AVIC411.com

3.0 Map/Firmware update released

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I contact Pioneer Europe in Belgium and they told me i have to order the update by a Pioneer reseller. They told me it's not for sale yet at the moment. They expect next month :evil:

same here, and they added: there is no special offer for the update in the benelux... :twisted:

So I suggest, we gather as benelux, or better eu customers and demand a similar price as the us price from pioneer europe, because we have payed more for the unit itself and again are paying more for an update, this doesn't seem reasonable!

Naw, just kidding! LOL, i know it wasn't that funny but i couldn't resist.

Damn you, I read that after my order and was trying to get back to where I missed the download update.

Can't wait for this.

Thanks Pioneer, for finally making the software this hardware deserved from day one!

Just ordered my copy of 3.0. Can't wait!

I know that the initial boot time is about the same, but can anyone with an X or a 3.0 comment on how it boots up when there are more things going on than just the core functionality of the unit? Like I get my iPod screen after like 30 seconds or so, but the Bluetooth isn't ready until after a minute or so, and the voice control not for a minute and change, and everything just seems so staggered. Has the code been rewritten to the point that the initial media playback screen takes the same time to come up, but the VR, BT, and iGo are loaded much more quickly or what? The video posted was a Euro model with no apparent BT, iPod, Voice recognition, or overall boot time posted (good video indicating screen response though!).

Either way, I'm just happy to get a good price on the 3.0 update.

To everyone saying they can share it since you don't need the serial when placing the order, think about this.. No software you buy requires your Mac address to buy, When you first install it, it combines everything to identify it with that PC. Now at some point, amybe someone will come up with a crack but just pay the 70 and stop bitching/whining . You all cried over the 130 price, you now have a chance to get it for 60 plus freight/aplicable taxes and you still whine. I really like my unit, and gladly paid 70 to enhance it even more.

Brian

I know this is late to respond to this, but are you smoking something? The only way software for your computer knows if it's been installed before on a different computer is if it has some kind of online activation. Your computer cannot modify the CD/DVD/installer of the software to make it so it knows it's been installed before. So your analogy and logic here is totally bogus and you might want to research DRM techniques and what Read Only Media is... Since the lower model F series don't have internet capability functional, there is no way this is going to happen on our units.

I would highly doubt that Pioneer would individually write a SD card for every purchase with your personal serial information on it. Plus if you were to walk into a dealer and buy the SD update, how would they have programmed your serial number into it? What is more likely is that the software on the SD can tell if the SD it was written on is original or not and therefore not run if it is on an illegitimate SD card (Example someone dl's a torrent with the update and pastes it on their own SD card). If that's is the case, then it's an extremely easy fix and the update will be easy to share over the web.