AVIC411.com

New Nav mod (Updated Mar 23, 2010) (Now 3.0 version)

Is there a way to get the map to tilt up or down like the original Avic software? Darn round a bout caused the map to go haywire and its tilted at an angle that now I can't change and its really ticking me off.. Thanks

I asked him to add map tilt buttons back, too... We'll see when he comes back from vacation...

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Mod! I like this one the best out of the others I have loaded. Mainly as I am a control freak and this skin lets me to just that, Micro Manage.

So far my only request/want. would be a GPS Status Button on screen for both while you nav and not in nav. Also for the main screen while not in Nav is it possible to not have the whole back ground graphic on the left that shows the nav arrows speed etc? As I am a control freak this drives me nuts while I am driving while not navigating (which I do more then nav i guess) would just like more of that screen real estate is all.

I am going to try my hand at adding the GPS today, and most likely remove the graphic I spoke of. But I am sure I shall make my system not boot at all. that is what happens when I go digging where I should not. I done know how to code at all. I just cut and paste from everyone's else's great mod's. Doing so has given me some big problems. But I cant leave anything alone until it is fully broken :roll:

Is there a way to get the map to tilt up or down like the original Avic software? Darn round a bout caused the map to go haywire and its tilted at an angle that now I can't change and its really ticking me off.. Thanks

I asked him to add map tilt buttons back, too... We'll see when he comes back from vacation...

Thanks so much...

IDT, here is an easier to understand message box:

The Yes or No actions are the commands in the 2 sets of single quotes. A 'run sc_xxx" should work fine although normally you will see this script called from another script and this will just be used to set a variable that is used in a following "runif vxxx 1" command.

I was in 3d mode, the one with the compass. From what I gather, the airplane is 2d mode and displays a overhead view.

I'll double-check later today. I did not have this issue when I ran simulations, so I'll take another look.

I ran a fly-over from Chicago to Vancouver and did not see this happening...

I'll ask the author when he gets back...

IDT, here is an easier to understand message box:

The Yes or No actions are the commands in the 2 sets of single quotes. A 'run sc_xxx" should work fine although normally you will see this script called from another script and this will just be used to set a variable that is used in a following "runif vxxx 1" command.

tried it and still did not work

a dumb question,where is the "delete current route" buttom?can someone point that out for me? :shock:

On the map screen, click the "Info" button. When I column of buttons appears, click the one that looks like a road. This brings up the main Route handling menu, including Delete Route.

Whats the easiest way to mute the sound?

+1.

This looks amazing and I would love to use this but I cannot be without my mute button. I can't stand the voice directions most the time.

Shoot, a way to turn them off by default and only turn them on when you want them would be even better!

I was in 3d mode, the one with the compass. From what I gather, the airplane is 2d mode and displays a overhead view.

I'll double-check later today. I did not have this issue when I ran simulations, so I'll take another look.

I ran a fly-over from Chicago to Vancouver and did not see this happening...

I'll ask the author when he gets back...

Thanks Boris. Do think my sys.txt might be interfering causing this to happen? I didn't change any of the settings in the file before installing this zip. I think I'll comment out the tilt settings in sys.txt to see if it helps.

Thanks Boris. Do think my sys.txt might be interfering causing this to happen? I didn't change any of the settings in the file before installing this zip. I think I'll comment out the tilt settings in sys.txt to see if it helps.

I suppose it is possible, depending on what you have in your SYS.TXT... Mine only has wider range of possible tilt values, but I did not add any smartzoom or default settings...

I suppose it is possible, depending on what you have in your SYS.TXT... Mine only has wider range of possible tilt values, but I did not add any smartzoom or default settings...

Here's what I have in my sys.txt for 3d

[map]

3d_roads=1

3d_tunnels=1

3d_max_tiltlevel=8550

3d_max_zoomlevel=400

3d_min_zoomlevel=40

3d_max_zfar=400

auto_nightmode=0

3d_scale_carmodel=1

3dcarsizemin=1700

3dcarsizemax=3400

3d_dem=1

3d_dem_detail=2

I think I'll comment out the code in blue and see if it does the trick.