AVIC411.com

3.0 Map/Firmware update released

I know this is dumb question but does anyone know what processor in the F-series? The new X, Z have 600Mhz processors.

The processor in the F-series is a 600MHz SiRF Titan dual-core ARM11. Same one used in other PNAs like the HP iPaq 310 series. ARM1136EJ1 core, ARM V6 instruction set.

Summary of the proc's at http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=cpu&id=a11gst

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does anyone know if igo8.3 tells you what side of the street your destination is on? I'd pay $70 just for that.

that can be set in the voice file. There is a post on it on another forum. I would have to find it again. I use it on igo8 and amigo. But a lot of the times it tells you the wrong side. That is probably why they don't include it by default. I will see if I can find that post again and put the info here. I haven't tried it with the default igo8 on the avic yet.

I just posted it as a new topic. So if you want to try adding left and right to your destination and via commands.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25147

so they have made some improvements to it?

lately my bluetooth has been acting up. also my damn map will go automatically into 2d when i hit the autobahn and i have to change it back to 3d

the buildings dont show up at all either.

That is called smartzoom. Turn it off in settings.

I purchased the F90 because there are so many mods (backrounds, different icons, etc) and mine is customized to match my phone/car/and taste w/the great help of cmh928. So if I can't get the custom icons, over-ride, cnx nav or mute nav instructions and such back with the 3.0 update (i.e. no test mode) then count me out of buying it.

lately my bluetooth has been acting up. also my damn map will go automatically into 2d when i hit the autobahn and i have to change it back to 3d

It's not smartzoom, which zooms in before a turn in 3D and 2D.

You want to disable overview mode or whatever that is called in English

Now would be a good time to do the hardware bypass for those of you who did the software bypass. I had previously had the software bypass and i intend to upgrade when 3.0 is released and do not want to lose my bypass expecially with the good possibility of losing test mode. I guess i will lose some hacks but hoping the update will take care of that. I did the hardware bypass today, no problems, works great! that is one less thing i have to worry about. My other hacks include: removing zoom scale, full screen cockpit mod (always defaults to on) and resizing my 3D arrrow. Based on the screen shots, looks like the 3D arrow is much smaller. If i lose the first two, no biggie. We'll see.

I would do the hardware bypass prior to upgrading to 3.0!!

From what I have read elsewhere on here, the F series Parrot BT hardware lacks the capability of A2DP.

The iPhone has always had the capability, it was just never programed (on Apple's end) to be usable.

So while Apple's SW update fixed the iPhone, Pioneer's (funny how they're both 3.0 now eh? :mrgreen: ) will not give the F series A2DP streaming... According to multiple posts on various forums I've read.

It's not smartzoom, which zooms in before a turn in 3D and 2D.

You want to disable overview mode or whatever that is called in English

I had to turn of smartzoom to keep mine from going into 2d when i hit the interstate. If i am wrong thien i am wrong and didn't mean to mislead anyone sorry.