AVIC411.com

In this update, i really have a disabling reboot when you want to navigate and you have no GPS signal. The previous update was better for it.

The GoHome script is still OEM Pioneer as it always has been. The only difference is it's available from the map screen and not a sub-menu. They ALL do this if not fully booted.

Also, be sure to go through EVERY submenu of navisettings and pick your preferences as some of the variables may not be set properly if you don't. If settings don't stick between reboots, you have a corrupt file in user\userdata on the avic. This is a leading cause of reboots.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I absolutely love this AIO and everything but just like a lot of others, once I downloaded this, all the buildings that where there before are all gone! I live in a small city (Green Bay) so I know that there won't be much to see but I live three blocks from lambeau field and it was there before and now there is just a empty spot on my screen. I spent the better part of the day yesterday reading posts and trying to figure this out including driving by the stadium multiple times with no luck. Usually I can see the stadium and a few other small buildings on my screen as soon as I turn the corner from my street. I would consider lambeau field a large structure/building no matter how small the city of Green Bay is so what gives?

I absolutely love this AIO and everything but just like a lot of others, once I downloaded this, all the buildings that where there before are all gone! I live in a small city (Green Bay) so I know that there won't be much to see but I live three blocks from lambeau field and it was there before and now there is just a empty spot on my screen. I spent the better part of the day yesterday reading posts and trying to figure this out including driving by the stadium multiple times with no luck. Usually I can see the stadium and a few other small buildings on my screen as soon as I turn the corner from my street. I would consider lambeau field a large structure/building no matter how small the city of Green Bay is so what gives?

check your settings, it might just be that the building settings is off

It's also possible that there is a difference in building files for your area. The files in the AIO are the most up-to-date available. In my area they added several new buildings and arenas over the OEM ones, but also removed a few churches that used to show up. You may want to load the older file for your state. Overall the newer files are about 16MB larger than the old ones but a few states are actually a few KB smaller.

Love the new Samantha. One funny problem though is, with street names like:

"148th Ave NE" (One hundred forty-eighth avenue northeast)

Samantha pronounces that as "One Hundred forty-eighth avenue Nebraska"

Which is, you know, humorous...is there a way to fix that? Street names that begin with NE, as in "NE Union Hill Rd", are pronounced correctly.

doogie on Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:14 am

Love the new Samantha. One funny problem though is, with street names like:

"148th Ave NE" (One hundred forty-eighth avenue northeast)

Samantha pronounces that as "One Hundred forty-eighth avenue Nebraska"

Which is, you know, humorous...is there a way to fix that? Street names that begin with NE, as in "NE Union Hill Rd", are pronounced correctly.

You'd have better luck posting this to the TTS thread. There is a rules file in the config folder of the voice zip. You can literally spend days making changes to it and still never get it perfect.

ok but is not fix this problem if no GPS signal in a garage for preparing destination.

i guess so, this thing happens to me every once in a while and what i figured was i get the signal once i start moving and then that's the time i start putting my destination

Not hack related. Purely Avic related. The hack just makes it quicker to set a destination so it shows up more. Wait for the unit to fully boot and acquire signal and it works fine.

I've thought about making Home, favorites and history not even visible until the GPS time is valid as a way around it, but this could be an even bigger annoyance for some.

Newb question warning:

This mod looks fantastic, but I was wondering if this mod makes the AVIC's responses any faster, specially when using an SD card or USB? That is the biggest issue I have with this unit (although reading this forum I was expecting it to be even worst :lol: ) and if this mod fixes that issue I will be forever grateful.

Either way, some really amazing stuff you guys are doing with these units. Makes for some fantastic reading.

HR