AVIC411.com

3.0 Map/Firmware update released

But seperate the firmware from maps...... because maps i can get them elsewhere ;)

They can't. If you read the thread, the firmware updates to 8.3, which requires a different map format, so they need to lisence new maps.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plus you can get a whole new GPS for $130!!! This really is simply insane...

Maybe you can get a base model piece of crap GPS for $130, but not anything comparable to your in-dash Navigation System.

In summary, cry us a river. Everybody is whining so much about a product that hasn't even freaking been released yet. WANNNNH.

Now chill the f*** out and wait patiently like the rest of us.

If you are going to talk shit to someone, get your facts straight... it is an ON DASH system I bought. Notice also, I am not impatient to get it... I said I don't want it. dumb ass.

Point being, it's a $600 unit. You bought it for 22% of the original price. It's the same concept as people that buy relatively inexpensive cars, completely redo and redesign them, and make them amazing for only a few thousand more. Which is STILL less than you would have spent buying a higher-end car.

Or people that buy old crappy houses and renovate them, then sell them back for more money.

It's an investment that you're too cheap to put money into, despite the amount of money you saved in the initial transaction.

But I wouldn't expect a failnub to understand that.

If you are going to talk shit to someone, get your facts straight... it is an ON DASH system I bought. Notice also, I am not impatient to get it... I said I don't want it. dumb ass.

Point being, it's a $600 unit. You bought it for 22% of the original price. It's the same concept as people that buy relatively inexpensive cars, completely redo and redesign them, and make them amazing for only a few thousand more. Which is STILL less than you would have spent buying a higher-end car.

Or people that buy old crappy houses and renovate them, then sell them back for more money.

It's an investment that you're too cheap to put money into, despite the amount of money you saved in the initial transaction.

But I wouldn't expect a failnub to understand that.

How could your point have been paying for a $600 unit... Idoit! I have a $188 unit. Like i said, get your facts straight before you open your mouth and show everyone how stupid you really are.

anyways...

Well, paying $188 for a GPS unit with 5.8" screen is excellent. The software it comes with it pretty bad and the hacks have greatly improved it. Paying $130 ($318 total) for the same GPS is NOT a good deal anymore. Especially when you consider that the $130 upgrade will remove the hacks and kill testmode. So you get a stripped down version of igo8 that doesn't support any of the skins available... That makes it pretty much useless to me. When I can use Amigo with the DJ skin and get all the features and performance i want. So back to my original point. The $130 price tag sucks. I am not interested in it and I have the unit the way i want it. who is the "failnub" (what a gay word) now.. jackass.

I'm so glad I spend time reading all the useful posts like these instead of the boring ones like the update being only $70 for it's introductary sale price. :roll:

This thread would probably be 3 pages of useful info if you took out all of the BS and repeating everything 10x.

...But I wouldn't expect a failnub to understand that.

Specter is very well respected in the iGO community...

Agreed! If you did any kind of research or checked out the link that is posted at the bottom of every one of his posts, you would see he is definately not a noob. I have been keeping an eye on this thread to see when 3.0 comes out but i really am so sick of all the ass$$$$$ that keep asking the same questions over and over again! If you haven't read the entire post then do not post on this thread! :evil: It's really amazing how many jerkoffs there are and wont do their homework and that's why a mastermind like CMH left us! Because of all the jerkoffs!

It's not a 188 dollar unit. If it was stolen, (unless your insurance blows), you would receive $600 for replacement. It's a 600 dollar unit. If you stole it from a store, it's not free. It's worth 600 dollars.

THAT'S my point. Even if you did spend the additional $130, you still wouldn't have even reached MSRP for the original product. That's a pretty darn good deal, IMHO.

Also, it's wonderful that you're well respected in the "radio forum" world. That doesn't mean you always think rationally. And I find it hilarious that some people will get so fired up (not you, the other people) over an argument. It's the internet. Grow a pair.

Anyway, off-topic. Time to play some Left4Dead :)

Map update is delayed in Europe until September :( (from Juli originally) as they still have to do more testing. 2.007 was withdrawn from the German site due to bugs with some destinations in Scandinavia.

Verbal info from Pioneer Hotline

Who the fxxk needs new maps after the holiday season? These guys can't get anything right. :evil:

See you in September

Jörg

That is very odd, if you go to Pioneer.se and request firmware upgrade you get a link to piopneer.eu download area with 2.007, so Germans are not permitted to get incorrect info but if you live in the countrieswhere the errors are you get to download the faulty firmware, great logik Pioneer.

Map update is delayed in Europe until September :( (from Juli originally) as they still have to do more testing. 2.007 was withdrawn from the German site due to bugs with some destinations in Scandinavia.

Verbal info from Pioneer Hotline

Who the fxxk needs new maps after the holiday season? These guys can't get anything right. :evil:

See you in September

Jörg

they probably want to make it even more difficult to hack...

but this is speculating :mrgreen:

I just called the Dutch Pioneer customer support office. They did not know about the problems, but are checking in to it. I asked how to get back to version 2.5 (knowing this is not possible). They told me that I could get the unit upgraded to 3.0 thru my dealer at the Pioneer service center, or have it swapped for a 2.5 unit. Sadly I have to leave for .. wait for it .. Scandinavia ! this weekend, so no way I can have the unit upgraded before that time. A support rep telling you something is possible, doesn't mean it's actually possible, but I anyone "dutch" out there wan't to try...

In the meantime... Can someone tell me what the problems are a bit more specific ? I'm driving three weeks tru Norway (holliday) and it would be nice to have a working nav unit...

I just called the Dutch Pioneer customer support office. They did not know about the problems, but are checking in to it. I asked how to get back to version 2.5 (knowing this is not possible). They told me that I could get the unit upgraded to 3.0 thru my dealer at the Pioneer service center, or have it swapped for a 2.5 unit. Sadly I have to leave for .. wait for it .. Scandinavia ! this weekend, so no way I can have the unit upgraded before that time. A support rep telling you something is possible, doesn't mean it's actually possible, but I anyone "dutch" out there wan't to try...

In the meantime... Can someone tell me what the problems are a bit more specific ? I'm driving three weeks tru Norway (holliday) and it would be nice to have a working nav unit...

i guess it has to do with tmc-settings, so when you turn of tmc, you wil probably be save, but that's guessing...

My question is how will we know that the update has officially been released for sale and is available? Will Pioneer change their page to say that is now available or what?

Also, where would we buy it from? Direct from Pioneer only, or will places like BestBuy have it? Where will we have to go to get the $70 introductory price?

I know a lot is speculation until it is released, but maybe somebody has some answers? Jason?