AVIC411.com

3.0 Map/Firmware update released

What are the chances that the update could be 'emulated' on a pc prior to installing it to a real unit? I thought someone around here had the AVIC software running on their pc through a wince emulator. Idunno maybe it'll help figure out if testmode is disabled on this release. Where I work going from 2.0 to 3.0 in a software revision is pretty huge. We usually see 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, etc. etc.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would feel a little bit better if the site said exactly what the update does. Right now it doesn't say anything. It just has a picture of two sd cards. It's possible that the firmware update is only to accommodate the new maps. Has anyone talked with Pioneer about what exactly this is?

Dave

On the European site it gives a little bit more info....

The SD card also contains new software features, including:

• Highway signboard navigation

• Improved contrast on display

• Heading-up in 2D mode

• Faster touch panel response

http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/25/38/301/CNSD-100FM/specs.html

How the heck do we get this? Why would Pioneer post it on the site and not make it available???

I would be interested in a group buy as well. Judging from the reports that Jason gave from the road show, this is going to be a very significant update and I'm hot to get it, so I may decide not to wait and just get it myself...

Maybe Jason can give some insight as to how we can get it?

After spending 35 minutes on hold with Pioneer support, they confirmed two things: 1) the new update contains the 3.0 firmware as well as a map update, and 2) ETA is about 4 weeks, with no explanation as to why it is on the website.

US support or EU support :?:

After spending 35 minutes on hold with Pioneer support, they confirmed two things: 1) the new update contains the 3.0 firmware as well as a map update, and 2) ETA is about 4 weeks, with no explanation as to why it is on the website.

US support or EU support :?:

US support for sure, did not ask about EU. I knew I should have so I could have been more than 50% useful.

Tell me about it. I bought the F900BT TWO FREAKING DAYS ago. How pissed am I now? Should have just waited, but I'm a bit of an impulse buyer.

doubtful it would have shipped with 3.0, seeing as retailers already have the product on the shelves. I just bought my F90BT 2 days ago as well. But with the money I saved on buying it ($594 from CarToys.com), I definitely am comfortable with spending $130 on a major update :)