AVIC411.com

skip warning and nag for AVIC F900BT 4.001000 update

Yes, I have such the same problem.

when leaving the garage - often the satellites are not immediately, and the map freezes.

possible reason - igo / ezrider. I do not know.

problem has always existed, but before MAP pressed later,

so the problem was noticeable.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey carver, any chance you can take a look on "map not following the car at first start issue"? I gave the details on my post right above yours. Thanks a lot for your efforts.

Same thing happens to me, and I'm sure many others after performing this mod. At certain times, not always, the map hangs and does not follow the car until you press the map button. I guess it is just a small annoyance to live with to not see that nag screen. As I said, it happens sometimes, not all the time and I have not been able to determine the variables that cause the map to hang.

Same thing happens to me, and I'm sure many others after performing this mod. At certain times, not always, the map hangs and does not follow the car until you press the map button. I guess it is just a small annoyance to live with to not see that nag screen. As I said, it happens sometimes, not all the time and I have not been able to determine the variables that cause the map to hang.

Map hangs occur on stock unit too.

So I just read all 11 pages of this thread, and I still don't know what to do. Today I installed the Pioneer update to take my unit from 2.0 to like 2.00008 on my US F90BT, which was simply dropping in the SD card and it installed everything on it's own.

I can download this .rar file from the 1st post, but then what the heck do it do with it? Is there an actual STEP-BY-STEP of how do to this that can be added to the 1st post for true newbies like myself who come here looking for specific how-to's? Everything from a link as to where to get the software to get into the stereo, how and where to install it on the SD, when to install the SD into the stereo, where to move the old files (I assume we wanna save them for just in case) before we install the new files, etc...a true step-by-step.

Reading over these forums, it seems like a buy of people that either have a complete clue as to what they're doing, or guys like myself who come here hoping for a simple fix, but instead get confused w/ a bunch of guys talking code in their sleep ;)

EDIT - This is a PERFECT example of what I'm talking about. If anyone can copy and paste the information into this thread to make it apply for the Nag Screen, that would be awesome. Also, I have yet so see if anyone mentioned if this worked on an F90BT.

I agree.

I have read many threads on modding and hacking the AVIC units and have found these forums highly geared to the experienced programmer.

Members are largely unwilling or too busy to explain without sarcasm to newbies how to get started.

Before you point me in the direction of the pinned threads I have already looked over at them and I just must be really stupid but they might as well be written in Greek.

is there any solution to map not following the arrow issue? you know, in morning when you first start your car, it takes time to lock on to satellites and the map stays in poi mode with a crosshair as if you touched the screen. I have to press Map button to make it follow the car. otherwise it just stays there.

It worked fine for me.

Many Thanks :wink:

I agree.

I have read many threads on modding and hacking the AVIC units and have found these forums highly geared to the experienced programmer.

Members are largely unwilling or too busy to explain without sarcasm to newbies how to get started.

Before you point me in the direction of the pinned threads I have already looked over at them and I just must be really stupid but they might as well be written in Greek.

I agree as well and I now have an auto installer for my mods. Check my thread in the completed mods section.

Carver-

Any chance on doing the elevation mod hack to your files so that we can get a one stop shop for all changes? dpdurst found the code in the ezrider.exe so that elevation would show in feet as opposed to "1.1 mile" when at higher elevations.

here is the thread:

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/24974-elevation-in-feet-this-a-solution/page__p__185638__hl__elevation__fromsearch__1#entry185638

2 diaftia

I'm not the best solution.

My English is very bad, narrow interests, f900 interested rare.

As far as I know there are other changes AV.exe, which erased a message from the camera and video varningov (Video CDs) seems still has not yet been removed.

the best solution - will be a new topic, in which the moderator or supervisor will gather all these files, make clear description, and will periodically update the post.

Well we are on a local forum (4pda.ru) did so, but I'm not the person that can do it here.

sorry/

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Carver,

Don't understand what Tel.exe is suppose to fix, can you explain please?

One of the shortcoming of the Tel.exe application is where you have an extension to dial after dialing the phone number, you have to open your phone because the keypad in the AVIC is not accessible! Can you do anything about this?

Thanks.

Hey Carver,

Don't understand what Tel.exe is suppose to fix, can you explain please?

One of the shortcoming of the Tel.exe application is where you have an extension to dial after dialing the phone number, you have to open your phone because the keypad in the AVIC is not accessible! Can you do anything about this?

Thanks.

Hey, Chuck, I put this fix into my unit and it keeps the phone call window from defaulting to the map screen. This way if you are listening to music and have the AV screen up it will stay there when you are using the phone. This is nice because I do not use the nav that much and it got to be a pain in the ass every time I got a call and it shifted to the map!

Bud

Hey, Chuck, I put this fix into my unit and it keeps the phone call window from defaulting to the map screen. This way if you are listening to music and have the AV screen up it will stay there when you are using the phone. This is nice because I do not use the nav that much and it got to be a pain in the ass every time I got a call and it shifted to the map!

Bud

Thanks Bud,

That is why when sometime I receive a call, if I am not in the map screen, I don't even see the phone control screen. Guess with this fix, the call popup will pop in any screen, and remains there.

Please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

Do you have the same problem without access to the dialpad during a call?

Thanks.

Thanks Bud,

That is why when sometime I receive a call, if I am not in the map screen, I don't even see the phone control screen. Guess with this fix, the call popup will pop in any screen, and remains there.

Please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

Do you have the same problem without access to the dialpad during a call?

Thanks.

I dunno...I don't use the dialpad as I dial from my phone. I'll try it and let ya know.

Bud

Silly question, how DID you access the dailpad before?? because I never used it anyway. Did you press on something?

Thanx,

Bud

You can't open the dialpad during a call (very inconvenient!!!, Pioneer sucks!!!), for example, to dial a extension.

To use the dialpad to dial a call, you can open the phone menu, MENU->PHONE->DIALPAD.