AVIC411.com

2008.4 newest usa maps?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are no maps in my mod. Never have been. Only building files. Not sure why people seem to think there are maps in a 65MB download.

not sure if this was directed to me or to TonyLukes3.. either way since i got your attention can u take a look at my post below... it would be nice to hear from u directly... thanks much

hey does anyone know if the building files in CMH's ALL-IN-ONE MOD are the same/older than the one from this thread? im asking cause if you look at the files from this thread they are dated from 07-08 and the ones from CMH is all from 09.. just curious is someone can knows the diff between the two. thanks

I have 2 sets of building files. One from the 2008.4 maps (which are in my AIO) and one from the 2008.10 maps. There are no more than a few K difference between them. POIs are definitely larger on the later maps, but I don't see any advantage to the newer buildings.

I hacked my unit with cmh's latest and greatest and keeping up to date with his changes. I have 1 problem. I can't seem to get the POI to show up on my map screen. I downloaded the 2008.10 maps and 2008.10 POI.

Also, when I search for POI's in my area, I get results that are more than 50 miles or further.

Other than that, everything works fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks

2008.10 maps don't work on iGo 8.0 that the avic runs. You can use the 2008.4 maps and 2008.10 POIs and they work fine together. You'll need to set what POIs are shown and what icon you want shown for them from Manage POI in navi settings..

Thanks. I can't seem to find the 2008.4 maps anymore. The only ones I need are MD, WV,PA, VA. In the mean time, should I put back my original POI from stock along with my original 2007 maps? Or can I use 2008.10 maps with the original stock POI?

This is a link to the 04.2008 maps

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZCNIRS8F

This is a link to the 10.2008 POI file

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X82AVFIC

I downloaded the map file and it is corrupted and will not open.

I did manage to download the POI from your link above and managed to get my POI back and still using the 2008.1 maps. All is fine now until I get the 2008.4 maps. Thanks a bunch!

Hi,

I update the map to 2008.4 and poi to 2008.10. Put in all the buildings and have the worldwide license and the hacked ezrider.exe. I still do not see any 3d building. Does any one know why this is? I read all the forum and still don't understand why my map does not show 3d building. Another question with the branding POI, there is a setting in manage POI to set to show or hide from the map?

Hi,

I update the map to 2008.4 and poi to 2008.10. Put in all the buildings and have the worldwide license and the hacked ezrider.exe. I still do not see any 3d building. Does any one know why this is? I read all the forum and still don't understand why my map does not show 3d building. Another question with the branding POI, there is a setting in manage POI to set to show or hide from the map?

The area you are in mught not have buiding incoded inthe map. Try setting an address in downtown chicago and see if the buildings show.

I downloaded the file from my link and unzipped it without problem. What are you using to unzip the archive?

I used 7zip and I also tried Winrar and both gave me errors. I will try to download it again. Maybe it did not complete.

Thanks.

Redownloaded the file and it works great. All POI's are showing up like they should. Thanks for the links to the maps.