AVIC411.com

Keeper 3.0 Mod - 07-29-09 UPDATE

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if Im doing something wrong. Ive been modding my f900 for over a year. But when I download this zip, it appears to be an invalid zip file. Winzip doesnt like it, Winrar doesnt recognize it as a valid archive, nor does 7zip.

Ive tried downloading several times from different internet connections with the same result.

Am I missing something?

I'd love to put this to the test.

Thanks.

Awesome work. Just tried this in the driveway, didn't have a chance to go take it for a spin. I was very much missing the shortcuts after upgrading to 3.0.

Keeper did you also include the street number mod? If not I'll muck around and see if I can get it working. I found myself staring at houses today instead of looking on-screen trying to find a local business by street # without keying it in. This is one I definitely missed.

PM me you email if you want a paypal donation. Happy to do it. This rocks.

Just one thing I noticed you can no longer use the House with the green curving line to get info around your destination. You use to be able to click with the cursor on a spot on the map and then click that but and safe the point as anything you wanted or get info about that spot.

After noticing this I came on here again to look at what each button meant and I didn't see one on there for info button. If it wouldnt be too much trouble to add that back or let me know which .ui I need to edit to get it back under the drop down that would be great.

This mod is really cool, especially quick menus! I'd like to use this as "template" when making my first mod, which will be european mod, therefore I can remove f.ex. MSN Direct functions from quick menus. I'm trying to locate code for quick menus in .ui-files using names of image files that keeper has used in quickmenus, but I cant find those images! F.ex. image that is used as drop-down-arrow. Also image used in menu 4 (MSN), I found one image which looks like that (746_32K_MN-794_32b.bmp) but cant find any reference to that file in any of .ui -files! What am I doing wrong?

Also I cant open lot of those .bmp-files with any of image viewing programs I tried, is it normal, are they actually images or something else?

This mod is really cool, especially quick menus! I'd like to use this as "template" when making my first mod, which will be european mod, therefore I can remove f.ex. MSN Direct functions from quick menus. I'm trying to locate code for quick menus in .ui-files using names of image files that keeper has used in quickmenus, but I cant find those images! F.ex. image that is used as drop-down-arrow. Also image used in menu 4 (MSN), I found one image which looks like that (746_32K_MN-794_32b.bmp) but cant find any reference to that file in any of .ui -files! What am I doing wrong?

Also I cant open lot of those .bmp-files with any of image viewing programs I tried, is it normal, are they actually images or something else?

Almost all of the code for the quick menu is in navigatemap_800_480.ui and right near the top so you should be able to find it pretty easy. All of the images i have created are in data\ui_pioneer\800_480 and have a k_ in front of them.

Good luck modding and please post any cool changes you come up with. Oh and you should not have to decompress any of the images I used.

Just one thing I noticed you can no longer use the House with the green curving line to get info around your destination. You use to be able to click with the cursor on a spot on the map and then click that but and safe the point as anything you wanted or get info about that spot.

After noticing this I came on here again to look at what each button meant and I didn't see one on there for info button. If it wouldnt be too much trouble to add that back or let me know which .ui I need to edit to get it back under the drop down that would be great.

I made a version with a button in the POI section that has the functionality you are talking about. It is kind of a small change so once I come up with some more changes I will be sure to post an updated zip.

8)Or you can try it yourself, which I strongly recommend. 8)

Open navigatemap_800_480.ui and change the following code/layer from this

to this

If you look carefully you are adding an extra button to each expandable menu, one while navigating and one while NOT navigating.

and add the .bmp file attached here to data\ui_pioneer\800_480

It will be a good chance to get your feet wet with modding. If you can figure out how to do this you will be able to figure out everything I have done so far (well with a little more digging around).

k_but_poi_info.zip

I made a version with a button in the POI section that has the functionality you are talking about. It is kind of a small change so once I come up with some more changes I will be sure to post an updated zip.

8)Or you can try it yourself, which I strongly recommend. 8)

Open navigatemap_800_480.ui and change the following code/layer

to this

and add the .bmp file attached here to data\ui_pioneer\800_480

[attachment=0]k_but_poi_info.zip[/attachment]

It will be a good chance to get your feet wet with modding. If you can figure out how to do this you will be able to figure out everything I have done so far (well with a little more digging around).

Thanks so much this is exactly what I was looking to learn to do today!!!

Thanks for this after doing it I now have this option back. Quick side note, in your coding you added the button to pop up twice when not in route (once in the correct location and once where it is suppose to be when you are in route). Then when you are in route it doesnt come up at all. I will look through your code and attempt to change it.

Thanks for this after doing it I now have this option back. Quick side note, in your coding you added the button to pop up twice when not in route (once in the correct location and once where it is suppose to be when you are in route). Then when you are in route it doesnt come up at all. I will look through your code and attempt to change it.

You need to get rid of the ! infront of "navigation.has_route" in one of the lines so it looks like this: