AVIC411.com

3.0 Map/Firmware update released

I did read the topic and it was comprehensive.....and interesting information from Jason. Now I've seen it mentioned that mods can be loaded on top of mods(at least I think I did) and I have read this site for a couple of months now, but what would be the best way to load the update? If we choose to update to 3.0/new maps should we return our units to stock first or will it make a difference. I'm assuming the update will overwrite all mods?

Please excuse the question, but I don't quite get the mod thing. I guess my question is, will the update over write the complete flash or will remnant code remain from the mod and cause problems? Thanks in advance.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Misinformation at it's best...3.0 is a map and firmware update! No one is going to have it for at least a few more weeks.

Guys, the 3.0 Map/Firmware Update has a security code that is linked to the serial number of your unit. There will be no group buys or downloads.

Pioneer is going to have an introductory special where the price will be around $70 soon.

JasonH

Site Admin

is this for Europe to?

i wonder how they gonna manage that security code, as far i know the reseller isnt locking the SD card to a unit, so groupbuy will work as long as the sd card hasnt been used.

i hope not i live in the netherlands, think im gonna send a mail to pioneer Europe or Netherlands

i wonder how they gonna manage that security code, as far i know the reseller isnt locking the SD card to a unit, so groupbuy will work as long as the sd card hasnt been used.

i hope not i live in the netherlands, think im gonna send a mail to pioneer Europe or Netherlands

If they're going to use the same system as with the HD3 / Z3, you might have a problem.

There you have to enter the serial code of the software update, together with the serial number of your device on a Pioneer website after which an unlock password is generated for that single combination....

Afterwards, obviously, you cannot use that software serial number again, so effectivly it's only usable for a single device.....

That's fine with me. Updating maps costs money and the upgrade of the Nav software is woth something as well. YOu can't have everything for free and as long as the mentioned price of $ 70,-- or the € equivalent is realistic, I think one should pay for it.

What I'm concerned about is the fact that 2.007 in Europe blocks Testmode and I'm sure the Map update will as well. My unit is so much better with the Mods I have installed (I'm using dpdurst's data.zip) and I don't want to miss the upgraded funtions they provide.

So it is a real trade off: New Maps and Navi software with the promised performance enhancements of the Unit versus seamless functionality.

I'll propably wait if someone manages to create a Testmode that breaks the update in order to install mods on top.

Any Idea if that will work?

See you

Jörg

this what i got from pioneer :

translated to english :

The update will be available begin juli and will be sold for €149,-

---

De kaarten zijn opgenomen in 2007, uitgetekend in 2008. De avic-F900bt is reeds sinds de zomer van 2008 op de markt. Eens een toestel verschijnt worden er geen grote wijzigingen meer aangebracht aan de specifiekaties van het toestel. De update zal begine juli beschikbaar zijn bij Pioneer en worden verkocht aan een prijs van 149 euro.

Indien u nog verdere vragen heeft kunt u ons steeds bereiken via mail of telefoon.

Check it out. Anyone try this yet?

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... CNSD-100FM

ADMIN EDIT (JasonH): This update will be released some time around July. It is a firmware AND map upgrade. There will be a special introductory price of around $70. It will be available for purchase by SD Card only. It will also have a security code linked to your AVIC serial number. There will be no group buys or download links.

Before posting a question, please read this first: viewtopic.php?t=25031

That won't be for europe i fear, pioneer told me it costs € 149, which i tree times the us intro-price then....

translated to english :

---

De kaarten zijn opgenomen in 2007, uitgetekend in 2008. De avic-F900bt is reeds sinds de zomer van 2008 op de markt. Eens een toestel verschijnt worden er geen grote wijzigingen meer aangebracht aan de specifiekaties van het toestel. De update zal begine juli beschikbaar zijn bij Pioneer en worden verkocht aan een prijs van 149 euro.

Indien u nog verdere vragen heeft kunt u ons steeds bereiken via mail of telefoon.

shit, that whole paragraph tranlates to just one sentence? :lol:

translated to english :

---

shit, that whole paragraph tranlates to just one sentence? :lol:

Kaarten van 2007 :lol: op een update van 2009 :lol: oude kaarten zou ik zeggen :!:

Maps of 2007 :lol: on the update 2009 :lol: Old maps on a new update :!:

They have updated the product description.

Coming Soon!

Model year 2009 TeleAtlas database on SD Card, featuring nearly 12 million POI, US and Canada coverage (including Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico).

Includes firmware version 3.0, including heading-up option in 2D view, Highway Sign Boards, enhanced map UI with improved contrast, and more. Models with built-in MSN Direct will feature 3 additional channels (news, stocks and local events) and traffic flow displayed on map.

Compatible with AVIC F-Series In-Dash navigation systems only (AVIC-F90BT, AVIC-F900BT, AVIC-F700BT, AVIC-F7010BT).

They have updated the product description.

Coming Soon!

Model year 2009 TeleAtlas database on SD Card, featuring nearly 12 million POI, US and Canada coverage (including Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico).

Includes firmware version 3.0, including heading-up option in 2D view, Highway Sign Boards, enhanced map UI with improved contrast, and more. Models with built-in MSN Direct will feature 3 additional channels (news, stocks and local events) and traffic flow displayed on map.

Compatible with AVIC F-Series In-Dash navigation systems only (AVIC-F90BT, AVIC-F900BT, AVIC-F700BT, AVIC-F7010BT).

Like I said again... it's pretty sweet we have to pay more for them to fix their bugs. They should offer a separate download for the bug fixes.