AVIC411.com

3.0 Map/Firmware update released

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want the 3.0 firmware minus the new iGo and updated maps, that is already available and makes the unit much faster. Check the other 3.0 threads. Theres a separate one for US and EU, and it tells you exactly what you need to do.

i al ready did this and that's not my problem of my write up...

OK, and i agree, since Pioneer has the software done and it works on our units without the new iGo and maps, they should release it for free to us so we don't have to find roundabout ways to install it. I just wanted to make sure everyone is aware that the option is there.

Wow....... Tacomaboy, you have been here posting for some time and you are almost always a postive contributor (i didnt want to quote your long list of "issues" so I grabbed this shorter post). I know the problems with that model of the Avic-F must be real. Your frustration can be felt in the words, and your posting history lends credibility. I hope that somehow pioneer can correct the problems at least enough to make the units tolerable.

Tacomaboy, I do like pioneer so please allow me an anecdotal story... I order one specific dish from a very high end restaurant in New Orleans. It is my most favorite dish on the planet. Well, one day it was not very good. I weighed the many servings of excellence versus the one poor dish. I decided to the tell server (and chef also) that it was below par, but refused any attempts to "fix" the order..... I ate it and knew full well that the restaurant (pioneer?) would be back to their established level of quality upon my next meal...... we may have to eat this one, but lets not stop visiting the restaurant....

I ordered my copy and noticed when ordering it that there is a small message that stated the update won't ship until August. I think it will be a while before any of us get the actual update.

Not surprised. Pioneer won't trick me again! I am waiting till this test is well vetted before even considering trying to torrent it.

Wow....... Tacomaboy, you have been here posting for some time and you are almost always a postive contributor (i didnt want to quote your long list of "issues" so I grabbed this shorter post). I know the problems with that model of the Avic-F must be real. Your frustration can be felt in the words, and your posting history lends credibility. I hope that somehow pioneer can correct the problems at least enough to make the units tolerable.

Tacomaboy, I do like pioneer so please allow me an anecdotal story... I order one specific dish from a very high end restaurant in New Orleans. It is my most favorite dish on the planet. Well, one day it was not very good. I weighed the many servings of excellence versus the one poor dish. I decided to the tell server (and chef also) that it was below par, but refused any attempts to "fix" the order..... I ate it and knew full well that the restaurant (pioneer?) would be back to their established level of quality upon my next meal...... we may have to eat this one, but lets not stop visiting the restaurant....

Thats a good metaphor, and I have loved my Pioneer units in the past. I really want this thing to work, but I have to be honest, if my favorite restaurant served me a terrible meal, then at least TRIED to fix it I would understand. But if they refused a long time customer, and then tried to get me to pay to have the ruined meal replaced with another meal (that still might not be good), I guess I am the type to start eating at other restaurants.

Thanks for checking my history, and I have really tried to be positive - I was even the one who found the software speed sensing hack!

I just did the Windoes CE update and the response is much much faster, dare I say acceptable. But that's one item out of a long list. And I what a headache to get it to work! And Pioneer wants to charge for that fix! The bluetooth is still broken, my first phone call after the update locked up after I hung up.

I need to replace the APL folder but my USB connector is hidden and I need a screwdriver to access it. Like I said, I headache. Took over an hour to get all the files.

OK, and i agree, since Pioneer has the software done and it works on our units without the new iGo and maps, they should release it for free to us so we don't have to find roundabout ways to install it. I just wanted to make sure everyone is aware that the option is there.

Bingo, someone call Pioneer and tell them to do this. Sheesh Pioneer!

just copy that APL directory on the Testmode SD card... No USB needed... :wink:

Yeah I know, I just needed to get to work, and didnt have time to copy it to SD card.

Is there a sticky on how to do this? just bought a refurn F900bt last week and getting it in a couple of days and wonder what firmware will be on it?

just copy that APL directory on the Testmode SD card... No USB needed... :wink:

Yeah I know, I just needed to get to work, and didnt have time to copy it to SD card.

Is there a sticky on how to do this? just bought a refurn F900bt last week and getting it in a couple of days and wonder what firmware will be on it?

Nothing simple and concise. One may show up soon.