDATE03. mod copied over and the latest R17 maps. I have not changed SYS.TXT as Before and after the the mod there are at multiple sys.txt folders, two showing "PIONEER746EW", and two showing "PIONEER746UC". I Have not made any changes to any sys.txt folders as unit works perfectly so far.

And a quick thanks to 34by151 for his huge effort and prompt reply to posts.

I suspect you are using one of the early beta data.zip files.

Change back to one of the released versions, I have removed the beta's from 4shared as they are very old in terms of the skin development anyway.

Give the last V3update02 file a a try and this will not have the BT issue that the early beta had. also make sure you do not have the incorrect device line in sys.txt. Best ides is to run your standard sys.txt first the add in the extra lines from my one later on

Cheers

34by151

Actually my post was meant to say Version 3 ....a la Pioneer's 2 SD card update.....whoops..!!

I am mainly concerned about BT as i have had issues in the past with no audio. SD card gives me the s***ts too from time to time.

The map update dies not change the skin in any way, just the maps

So it will have no effect on the BT functions at all

Cheers

34by151

Sensis (WhereIs) R17 Map

Sensis Release Date Feb 11 2010

Usual Disclaimer:

These files are for hobbyist use only. Use them at your own risk I can not be responsible for your actions if something goes wrong. Make sure you take a backup of your system prior to any changes

This Update is for V3 Firmware only

Contained in this release:

Autoboot Installer

Australian Sensis (WhereIs) R17 Map (Released Feb 11 2010)

3D Buildings

3D Petrol Stations

Updated POI's

Updated Speed Cam

Spoken Street Name Corrections (Phoneme.ph file)

Map Warning Bypass

Updated EzRider

Undated Map License files

Updated Terrain (more detailed elevations)

This release has been tested on the Australian AVIC-F900BT

Download files from

http://www.4shared.com/file/255176936/71433445/V3UPDATE03part1.html

http://www.4shared.com/file/255182192/8fe049e8/V3UPDATE03part2.html

Requirements

1. Your AVIC MUST HAVE V3 firmware pre-installed. If you are unsure about this search and read the forums on how to work this out

2. 1 Blank SD card 2GB or larger

Instructions

1. Download the 2 rar files to your computer

2. Put the Rar files in a new directory and extract them using winrar

3. Insert a blank SD card into your computer

It MUST be blank (no files at all on it)

It MUST be formatted using the FAT file system

It MUST be 2GB or larger in size

No exceptions to this

4. Copy the 3 extracted directories to the SD card

5. You will now have created an SD card with 3 subdirectories (backup,update and testmode) in the root

6. Boot your AVIC on the SD card and follow the on screen instructions

NOTE:The Installer will create a backup of your AVIC in the backup directory before updating the maps

Enjoy

34by151

I downloaded from both the links above. then unrar them

Hi 34by151,

I've updated my unit and taken it for a spin and all is working perfectly...almost! The work you have done so far has been awesome and I can't wait to see what's next. New maps + new interface = :D Have you got a PayPal account or something I can make a donation to for all your work??

So, the last niggly problem I have is TTS. It started when I installed the v16 maps you uploaded a while back and unfortunately has followed with v17. The voice works fine and reads the standard text, but when it gets to reading the street name it gets a confused and starts speaking gibberish. I can make out the voice spelling TeleAtlas with a bunch of percentage signs and letters and so on. Has anyone had any success with TTS on v17? The map is definitely passing the street name so it must be the TTS engine which can't interpret the new way of receiving it. I've also tried different TTS languages including non-english ones and they all have the same problem. Any ideas on where to start looking to fix this? I know from reading previous posts that TTS uses the phoneme.ph and commands.csv but I'm not sure on what to do with these.

Also, would lowering the roadsign_lines_per_screen value increase the size of the signs? They appear fine but are a little small.

TTS voices do not work for the reasons you have found. It's actually an Igo problem. You have to use non TTS voices

Signposts display is controlled by the skin and can be altered by changing the settings in you sys.txt and the signpost.ini in the data.zip

Cheers

34by151