AVIC411.com

3.0 Map/Firmware update released

I have 2 of the F500BT's, very happy with them by the way...but do I need to buy 2 upgrades?....I read earlier that they are not asking for your S/N when puchasing the $60 upgrade, how will they control my not using the SD card upgrade on both of my units?

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just ordered mine about 15 minutes ago. I keep hearing people talk about serial numbers and activation key requirements for this update but I was never asked for any of that information upon placeing my order. I think this update will be easly redistrubted and will look into it as soon as I receive it. My bigest concern is the possible loss of testmode...

Just ordered mine about 15 minutes ago. I keep hearing people talk about serial numbers and activation key requirements for this update but I was never asked for any of that information upon placeing my order. I think this update will be easly redistrubted and will look into it as soon as I receive it. My bigest concern is the possible loss of testmode...

They dont need to ask you at the time of purchase. They could simply have the single purchaser go to a link and enter the AVIC serial number. This would generate the serial key...... if they do it on the pioneer site and there is nothing on the card for this key generation formula then it may be tough to crack. If they were smart they would have anticipated this and have the serial/key confirmation check on a separate chip on the AVIC MB which would not be accessible by us. Microsoft, for instance cant do it this way because they dont build the computers...

and remember..... we still have never cracked the wav file encoding on the AVIC's, it stands today as the holy grail of the AVIC's ( I was personally dissapointed that the community threw in the towel a good while back)..... lets see on this upgrade... the supergeeks that reside here will tell...soon

They dont need to ask you at the time of purchase. They could simply have the single purchaser go to a link and enter the AVIC serial number. This would generate the serial key...... if they do it on the pioneer site and there is nothing on the card for this key generation formula then it may be tough to crack. If they were smart they would have anticipated this and have the serial/key confirmation check on a separate chip on the AVIC MB which would not be accessible by us. Microsoft, for instance cant do it this way because they dont build the computers...

Bought the unit together with my passat CC in april. Knew about the coming update so asked my dealer to provide me with the latest software in July.

Last week I was called by a Pioneer rep who wanted my address to send me the SD with the latest software.

It should be sent this week so I''ll keep you posted.

If nothing arrives this week I'll try to find out if it is actually delayed.

Received the update and installed it.

First impression:

- startup takes about 50secs now, so pretty pissed off

- the information screen (speed, distance, time to destination) only has 2 lines left instead of 3

- respons on touchscreen is much better

- Now 3D, 2D and 2DNorth display

- traffic signs in Navigation is nice improvement

Sorry for the poor quality pics but took 'm while driving with my BlackBerry.

As I'm a noob with hacking and modding I can't tell you what still works and what doesn't.

img00010200907081824x.jpg

img00011200907081824.jpg

img00012200907081825g.jpg

img00014200907081826.jpg

Bought the unit together with my passat CC in april. Knew about the coming update so asked my dealer to provide me with the latest software in July.

Last week I was called by a Pioneer rep who wanted my address to send me the SD with the latest software.

It should be sent this week so I''ll keep you posted.

If nothing arrives this week I'll try to find out if it is actually delayed.

Received the update and installed it.

First impression:

- startup takes about 50secs now, so pretty pissed off

- the information screen (speed, distance, time to destination) only has 2 lines left instead of 3

- respons on touchscreen is much better

- Now 3D, 2D and 2DNorth display

- traffic signs in Navigation is nice improvement

Sorry for the poor quality pics but took 'm while driving with my BlackBerry.

As I'm a noob with hacking and modding I can't tell you what still works and what doesn't.

This is really great to see! Thanks for posting!

I see you live in the Netherlands. Is there possibility the upload the SD card somewhere. Or when this a serial connected or something (i dont think so) maybe you can give us an adress where we can get this update. What is the price you paid for this update?

Would be great!

Thanks in advance,

Eric