AVIC411.com

3.0 Map/Firmware update released

Like I said again... it's pretty sweet we have to pay more for them to fix their bugs. They should offer a separate download for the bug fixes.

I tend to agree. I've already given up on the nav system, in favor of my Garmin 750, but I'd still like to benefit from the bug fixes and performance improvements.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said again... it's pretty sweet we have to pay more for them to fix their bugs. They should offer a separate download for the bug fixes.

yeah WTF???? I have no problem paying for updates, but bug fixes? Even Microsoft doesn't do that and they ALWAYS have their hand out for more money....

it could maybe just a dumb idea,im not familiar with the update keycode, adn dont know when its asked for, if the unit askes for the code when you try to update, maybe its possible to go into test mode and just copy the contents of the update sd card to the right folders of the flashdisk

dont shoot me for this :D

it could maybe just a dumb idea,im not familiar with the update keycode, adn dont know when its asked for, if the unit askes for the code when you try to update, maybe its possible to go into test mode and just copy the contents of the update sd card to the right folders of the flashdisk

That is the smartest thing I've ever heard.

Well usually to enter testmode you have to have the sd card in before you boot up the unit. With that said we would have to have testmode on the update card in order to do that which doesnt seem possible.

Well usually to enter testmode you have to have the sd card in before you boot up the unit. With that said we would have to have testmode on the update card in order to do that which doesnt seem possible.

In addition, if Pioneer really wanted to be difficult :wink: , the could even store the data on the card encrypted.... However, that's just me being paranoid... :mrgreen:

You can eject the SD card and it is seen as a mass storage device. What he said is quite possible...

You can eject the SD card and it is seen as a mass storage device. What he said is quite possible...

It is also just as possible that with the upgrade AVIC will brew coffee for you...

It is also just as possible that with the upgrade AVIC will brew coffee for you...

Thanks for the intelligent contribution. Fact is... if Pioneer offered the bug fixes for free like they should... people would be less inclined to circumvent the upgrade procedure.

What if we booted in testmode, but had the updates on a USB thumb drive?

What if we booted in testmode, but had the updates on a USB thumb drive?

I would think that you could just put the files on the SD card along with the testmode files. The problem is that it seems like they've built in a way to make it so that your copy of the firmware only works on a system with your serial number.

"It will also have a security code linked to your AVIC serial number."

Someone will have to hack that system before we can just pass the files around and load them onto our F-Series. We won't know how secure they've made these files until we try. I actually don't think $70 is that bad for all the improvements you get, although I wouldn't complain if someone found a way to upgrade it for free :mrgreen:

I would think that you could just put the files on the SD card along with the testmode files. The problem is that it seems like they've built in a way to make it so that your copy of the firmware only works on a system with your serial number.

"It will also have a security code linked to your AVIC serial number."

Someone will have to hack that system before we can just pass the files around and load them onto our F-Series. We won't know how secure they've made these files until we try. I actually don't think $70 is that bad for all the improvements you get, although I wouldn't complain if someone found a way to upgrade it for free :mrgreen:

Well put! I agree!

Thanks for the intelligent contribution. Fact is... if Pioneer offered the bug fixes for free like they should... people would be less inclined to circumvent the upgrade procedure.

If you didn't engage in meaningless speculation (with some suggestions being straight out impossible), I'd be less likely to be snarky about it.

When the upgrade actually comes out, people will get to work on unlocking it. At this point we have no idea how involved unlocking the AVIC will имую Or if it will, in fact, brew coffee.