AVIC411.com

3.0 Map/Firmware update released

Bought the unit together with my passat CC in april. Knew about the coming update so asked my dealer to provide me with the latest software in July.

Last week I was called by a Pioneer rep who wanted my address to send me the SD with the latest software.

It should be sent this week so I''ll keep you posted.

If nothing arrives this week I'll try to find out if it is actually delayed.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When people start receiving the 3.0 upgrades will someone please benchmark their bootup to the main screen time in 2.0 and then in 3.0 to let us know how 3.0 runs on the f series hardware? A full write up of any differences of the f series 3.0 vs x series demo would be great also! Finally if you could test to insure that we can or cant boot into the unit with our old SD boot hack would be awesome :)

Oh and what happened to the $70 intro pricing? Was that just a rumor?

You guys make ne laugh. You are all getting upset and angry over posts made purely on speculation and rumours. Think threads like this should be locked and you should all just wait and see what happens for real when they release the update.

+1000000. Thank you. Seriously. You're all getting so angry over something, quite frankly, none of you know anything about. You are not an engineer employed by Pioneer, therefore you can't say that you know for sure what will or will not be included in the update, or if the firmware will be free and provided separately.

You're all speculating on what you see as a "Coming Soon!" product on Pioneer's website.

This is how hysteria spreads. A bunch of tards that get angry over something which has details that have not been fully announced or even released yet. That's like getting angry at a Concept Car at an Auto Show. It's not the official release of the car. Relax.

This thread shouldn't even exist, as the Topic itself is incorrect. The update has not been released (as has been said before repeatedly). All you're seeing is a freaking advertisement for a product that is still being developed.

Amen. 20 pages of posts with zero useful information in them.

I wish they would get with tomtom for map commands, or any other brand. I hate the war the pioneer unit is setup. Yes I have read the instructions, but it can be so much more simple. Also I have been a hug pioneer fan forever. I can go to walmart and pick up a $100 cd player and it works flawless, but this system is just garbage right now. I am so surprised that it made it out of R&D and into the market with all the issues and slowness it has, just not very pioneer like at all. With that said, only the 3.o update can save its spot in my supra, if thats not tons better then Ill go back to a tomtom and a standard cd player

If you want some cheesy TomTom or Garmin or some K-Mart brand like that, then lease, buy a handheld one. Some of us got AVIC exactly because it runs superior navigation platform.

I think its reprehensible Pioneer is charging for this firmware upgrade! If maps need to be upgraded charge for it but don't bundle it with software required to make your hardware work properly.

Price wasn't the issue for me to purchase this unit in the first place. What sold me was functionality. After purchase, the problems:

1. Super slow, boot up and switching songs

2. Unresponsive screen & buttons

3. I have to have the parking brake on to use navigation?!?

4. Won't recognize most addresses for destinations.

The bottom line is why pay more for something that doesn't work properly in the first place?

SHAME ON YOU PIONEER.

I will purposely go out of my way to avoid buying another Pioneer product, let alone an upgrade.

I think its reprehensible Pioneer is charging for this firmware upgrade! If maps need to be upgraded charge for it but don't bundle it with software required to make your hardware work properly.

Price wasn't the issue for me to purchase this unit in the first place. What sold me was functionality. After purchase, the problems:

The bottom line is why pay more for something that doesn't work properly in the first place?

SHAME ON YOU PIONEER.

I will purposely go out of my way to avoid buying another Pioneer product, let alone an upgrade.

I WISH PEOPLE WOULD READ THE FREAKIN THREAD!

CURRENT FIRMWARE USES IGO 8.0. NEW FIRMWARE USES IGO 8.3. 8.0 MAPS ARE NOT COMPATIBLE WITH 8.3! THAT'S WHY THEY ARE CHARGING - BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO CHARGE FOR MAP LICENSES!!! ITS A COMPATIBILITY ISSUE - NEW VERSION FIRMWARE IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH OLD MAPS. PLEASE, STOP HARPING ON IT!!! DO YOU WANT THE NEW FIRMWARE WITH THE LATEST IGO OR NOT?????

SHAME ON YOU PIONEER.

Here we go again.... In order for the new maps to work, you need the new firmware!!! Please read before posting... you guys all look like idiots when you do this!!!

There was a single post somewhere around here recently that claimed a Pioneer rep stated that a 3.0 update would be available without maps and without the IGO 8.3 at no charge, but I have no idea how accurate that is. The rep could have been clueless, or the guy posting could have misunderstood, who knows.

Here we go again.... In order for the new maps to work, you need the new firmware!!! Please read before posting... you guys all look like idiots when you do this!!!

Yikes, my apologies.

I did read several pages, unfortunately I don't have time to read 20 pages. The content related to my post was on page 19. The pages I read were about trashing other members/posts.

Yikes, my apologies.

I did read several pages, unfortunately I don't have time to read 20 pages. The content related to my post was on page 19. The pages I read were about trashing other members/posts.

Fair enough :)

I should have the 3.0 update installed on Tuesday on my F900BT EU.

I know somebody who already has it, and i should see him on tuesday to get it too.

Will let you know...

you gotta take a pic to prove it...

but interested to know whats changed!

There you go...

SD nr.1 : http://img43.imageshack.us/i/img4373.jpg/

SD nr.2 : http://img294.imageshack.us/i/img4374.jpg/

I should have the 3.0 update installed on Tuesday on my F900BT EU.

I know somebody who already has it, and i should see him on tuesday to get it too.

Will let you know...

you gotta take a pic to prove it...

but interested to know whats changed!

There you go...

SD nr.1 : http://img43.imageshack.us/i/img4373.jpg/

SD nr.2 : http://img294.imageshack.us/i/img4374.jpg/

wow impressive, so notice any difference?