AVIC411.com

3.0 Map/Firmware update released

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would like to proceed with the group buy but the thing is were not even sure on when it would come out, so once we have a definite date then we'll go for it

not sure what you mean, if I am not mistaken, it is for sale now.

i would like to proceed with the group buy but the thing is were not even sure on when it would come out, so once we have a definite date then we'll go for it

do you know where you could get it from?

You are mistaken, unfortunately.

Hey All,

I bought my F900BT a little under two months ago for $577 from my work and a $130 to me is worth the money if it fixes all the bugs that the unit has with the ipod as well as touch screen response. I love the unit. I was using a cheap Navigon unit before this as I was in the process of buying a new truck. But even on the $99 navigon had the road signs, so I can't wait for the new update to have them back. Does anyone have any screen shots of the updated maps besides the ones of the avic-x series maps?

Hey All,

I bought my F900BT a little under two months ago for $577 from my work and a $130 to me is worth the money if it fixes all the bugs that the unit has with the ipod as well as touch screen response. I love the unit. I was using a cheap Navigon unit before this as I was in the process of buying a new truck. But even on the $99 navigon had the road signs, so I can't wait for the new update to have them back. Does anyone have any screen shots of the updated maps besides the ones of the avic-x series maps?

Good for you for getting out in time too... I had bought a Navigon 7200T ($400 unit) 2 months ago... and then Navigon FOLDED in North America. I sold that thing on Craigslist ASAP! Got back all $200 I had spent on it at least :) Using that money to buy my new F90BT :D I think it'll be worth the $130

Good for you for getting out in time too... I had bought a Navigon 7200T ($400 unit) 2 months ago... and then Navigon FOLDED in North America. I sold that thing on Craigslist ASAP! Got back all $200 I had spent on it at least :) Using that money to buy my new F90BT :D I think it'll be worth the $130

Hmmm, I though Navigon still supports their units here and will honor FreshMaps subscriptions (I have an older one, 7000 or whatever it was), even if they won't sell new ones...

Hmmm, I though Navigon still supports their units here and will honor FreshMaps subscriptions (I have an older one, 7000 or whatever it was), even if they won't sell new ones...

The devices themselves still work. But Navigon no longer has a customer service phone line in N/A, and they reply with prewritten scripts via email.

Also, I never got a chance to purchase the FreshMaps subscription, so my device was basically bricked. I couldn't update it with anything, and what's the point of holding onto a GPS device that cannot receive updated maps? lol... my side-job is secret shopper, so I need to go to all kinds of locations (around 40 different locations everyday via GPS), so I need the latest maps available. The maps that shipped with my device were outdated, even though they were from "Q3 08". Many of the addresses I attempted to visit "did not exist", yet they existed with my phone's VZNavigator.

All good reasons to sell the GPS before it lost any more value, I think 8)

The devices themselves still work. But Navigon no longer has a customer service phone line in N/A, and they reply with prewritten scripts via email.

Also, I never got a chance to purchase the FreshMaps subscription, so my device was basically bricked. I couldn't update it with anything, and what's the point of holding onto a GPS device that cannot receive updated maps? lol... my side-job is secret shopper, so I need to go to all kinds of locations (around 40 different locations everyday via GPS), so I need the latest maps available. The maps that shipped with my device were outdated, even though they were from "Q3 08". Many of the addresses I attempted to visit "did not exist", yet they existed with my phone's VZNavigator.

All good reasons to sell the GPS before it lost any more value, I think 8)

True... I got FreshMaps in time, so it's still reasonably useful when I am travelling...