AVIC411.com

3.0 Map/Firmware update released

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did they say anything about just the firmware update without the maps?

Yeah, it's not going to happen.

It's nice to know that I have to pay more for bugs that Pioneer should have fixed prior to shipment. I paid $900 for my F90BT when it came out and its everything but "Premier" equipment.

On a side note... The iPod preouts have gone to shit and the guy at Al-Eds told me he found this issue before after I described what happens. He said I would have to send it in to Pioneer for a replacement. I wonder if I should wait to see if the replacement will come with 3.0 or not.

I have been told from pioneer customer service that this is only a map update and not firmware. here is the emails from me to pioneer customer service

--Original Message--> From: millertom01@hotmail.com> Date: 06/16/09> To: customer.support@pioneerservice.com> Subject: Warranty and Service Issues|B00002|3027402290[#1253893]> > FirstName:thomas> LastName:miller> Email:millertom01@hotmail.com> Inquiry Type:Warranty and Service Issues> lstPublishers:0002> lstTitles:B00002-Car Products-Navigation> Inquiry:I have just recently learned about plans to release a 3.0 update for the avic f90bt , I just purchased my f90bt not even a month ago, I heard there was going to be a charge for this update , I was wandering if this is true, and if it is I dont think that is very business like to charge someone that just bought your product a month ago,If i would have known you were discontiueing the f90bt I would have waited on the replacement, > Signed just a little frustrated > TOM MILLER

> Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 09:40:20 -0700> From: customer.support@pioneerservice.com> Subject: RE:Warranty and Service Issues|B00002|3027402290 [#1253893]> To: millertom01@hotmail.com> > > > Hi Mr. Miller,> > The 3.0 is a map upgrade and that is why there is a charge involved. > > > Thank You,> > Masumi> Customer Service Representative

So there isn't any software upgrade to the system? If not I dont need it I am happy with the maps.

That is correct,it is a map upgrade. Any update such as firmware update, Pioneer does not charge. If you have any questions, please contact our Navigation product support-800 421 1404 and push option 2, then 4-they can go over any op and hook up qu you have. Thank You, MasumiCustomer Service Representative --Original Message--From: millertom01@hotmail.comDate: 06/17/09To: customer.support@pioneerservice.comSubject: RE: Warranty and Service Issues|B00002|3027402290 [#1253893]

I have been told from pioneer customer service that this is only a map update and not firmware. here is the emails from me to pioneer customer service

--Original Message--> From: millertom01@hotmail.com> Date: 06/16/09> To: customer.support@pioneerservice.com> Subject: Warranty and Service Issues|B00002|3027402290[#1253893]> > FirstName:thomas> LastName:miller> Email:millertom01@hotmail.com> Inquiry Type:Warranty and Service Issues> lstPublishers:0002> lstTitles:B00002-Car Products-Navigation> Inquiry:I have just recently learned about plans to release a 3.0 update for the avic f90bt , I just purchased my f90bt not even a month ago, I heard there was going to be a charge for this update , I was wandering if this is true, and if it is I dont think that is very business like to charge someone that just bought your product a month ago,If i would have known you were discontiueing the f90bt I would have waited on the replacement, > Signed just a little frustrated > TOM MILLER

> Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 09:40:20 -0700> From: customer.support@pioneerservice.com> Subject: RE:Warranty and Service Issues|B00002|3027402290 [#1253893]> To: millertom01@hotmail.com> > > > Hi Mr. Miller,> > The 3.0 is a map upgrade and that is why there is a charge involved. > > > Thank You,> > Masumi> Customer Service Representative

So there isn't any software upgrade to the system? If not I dont need it I am happy with the maps.

That is correct,it is a map upgrade. Any update such as firmware update, Pioneer does not charge. If you have any questions, please contact our Navigation product support-800 421 1404 and push option 2, then 4-they can go over any op and hook up qu you have. Thank You, MasumiCustomer Service Representative --Original Message--From: millertom01@hotmail.comDate: 06/17/09To: customer.support@pioneerservice.comSubject: RE: Warranty and Service Issues|B00002|3027402290 [#1253893]

i don't think that those guys know what they're talking about as JASON himself was able to find this out when he was at the roadshow

so this thing is going to do what with a serial number?

it looks like pioneer is going to sell these at brick and mortar stores only. you cant tell me these guys(best buy and such) are going to be doing anything to the SD card to make it only work with your serial number.

Also my 700bt doesnt dial out or anything so there is no way pioneer is going to know if i bought the firmware or used someone elses. its not going to be like verifying my copy of windows.

i predict whatever security they build in gets hacked and uploaded to the web pretty quick.

or you can just buy it off ebay for $10.

not that i condone any of this... but paying for firmware upgrades/bug fixes is lame

it looks like pioneer is going to sell these at brick and mortar stores only. you cant tell me these guys(best buy and such) are going to be doing anything to the SD card to make it only work with your serial number.

Also my 700bt doesnt dial out or anything so there is no way pioneer is going to know if i bought the firmware or used someone elses. its not going to be like verifying my copy of windows.

i predict whatever security they build in gets hacked and uploaded to the web pretty quick.

not that i condone any of this... but paying for firmware upgrades/bug fixes is lame

it is lame, and also stupid

There will be a page on Pioneer's website. You will give it your info and serial number, and it generates an activation code for YOUR unit. Also, your not paying for bug fixes, your paying for the 2009 map licensing fee.

There will be a page on Pioneer's website. You will give it your info and serial number, and it generates an activation code for YOUR unit.

i really wish it could be bypassed