AVIC411.com

Newbie here....

I just installed this mod this morning and it's ammmmazing!! Thank you so much. I have been following the boards and everything was very conufusing until I found this. So thanks again...

One quick question though. When I have the map screen up there doesn't seem to be any names with the roads until I have passed them by. Is this something I can change? Thanks!

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK say I try this... and I don't like it and wanna go back... I have my data zip backed up and my whole flash disk actually... but this one seams to do alot more all automatically.... what do I go go back to.. I know the sys.txt and the data zip will be easy.. but the ezrider and other stuff... how do I restore that?? just like I do the data zip and sys.txt.. if you can put a list on what files are modded so I can always revert back... or if I ever wanna try a new data zip... thanks.. and I hope you guys understand what I am trying to say.

OK say I try this... and I don't like it and wanna go back... I have my data zip backed up and my whole flash disk actually... but this one seams to do alot more all automatically.... what do I go go back to.. I know the sys.txt and the data zip will be easy.. but the ezrider and other stuff... how do I restore that?? just like I do the data zip and sys.txt.. if you can put a list on what files are modded so I can always revert back... or if I ever wanna try a new data zip... thanks.. and I hope you guys understand what I am trying to say.

take your 1.6G worth of data and do the reverse of what you did to back it up, let it overwrite all files. Themes and such will still be there, but the important bits will be overwritten.

awww geeze... it this the only way???? damn.... I better like this one...... if I were to have this mod on my 90bt, and . say for instance would want to go back to mavericksters or the original pioneer one is just changing the data zip and sys.txt gonna be enough?

You can drop whatever data.zip and sys.txt in it you like. Ezrider will be happy regardless. The whole point of the hacked ezrider is to allow 3d buildings and foreign maps.

The only files you need to restore if you don't like the mod are apl\image.res, apl2\igo\data.zip and sys.txt. Also, the system sounds under data\sounds if you want the loud ones again. The other files I added just won't be used, but won't harm anything being on the avic's drive.

Newbie here....

I just installed this mod this morning and it's ammmmazing!! Thank you so much. I have been following the boards and everything was very conufusing until I found this. So thanks again...

One quick question though. When I have the map screen up there doesn't seem to be any names with the roads until I have passed them by. Is this something I can change? Thanks!

Street labels depend on zoom level and colorscheme used. I use Easy Day and Monopoly Night with smartzoom on. 200ft min, 400ft max. auto restore.

The first all in one zip that you posted on 4-5 worked perfectly! But, after you made the updates yesterday, I posted the new all in one and now I get the reboot problem. Everytime I try enter a destination then "route" it my system reboots. If I am on my map page (with no route) and try to click on any one of the top icons, my system reboots.

Do you know what the problem might be? Do you think you can post your original all in one zip file for the mean time?

Thanks a bunch. These mods are really great!

It's not the file. Download a fresh copy and extract using 7zip onto a freshly formatted SD-card. Winzip can cause errors like this.

Make sure to set all options under all NaviSettings submenus before using mapping.

by 69sixpackbee on Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:22 pm

Is this file supposed to unzip itself and get placed into the proper directory or do I need to manually manipulate this? Do the new audio files reside in the root or do they end up in the DATA.ZIP "audio" file??

Thanx again for all of the hard work!!

Do not unzip. Leave it intact. This file will be overwritten every time you enter testmode unless you drop the new copy into the mitacap\apl2\igo\content\voice on your testmode SD card. That is how to install it. Enter testmode, wait til the animation is done and you see the green box. Reboot.

it says to zip the file onto my sd card. i have a mac and i know they have problems zipping the data.zip. will i still be able to upload it?

Have a friend with a PC who knows how to unzip files do it for you. 7zip doesn't exist for Macs. Winrar may work or may cause problems. Many mac users have problems installing mods to the avic.

There is a unix version with a mac interface that may or may not work. http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/19139