AVIC411.com

3.0 Map/Firmware update released

Yeah...for some reason (maybe because of all the mods from this forum i played with earlier ??) this error message appeared. : http://img43.imageshack.us/i/img4375o.jpg/

Here is what I did :

update with SD 1 : pretty long, maybe 20 minutes or so...

update with SD 2: : 5 minutes

Then appeared the brand new Avic :D

However, i was told to delete my user profile in the system settings before using it... so this is what i did (i regret!), and after a reboot, this error message appeared :(

So i quicly played with the new firmware in my friend's car, here is my impression after playing with it for just 1 minute :

- the sound when touching the menu button isn't annoying anymore

- the system is REALLY faster to use, exactly as it should have been from the beggining !

- When you want to enter an adress and go to "house number", you don't have a keyboard of letters (which was useless and annoying to have to switch keyboard, right ?), but a keyboard of ONLY numbers :D

- map panning is much better.

That's all i could play with. So to resume this update seems to be what we were waiting for (finally!!!) and it definitely seems to WORTH the money to upgrade.

I haven't played with it enough, but it really got me excited :)

ps :

- Testmode doesn't work anymore

- If u think u have an idea how to fix that installation bug in my car, i'll record a movie of the new firmware i promess!

-i THINK there is no real protection for copying it... as it's just some files on an 2 SD...but i can't garantee it.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is a work around for this... basically from memory here is what I read you need to do.

First enter service mode. (push and hold menu map eject and the reset button at the same time. when you hear a pop sound from your speakers let go of the eject button but continue to hold menu and map) this will bring you to a blue screen asking you to enter a code. push the nobb in this sequence and you will see * signs for each push. Up Up Down Menu Left Right

This will put you fully into service mode.

Be careful in here I have bought a used unit and I am willing to bet significant amount of money the individual entered into this service mode and bricked his system on his self probably by hitting the format tool in other tools.

Once in Service mode go to update windows CE. If you have your origional back up files from your avic saved on your computer you can find the winceimage.bin and winceimage.cks put those to files on an SD card and choose update Windows Via SD/USB and this should take a minute.

Supposedly after you do this you have access to test mode again. But like everyone else says dont hold us to it.

Tail24, thank you for pointing it out.

Service mode was easy to access. But then i had to find what was my problem.

Finally, i just kept my USER folder of the old firmware to keep my settings.

Then the error did not appear anymore, but neither was the menu...

So after doing a WinCE update (again with the 3.002 firmware, the one which block the test mode) I finally got it to work :D

I still have an error when i try to access SYSTEM SETTINGS, probably cause i kept the old USER folder. But it's not a freeze crash, just a message.

SO, this whold thing took me hours to figure out, it's almost 5 am now so i'm heading to bed.

However i promised you a video tomorrow... so you'll get it... and i can tell you you'll be amazed and excited !

I just played for a few minutes with the toy.. and gosh... it IS quick reacting !! no lag AT ALL !

amongst the great news :

- Just played a random AVI move (+600 Mb) on a SD, and there was no lag !

- STEERING WHEEL BUTTONS (the left one) has 1 more interesting and awaited function : PRESSING it will either : switch to the next preset FM/AM channel , either go to the next mp3's folder (MP3).

- i already said it but i'll say it again : everything reacts SOOOOOOO quickly !!!! :D

Honestly ? I'd even pay 200€ for that update if that was the price!! :)

Anyone in The Netherlands already able to buy the SD card? I'd like to buy this one too just before going on a holiday. I'd love to hear where I can buy it.

I am also witing in the Netherlands for the update to be available, just send a mail to pioneer netherlands they will send you a mail when the update will be available

I should have the 3.0 update installed on Tuesday on my F900BT EU.

I know somebody who already has it, and i should see him on tuesday to get it too.

Will let you know...

you gotta take a pic to prove it...

but interested to know whats changed!

There you go...

SD nr.1 : http://img43.imageshack.us/i/img4373.jpg/

SD nr.2 : http://img294.imageshack.us/i/img4374.jpg/

Is this a US SD cart into a EU F-900BT :?:

Is this only the firmware without new 2009 maps and iGo 8.3 :?:

As you can read on the first picture, the Maps are also updated. (1.0006 > 2.0002)

Then the second SD is just a firmware update from 3.0 > 3.0003.

It's a F900BT EU (and a EU update) so we (unfortunately) never had HD radio. That's only for US version.

As you can read on the first picture, the Maps are also updated. (1.0006 > 2.0002)

Then the second SD is just a firmware update from 3.0 > 3.0003.

It's a F900BT EU (and a EU update) so we (unfortunately) never had HD radio. That's only for US version.

It is remarkable but beautiful done that you have the update. It is nowhere in the world for sale at the moment :o

Normaly it is for sale in Europe (Belgium) the second week of july :roll: