AVIC411.com

AVIC Z110BT Bypass?

I struggled with this for a couple of days. I kept getting that the system detected that the parking brake wire was connected improperly yada yada yada.... and I lost video, advanced menus etc after i started driving.

After days or wiring and rewiring i found out that when I removed the Yellow/Black wire, I slightly enlarged the hole in the mute wire pin. To fix it, i just grabbed some needle nose pliers and GENTLY compressed it, and slid it back into the harness. VIOLA!!!! No more errors! Took it for a test spin and was still watching The Hangover at 165MPH!!!!

Hey, gotta test it right?

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll just have to use a different wire. Doesn't matter which one it is, most people don't have onstar so its a popular choice

Hi all, I am new here, loving my z110bt, and have a nube question in ref to the bypass setup. I must be completely dense as I do not understand how this works; to use a different wire other than the yellow mute wire, or even use a cut wire with a connector pin on it from another harness (as suggested in this thread) if this wire being put in place does not go back to the radio????? How can putting a pin in the prescribed location and grounding it, cause any change to the radio if the wire attached to the pin does not have a connection to the radio? What am I missing here?

I am very interested in understanding this as I want to enable the bypass but do not want to use the mute wire as I do have OnStar and I don't want to use a "different" wire from the harness as I am making use of all the features of the z110bt. Oh, I don't have a spare pin to use as I am sure someone will suggest, so what are my options? Can I break off a piece of a staple in that pin slot?

Thanx in advance, and I am looking forward to learning lots from this forum.

-JohnW

if this wire being put in place does not go back to the radio????? How can putting a pin in the prescribed location and grounding it, cause any change to the radio if the wire attached to the pin does not have a connection to the radio?

Who said it doesn't go back to the radio? :roll: Just use another wire and follow the directions in the instructions.

Surely you have a wire that you're not using....

Not many vehicles now-a-days, have electric antennas.... does yours? If not... Use the blue electric antenna wire...

Do you have an aftermarket amp? If not... use the amp turn on(remote) wire.... if you do, use one of the speaker wires that you're not using...

I could be wrong, but I believe all the pins are the same...regardless which harness you steal it from...

WOW, quick responses, THANX! And good suggestions, but.... I am using all the speaker wires, front, rear, sub. I do have an aftermarket amp, so need the remote turn on. I am using the blue wire to switch on the powered antenna, not one that goes up/down :D What other wires are left?

Here is what is confusing me;

If you have an extra harness with the same size pins, just use one of those wires with the pin already attached and make sure it seats properly in the hole

Where does the wire go (to the radio) if it is being borrowed from another harness? I understand all the grounding steps, and I truly want to make this easy, it's just that having a little background in electronics, this config has me very confused :cry:

If in fact your scenarios are in play...Yes, you could use either of the "unused" wires that you mentioned (Remote Amp, Power Antennae)....The pins are the same and could be used INSTEAD of actually trying to move the "Mute" wire that everyone speaks of in the bypass..

There is a video on Youtube that calls attention to this...Soundman CarAudio shows the bypass for both the Z110BT and Z120BT units as the bypass is exactly the same. However, I call attention to the video shot for the Z120BT because as you will see, he ends up breaking the pin on the yellow mute wire trying to get it out. He goes on to mention in the video that they just used another wire w/pin from the harness that were not using..

He finishes the video out by showing how the Bypass Wire, Ground Wire, and Parking Break wire are all tied together to complete the assembly....I will mention that if you intend on using the "Ground" wire from the associated harness that you get for your make of car, you will have to add that to the bunch...So Bypass Wire/Pioneer Ground Wire/Parking Break Wire/Factory Harness Ground Wire all tied together...This is obviously an "As Opposed To" wiring if you are not searching to ground the Pioneer head unit directly to the chassis along with the others...

Here's the Soundman vid link...Only argument here is whether or not you cut the channel or try and get the pin out using other methods I have seen mentioned....

I am using the blue wire to switch on the powered antenna, not one that goes up/down

If your vehicle does not have an antenna amp then you should not need that wire.

I have a '09 Z06 Corvette, which does have an antenna amp to power the diversity antenna, so I AM using the blue wire.

He's referring to spare harness that your not using just lying around the house. Get a wire from somewhere and follow the bypass instructions.

VBLUE42, I truly appreciate your responses, but I am just not getting it, what a dope I am :oops:

So is the end result to have 'a' wire from that connector grounded, any wire, does not matter which one? So I can use the Rear Monitor Output Video RCA wire???

Can I just add a wire to that connection point without popping any of the other wires out and follow the directions listed above to make this work? I have another harness I can probably scavenge one of those metal pins from.

if this wire being put in place does not go back to the radio????? How can putting a pin in the prescribed location and grounding it, cause any change to the radio if the wire attached to the pin does not have a connection to the radio?

Who said it doesn't go back to the radio? :roll: Just use another wire and follow the directions in the instructions.

So where does the wire that Scpinto is going to scavenge from a different harness to add to the harness he IS going to use get wired to on the radio :?::?::?:

Any wire will work except the RCA wires. Also most antenna amps only amplify the AM signal. If you never use AM, you might want to think about using the antenna turn on wire. I would connect the antenna and not connect the turn on wire and see what happens.

So where does the wire that Scpinto is going to scavenge from a different harness to add to the harness he IS going to use get wired to on the radio :?::?::?:

What??? Dude! Stop making this harder then it is. Just find a wire or don't do the bypass.