AVIC411.com

IDT skin#1 v5.5 03/02/10 9download link to be updated)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, i try to install 3D car :

"the car images are still there and you just have to rename them to daycar.bmp and nightcar.bmp in the common folder"

Can you give me the method to do that ?

can you give me the text i must replace please ..thanks

:wink:

1)extract the data.zip

2)go to data/ui_pioneer/common folder

3)rename daycar.bmp to daycar2.bmp,

4)rename nightcar.bmp to nightcar2.bmp

5)rename daycar.bmp1 to daycar.bmp

6)rename nightcar.bmp1 to nightcar.bmp

7)rezip the data folder and you're done

I just installed v3.5 and everything looks good so far. Will take me a little time to get used to all the operation changes. I stuck with 3.5 for now to keep the MSN Direct functionality.

One thing right off that I can't find (I've searched everywhere I think).... How do you change the Navi voice selection? I can't find any voices to choose from or where you even select them. The default voice is fine, but is it TTS?

Thanks... Great Mod.

I just installed v3.5 and everything looks good so far. Will take me a little time to get used to all the operation changes. I stuck with 3.5 for now to keep the MSN Direct functionality.

One thing right off that I can't find (I've searched everywhere I think).... How do you change the Navi voice selection? I can't find any voices to choose from or where you even select them. The default voice is fine, but is it TTS?

Thanks... Great Mod.

go to the main menu screen, click settings, then click system settings and then language

Thanks IDT for your great mods, especially for euro versions, which surely cause you lot of extra work! I will soon send you some cash for all your hard work. Your mod is nearly perfect, there's only two things I'm missing from your mods (I can propably add these by myself too): house numbers and different type of arrow showing route when navigating.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=26379&start=30

House number view in this mod is really useful, so maybe you will add similar function to your mod, too? Also, I tried this mod on my AVIC and although route arrow in screenshots of that thread is similar with route arrow in your mod, route arrow looked like this in my AVIC:

4801734.jpg

So I'm wondering how to change route arrow to look like that?

That example picture I posted is not from my avic, just example to show what type of route arrow I had with Sven's mod.

the house numbers are included in the data.zip, pressing the current street will show the housenumbers and pressing the housenumbers will hide it

Thanks. I can't believe I missed that. I had gone through the setup screen multiple times looking for it. I guess it's just not something that I change very often.

In my previous mod that I was using with version 2(and I can't even remember which one I was using), there were updated voice files that made the speech sound slightly more real, and the voice file was just over 2mb compared to the current one which I believe is under 100k, not sure on that. If I copy the voice file over the current, should that work fine?

It also appears that the boot screen is the same custom screen from the last mod. Apparently it's not stored in the "My Flash Disk" folder as I replaced that whole folder during the 3.0 upgrade. I would like to also keep the previous modded selection screen (where you select Destination, Contacts, or Audio). Is that a simple file, or is that included in the data.zip file?

Thanks again! This is one awesome mod for 3.0.

Oh one BIG question on a feature that I've been wanting since the beginning. Is it possible to create a "detour" option? I also have a Garmin Nuvi and one useful feature is when you get caught in traffic, especially accidents, the Nuvi has a feature that allows you to press a "Detour" button and it will recalculate a path around your current path. It usually tries to bring you out on the same road maybe 10 or 15 miles further down. This is very useful for when the MSN Direct is out of service area. Any type of option for that on the Avic? I know you can set it to avoid a road, but I don't necessarily want to avoid the road forever... just enough to get around the tied up traffic.

Thanks... Great Mod.

go to the main menu screen, click settings, then click system settings and then language

Thanks. I can't believe I missed that. I had gone through the setup screen multiple times looking for it. I guess it's just not something that I change very often.

In my previous mod that I was using with version 2(and I can't even remember which one I was using), there were updated voice files that made the speech sound slightly more real, and the voice file was just over 2mb compared to the current one which I believe is under 100k, not sure on that. If I copy the voice file over the current, should that work fine?

It also appears that the boot screen is the same custom screen from the last mod. Apparently it's not stored in the "My Flash Disk" folder as I replaced that whole folder during the 3.0 upgrade. I would like to also keep the previous modded selection screen (where you select Destination, Contacts, or Audio). Is that a simple file, or is that included in the data.zip file?

Thanks again! This is one awesome mod for 3.0.

not sure if you could use the TTS file from the 2.0

Oh one BIG question on a feature that I've been wanting since the beginning. Is it possible to create a "detour" option? I also have a Garmin Nuvi and one useful feature is when you get caught in traffic, especially accidents, the Nuvi has a feature that allows you to press a "Detour" button and it will recalculate a path around your current path. It usually tries to bring you out on the same road maybe 10 or 15 miles further down. This is very useful for when the MSN Direct is out of service area. Any type of option for that on the Avic? I know you can set it to avoid a road, but I don't necessarily want to avoid the road forever... just enough to get around the tied up traffic.

kinda like road blocking feature, this mod has it

I guess I'm the only one with this problem.

I'm going to reinstall the 3.0 update via the x910 My Flash Disk and testmode.

Then I'll install IDT 4.0 and see what happens. Weird. I think it has to do with day/night and 3d color schemes....

I had the same problem. But don't think it was the same problem as you said you completely deleted your flashdisc. I did not and had old schemes. Very bad things....

IDT,

quick question ? I'm still running 3.0 v4beta , everything was working And fine STILL is but I noticed that as soon as I add the speedcam.txt file boot time was much slower , streets on nav show up later then before . Everything is pretty much perfect but them to items . Any reason it might of got slower? I restarted the unit to see if that helped but it stayed the same .

IDT,

quick question ? I'm still running 3.0 v4beta , everything was working And fine STILL is but I noticed that as soon as I add the speedcam.txt file boot time was much slower , streets on nav show up later then before . Everything is pretty much perfect but them to items . Any reason it might of got slower? I restarted the unit to see if that helped but it stayed the same .

the first time you add a speedcam.txt file the boot time would take longer as the text file gets converted to a spud file that the unit can read, although after that the boot up should remain the same, try deleting the save folder and see if that helps