AVIC411.com

3.0 Modding: Thoughts & Ideas

Question...

I want to hide the AV title bar (song title bar) at the bottom of the map screen at all times but keep the street name bar. Where can I find the code for the AV title bar? What is the script/layer name for the AV title bar?

Thanks!

Have you tried clicking on the little arrow at the end of it? Or reading the owner's manual where it mentions it?

No, I don't want to temporarily hide it. When you press the arrow, that only hides the bar until the next power cycle. The next time the unit turns on, the bar is right back where I don't want it. I am looking to remove the bar completely (like when the audio is OFF) and permanently.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would it be possible to increase the Z value of the street name label/background so that it covers the AV title bar but not the AV input and album cover art?

Maybe if I increase the road name background and icon to a much higher Z?

Also increase the fonts Z so it is higher than the background?

;route name and housenumber(next and the third road name)

I'll do some experimenting and report my findings.

i think this would be handled in clip planes as that's what controls it in 8.0

Very much doubt it. Song title is not output by iGO, it is overlayed by system software on top of anything iGO outputs, so I do not think it can be hacked by anything internal to the Navi part of the unit...

i think this would be handled in clip planes as that's what controls it in 8.0

Very much doubt it. Song title is not output by iGO, it is overlayed by system software on top of anything iGO outputs, so I do not think it can be hacked by anything internal to the Navi part of the unit...

ooohhh, AV input, i thought it was regarding the street names in 3d, hehehe, too much reading of bits and pieces got me confused,

I have a question... Which line in the sys text do I need to edit to see more of the background? I put a modded sys text in, but alot of the sky mod is cut off. I would like to get it to tilt more foward, I have the max tilt level set at 10000 right now.

here is my sys.txt

Also for the modders, I still can't figure out the sun thing. I have the moon on there at all times. I still think there is some code missing to get it to show. Anyone else see the sun? It isn't a big deal, but just bothersome when something doesn't work right

sys.txt

Thanks, yeah, my moon moves all around as I make turns, but it never leaves the screen. In fact, even on the pictures on the first page of euros, the moon is there, the sun isn't. I even changed my sun picture to the one that is brightest, and I also turned on the day view at night to get a better look without the real sun glaring off the deck, and I still dont' see anything.

Thanks, yeah, my moon moves all around as I make turns, but it never leaves the screen. In fact, even on the pictures on the first page of euros, the moon is there, the sun isn't. I even changed my sun picture to the one that is brightest, and I also turned on the day view at night to get a better look without the real sun glaring off the deck, and I still dont' see anything.

Ya i'm not really sure what the bmp's for the sun really do. It's my impression that whatever the bmp picture has in it is what will show. Thats why the moon shows and just rotates directions.

• 2 weeks later...
I have a question... Which line in the sys text do I need to edit to see more of the background? I put a modded sys text in, but alot of the sky mod is cut off. I would like to get it to tilt more foward, I have the max tilt level set at 10000 right now.

here is my sys.txt

Also for the modders, I still can't figure out the sun thing. I have the moon on there at all times. I still think there is some code missing to get it to show. Anyone else see the sun? It isn't a big deal, but just bothersome when something doesn't work right

Well, I saw the sun on my GPS for the first time today, for about 1 second. So I know it is there.

Funny too though, I had two moons when I switched over to night. One was a low full moon that appeared as the sun did, quickly and shortly, and that same time, the moon that si always present (quarter moon high in the sky) was there too.

Any ideas on how this may be the case?

Running IDT data and pioneer blue day and night

That's annoying. I'll see if I can disassemble some of the .exe's and comb through some assembly code and see if I can find anything useful. Does anybody know where I can obtain a copy of IDA Pro 5.5? The 5.4 demo is extremely annoying and the 4.9 free version can't disassemble the ARM executables/DLL's (PM me).

Also, what's the easiest way to make my map icons (2D/3D/NorthUp and the other button under that one) semi-transparent (about 50% transparent)? Can I just change the alpha levels in navigatemap_800_480.ui?

For the map icons that's exactly what you do but in navigatemap.ui

eurotuner29 - I'm trying to figure out how to make the buttons on the navigatemap_800_480.ui switch between opaque and semi-transparent. I came accross a mod for version 2.0 that did this (I think it was another users twist on Stanislavovich's mod). i.e. the buttons are semi-transparent until you touch the screen and then they turn opaque for 5 seconds or so. Is this what you were making reference to in the above post? I came across