AVIC411.com

Keeper 3.0 Mod - 07-29-09 UPDATE

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For Keeper, IDT, and CMH:

Please give us your 2.0 mod packs in 3.0.

My device works faster, but the map is dull gray, my buttons aren't across the top, my unit won't display speed or altitude on the main screen.

Paypal ready, just give us the IDT4.2 for 3.0 . Please....

CMH = gone

It's not as easy as you thing to "give" you guys mods... give me a million dollars and I'll give you mods... thats the same type of request.

Exactly! The issue is people using the mods, that are generously given, and haven't done their homework and do not know how to apply them properly. CMH = gone? :lol: Trust me he's still around but just not giving his stuff away anymore. As for IDT He will be working on the new 3.0 data.zip as soon as he gets his car back and probably generously posting that for people as well.

I don't mind requests (although I ignore most of them, because I make it the way I want my unit) the one thing that bugs me is when people make requests for very simple stuff. Such as semi transparent buttons, that is something you can do in about 5 mins in any graphics program (there are free ones out there). So that means you are just being lazy.

An example of how it should work is Euro's radio sits at a different level than mine so he was having a hard time seeing the top bar. So instead of bitching about it he went in and changed a couple y values and now it works great. That kind of comment and response makes me want to keep adding to the community.

I understand that it can be intimidating to go into the .ui files and change stuff but it is that way for all of us. Sometimes I get very confused as to why my unit keeps rebooting, then I have to go back and figure it out.

Small rant over...

On a side note I have a pretty cool quick launch menu just about done. So I will be posting that in a couple days.

I have tried a number of times to change the ini file so the brake stays off, (256 instead of 16), but I must be zipping it wit h incorrect settings on 7zip, because when after I copy the zip file, my gps keeps rebooting. What are the correct 7zip settings?

you shouldnt need any settings in 7zip. After you edit the file it should prompt you are you shore you want to change this or something to that effect and 7zip should do it automatically. I have modified this file and it is about a simple as things can be, once done click SAVE on the .ini file screen then hit backwards till you go all the way back to the data.zip screen on 7zips window.

Also for those asking to add the speed-cam mod here are the steps.

Download the speedcam mods data zip on that page. open both data.zips in 7zip. In the speedcams modified DATA.zip navigate to ui_pioneer > common > ui. Then navigate in keepers modded DATA.zip to the same exact place. Go back to the speedcam data.zip and click and drag place.ui into the Keepers Mod it will ask if you want to copy click yes. it will take about 30 seconds. Now do this same process of dragging for setting.ui and for speedcam.ui. Now hitting the back button on Keepers mod till it shows the data.zip. Upload testmode, all the files needed for speedcam mod and keepers mod and place them where they belong and you are done.

CMH = gone

It's not as easy as you thing to "give" you guys mods... give me a million dollars and I'll give you mods... thats the same type of request.

CMH posted on here like 2 days ago. I am sure he is still on the forum and when people have a question he can answer he does. But he is prob done sharing all his hard work because people are too lazy to try and figure out answers to any of their own questions. Granted I still have questions but I at least attempt to do stuff before I ask a question.

I don't mind requests (although I ignore most of them, because I make it the way I want my unit) the one thing that bugs me is when people make requests for very simple stuff. Such as semi transparent buttons, that is something you can do in about 5 mins in any graphics program (there are free ones out there). So that means you are just being lazy.

An example of how it should work is Euro's radio sits at a different level than mine so he was having a hard time seeing the top bar. So instead of bitching about it he went in and changed a couple y values and now it works great. That kind of comment and response makes me want to keep adding to the community.

I understand that it can be intimidating to go into the .ui files and change stuff but it is that way for all of us. Sometimes I get very confused as to why my unit keeps rebooting, then I have to go back and figure it out.

Small rant over...

On a side note I have a pretty cool quick launch menu just about done. So I will be posting that in a couple days.

omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg!!! posT PLEASE I'll GIVE YOU MY FIRST BORN FOR THAT QUICK LAUNCH...

sorry... I had to! :lol:

Yea, I did some modding a while back, I didnt mind doing it as long as people didnt abuse the privlage and take advantage... its a community and people help each other out... but there's always that 4000 users that sign up make one post saying "omg, hu dead, I load your version of avic and you broke my unit, fix now or die with a mighty wrath of my mind"

you shouldnt need any settings in 7zip. After you edit the file it should prompt you are you shore you want to change this or something to that effect and 7zip should do it automatically. I have modified this file and it is about a simple as things can be, once done click SAVE on the .ini file screen then hit backwards till you go all the way back to the data.zip screen on 7zips window.

Also for those asking to add the speed-cam mod here are the steps.

Download the speedcam mods data zip on that page. open both data.zips in 7zip. In the speedcams modified DATA.zip navigate to ui_pioneer > common > ui. Then navigate in keepers modded DATA.zip to the same exact place. Go back to the speedcam data.zip and click and drag place.ui into the Keepers Mod it will ask if you want to copy click yes. it will take about 30 seconds. Now do this same process of dragging for setting.ui and for speedcam.ui. Now hitting the back button on Keepers mod till it shows the data.zip. Upload testmode, all the files needed for speedcam mod and keepers mod and place them where they belong and you are done.

Thank you for this info. I will transfer those ui files.

Thank you for this info. I will transfer those ui files.

No worries just trying to give back a bit... I know a couple people were asking for it and I am a teacher and have summers off so am now starting to try and do some of my own fiddling.

For Keeper, IDT, and CMH:

Please give us your 2.0 mod packs in 3.0.

My device works faster, but the map is dull gray, my buttons aren't across the top, my unit won't display speed or altitude on the main screen.

Paypal ready, just give us the IDT4.2 for 3.0 . Please....

patience my friend, just need to get my car back