AVIC411.com

My new 3.0 impressions

I had an old Eclipse unit in 06, my first navi. It was solid and sounded great, no glitches or lag. But unfortunately it got outdated fast as it did not have blue tooth, and it operated on a navi DVD, no TTS. I haven’t heard any noise from there new unit the AVN726E so hopefully they have gotten there act together it looks like sweet got all the bells and whistles one would want in a navi. But beware I heard a rumor that they may be going under.

Thanks, I have actually been eying the older Eclipse units, but all the external boxes turned me off.. bluetooth, nav, etc.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shouldnt throw stones in glass houses my friend.

Ok Mr 1337 .ini Hacker.

Sell the unit and move on.

We get it.

I am putting it up on ebay as I type. Don't worry you wont have to read any more about all the flaws in your precious AVIC from me any more. At least not from me.

Searching through your history, I dont even see so much as a .ini hack - one that many members have used and benefited from might I add. Stay classy.

finally.. it's only taken you almost a year.

you've never been happy with the avic. and you're entitled to your own opinion. if you had sold this or returned it within 2 months then that would've been the end of it. Instead you decided to hold onto to it for almost a year and subject the rest of us to your constant rants.

if you're not happy. sell it. don't buy pioneer again. but honestly, almost a year later and you still own it? That's on you buddy.

But you will see soon enough that you wasted money on the upgrade, and got screwed in the process.

Is 3.0 really that bad? You're making me wonder if I should have my $60 refunded.

My honest to God impression is that the ONLY fix is the faster buttons. They ARE much better, I wont lie. But thats it. And thats a free fix if you search here. Its a bit complicated, but certainly free and not worth 60 bucks.

Immediately after the second time I turned the system on it started giving me voice directions, and I had NEVER set a route!!!

finally.. it's only taken you almost a year.

you've never been happy with the avic. and you're entitled to your own opinion. if you had sold this or returned it within 2 months then that would've been the end of it. Instead you decided to hold onto to it for almost a year and subject the rest of us to your constant rants.

if you're not happy. sell it. don't buy pioneer again. but honestly, almost a year later and you still own it? That's on you buddy.

You got me there. No excuse, I have hated this thing since week one. Why I kept it so long I can't say. I was holding out hope Pioneer would fix it, then the resale price fell like a rock, and I felt stuck with it. I finally decided to just drop it.

But for all the people who hate my rants, this is a forum for the AVIC units, its not a butt kissing forum for Pioneer, people should actually listen to my complaints, they are all legitimate, and maybe suggest to Pioneer en masse to actually FIX the damned thing the way they should, free of charge, and these rants also would have ended long ago.

But you will see soon enough that you wasted money on the upgrade, and got screwed in the process.

Is 3.0 really that bad? You're making me wonder if I should have my $60 refunded.

My honest to God impression is that the ONLY fix is the faster buttons. They ARE much better, I wont lie. But thats it. And thats a free fix if you search here. Its a bit complicated, but certainly free and not worth 60 bucks.

Immediately after the second time I turned the system on it started giving me voice directions, and I had NEVER set a route!!!

To be honest it sounds like you have a buggy unit period. I don't have any problems what so ever! And from reading posts some people are pretty happy while others bitch that things are going wrong. Maybe the people that are having problems like you should just do a total wipeout and reflash everything. There could be some faulty software for some reason.

To be honest it sounds like you have a buggy unit period. I don't have any problems what so ever! And from reading posts some people are pretty happy while others bitch that things are going wrong. Maybe the people that are having problems like you should just do a total wipeout and reflash everything. There could be some faulty software for some reason.

I did do a total wipeout. My problems are not unique either. Why some people don't seem to mind (or notice) the problems, I don't know. One guy even told me once that he never had any problems with his, even though he didnt use bluetooth or NAV or ipod. Well DUH if you don't use it, you wont experience the bugs!

I would admit that maybe mine is buggy, maybe others are buggy also, but I dont think so, I have seen videos online, and I have been on the forum since before the AVIC-F was released and I have seen plenty of people with the same (and other) problems.

Anyway you can post the 3.0 for us to try out. I would really like to see what it's going to do to the unit before they actually charge me. I don't care about the map update I wanted the bug fixes more than anything! I'm ok with the unit and what it can do. The ipod works well for me and the bluetooth is soft but I ride my motorcycle more often than not. The GPS, I haven't had 1 issue with it since start up. I didn't know there was a night mode, haha, my bad.

Either way... any chance we can get a chance to try this 3.0 out.

For the best and only real fix in the 3.0 update - just update WinCE for free and legitimately (at your own risk of course)

1. Download the 3.0101 update here: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... port?tab=B

2. copy the WINCEIMG.bin and WINCEIMG.cks from the zip file onto formatted SD card or USB thumbdrive.

3. Disconnect any USB connections connected to your unit (Ipod, USB drive). Power it up.

4. When the pioneer logo comes up, press and hold the menu, map, eject and the reset button at the same time. When you hear a pop sound from your speakers, let go of the eject button but continue to hold menu, reset and map buttons. This will bring you to a blue screen where you will have to enter the service combination. Press the volume knob in this sequence and you will see * signs for each push: Up, Up, Down, Menu, Left, Right.

5. Once there, go to the option that says Update WinCE. Be careful with not to press the knob while trying to move up and down, or you might press the wrong choice by accident.

6. Insert the SD card or USB thumbdrive that has WINCEIMG.bin and WINCEIMG.cks on it

7. Select Update using SD/USB (*WITHOUT FORMATTING*) option.

8. Wait for the update to finish. When the prompt says to restart your unit, take out the SD, and enjoy faster button presses.

Props to GCL915, adamdenterkin,Retell and others for this (I compressed it to just do the Windows update).

If you somehow *magically* find the 3.0 software lying on the side of the road as I did, then go ahead and:

1. Download the 3.0101 update here: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... port?tab=B

2. copy the WINCEIMG.bin and WINCEIMG.cks from the zip file onto formatted SD card or USB thumbdrive.

3. Disconnect any USB connections connected to your unit (Ipod, USB drive). Power it up.

4. When the pioneer logo comes up, press and hold the menu, map, eject and the reset button at the same time. When you hear a pop sound from your speakers, let go of the eject button but continue to hold menu, reset and map buttons. This will bring you to a blue screen where you will have to enter the service combination. Press the volume knob in this sequence and you will see * signs for each push: Up, Up, Down, Menu, Left, Right.

5. Once there, go to the option that says Update WinCE. Be careful with not to press the knob while trying to move up and down, or you might press the wrong choice by accident.

6. Insert the SD card or USB thumbdrive that has WINCEIMG.bin and WINCEIMG.cks on it

7. Select Update using SD/USB (*FORMATT*) option.

8. Wait for the update to finish. When the prompt says to restart your unit, take out the SD insert the testmode 2.3 SD card (download/file.php?id=7376) copy the actual testmode folder (not just its contents) to an SD card.

9. When in windows testmode, plug in the USB drive with the backup you downloaded in Step 1.

10. Go to start, control panel, Storage.

11. Unmount FlashDisk, and press FORMAT.

12. Once formatted, create a new partition and call it part0. Mount it back up.

13. Copy ALL files from USB drive backup to FlashDisk This should take about 40 min or so

14. Take out any SD cards from the unit and reboot.

For the best and only real fix in the 3.0 update - just update WinCE for free and legitimately (at your own risk of course)

7. Select Update using SD/USB (*WITHOUT FORMATTING*) option.

8. Wait for the update to finish. When the prompt says to restart your unit, take out the SD, and enjoy faster button presses.

Props to GCL915, adamdenterkin,Retell and others for this (I compressed it to just do the Windows update).

Thank you! I assume that I can do this via mac since it is a down load to SD card and I'm not actually manipulating anything else.

Also, ignore my PM about sourcing this for me.

I'd still would love to try the pioneer 3.0 though :lol:

I assume this is the 3.0 that was downloaded from Pioneer's site (through browsing not from the legit link)?

Don't know if it's been discussed yet but I'm tired of digging though all the BS threads and search is becoming useless on this subject but what makes people think this is the final release (serious question, I'm not bitching at tacomaboy)?

Not saying it isn't but I'll wait for my copy to arrive first. I'm happy enough with the unit, the button response will be a nice fix and I really hope they improve the shitty bluetooth the rest I can live with. I guess I just expect less now since I've bought a ton of all-in-one devices (phones, PDA, HU's, etc) and everyone of them had a forum just like this one.

Either way best of luck to ya!

This afternoon I did the 3.0 update. I downloaded it from the pioneer site. Followed the instructs as on several threads, and I agree, yes the actions are faster. The screens that have the scroll bar on the side now scroll instead of having to tap, tap, tap. There may be problems, and some things are not the best, but overall, I think this is a fine unit. I love the fact that some enterprising individuals have found ways to make it better. Those who are still trying, thanks.

Woah woah woah. You need to get your facts straight man. The 3.0 Update isn't even released yet. It's a combination of new maps and firmware. Whatever method you used to hack the 3.0 from the X Series isn't going to work correctly.