AVIC411.com

IDT skin#1 v5.5 03/02/10 9download link to be updated)

I would prefer a voice warning with the speed limit mentioned rather than a beep, but I believe that is very difficult to achieve.

when i thought about it if ever i make a voice warning option when over the speedlimit it will behave strangely that you'll hear it over and over again overlapping each other, so let's your over the speedlimit what it'll do is call the spoken warning and announce it but after the first word is announce it will announce it again and after the first word on the 2nd announcement is not even done it will announce it again and will only stop when you stick to the speedlimit

The mobile camera situation is different. Here in the UK they are often over Motorways or Dual carriageways where I could well be slighly over the limit as (like most people) I cruise at over 70 on a these when it is clear. So I don't want a warning in those cases as there are so many in-active locations that it would become very irritating. I also understand that they set the bar quite high on those so that unless you are over 80 mph they don't bother.

I have decided that my solution is to remove the mobile cameras (type 5) completely from my speedcam database. There are so many false alarms with them and, while I might miss seeing a fixed speed camera hidden behind a roadsign, I reckon if I don't spot a big white camera van, I probably shouldn't be driving anyway!

so you're saying that even if the warning beeps are turned off there's still a moobile beep, could yo uplease calrify as this would be a bug,

No, there is no bug, it all works as expected. With the beep turned off I get no beeps for any type of camera, with it turned on I get it for all cameras. What I was saying was that I want a beep for over limit on fixed cameras but not for mobile ones, so I got this effect by removing all mobile cameras from my database.

You are right about the repeating warning if the over limit warning was speech rather than a beep. I actually have tried it myself by replacing my overspeed.wav with a voice file that says "speed camera". It does repeat if I approach a camera over the limit, but I am actually quite happy with it, as it is immediately obvious what the warning is about.

I am now totally happy with the way it all works, anything else would just be creeping perfection. Thanks again for all of your efforts and patience.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would prefer a voice warning with the speed limit mentioned rather than a beep, but I believe that is very difficult to achieve.

when i thought about it if ever i make a voice warning option when over the speedlimit it will behave strangely that you'll hear it over and over again overlapping each other, so let's your over the speedlimit what it'll do is call the spoken warning and announce it but after the first word is announce it will announce it again and after the first word on the 2nd announcement is not even done it will announce it again and will only stop when you stick to the speedlimit

The mobile camera situation is different. Here in the UK they are often over Motorways or Dual carriageways where I could well be slighly over the limit as (like most people) I cruise at over 70 on a these when it is clear. So I don't want a warning in those cases as there are so many in-active locations that it would become very irritating. I also understand that they set the bar quite high on those so that unless you are over 80 mph they don't bother.

I have decided that my solution is to remove the mobile cameras (type 5) completely from my speedcam database. There are so many false alarms with them and, while I might miss seeing a fixed speed camera hidden behind a roadsign, I reckon if I don't spot a big white camera van, I probably shouldn't be driving anyway!

so you're saying that even if the warning beeps are turned off there's still a moobile beep, could yo uplease calrify as this would be a bug,

No, there is no bug, it all works as expected. With the beep turned off I get no beeps for any type of camera, with it turned on I get it for all cameras. What I was saying was that I want a beep for over limit on fixed cameras but not for mobile ones, so I got this effect by removing all mobile cameras from my database.

You are right about the repeating warning if the over limit warning was speech rather than a beep. I actually have tried it myself by replacing my overspeed.wav with a voice file that says "speed camera". It does repeat if I approach a camera over the limit, but I am actually quite happy with it, as it is immediately obvious what the warning is about.

I am now totally happy with the way it all works, anything else would just be creeping perfection. Thanks again for all of your efforts and patience.

no prob

you know what, i think i could do seperate settings for all the speed cameras, something like advanced warning settings where you could select the type of warning depending on the camera, let me just finish fixing the signpost covering the speedcamera warning box problem and i'll start working on this setting,

Hey, Julius,

In my unit I had set a "test" camera on a near intersection to check functionality. I set a speed camera with a MPH setting of 40MPH and when I approach it it tells me "Speed Camera, 65 MPH"

Not even close.

What do I do to fix this?

Thanx,

Bud

You have MPH and Km/h mixed up somewhere. 40MPH ~= 64 KM/h...

Hey, Julius,

In my unit I had set a "test" camera on a near intersection to check functionality. I set a speed camera with a MPH setting of 40MPH and when I approach it it tells me "Speed Camera, 65 MPH"

Not even close.

Thanx,

Bud

i will take a look at it

Hey, Julius,

Not even close.

Thanx,

Bud

That's what I was figuring b'cause somewhere in the coding it is getting confused.

My speedcam.ui file shows the code as this:

which makes sense. And in the HSC slider the choices are as such:

so, obviously I get the corresponding settings as well. But, as you can see, the slider is geared more toward KM/h reporting and it gets scrambled somewhere. I am going to change the slider increments to units of 5 and see what happens. Until then, see what you can find.

Thanx!

Bud

hey IDT, i was wondering how i can get the cruise dial title to show up in the upper left corner like in your cruise dial. how can i add that? thanks

by adding this on the state

and by adding this on the init part of the state

Title.SET "Safety Camera"
	Title2.SET "Safety Camera"

so just change it to the title you want

69sixpackbee

could you try clicking on a speed camera and try to edit it and see if on the setting speed camera page if it shows the proper mph or a wrong one?

Hi IDT.I've noticed some strange settings within my speed cameras too.If I click on a camera to edit it,the slider bar gives a strange setting of,say 35 mph,when it should be 60 mph.also the spoken voice is telling me the speed limit information is not available.

69sixpackbee

could you try clicking on a speed camera and try to edit it and see if on the setting speed camera page if it shows the proper mph or a wrong one?

Hi IDT.I've noticed some strange settings within my speed cameras too.If I click on a camera to edit it,the slider bar gives a strange setting of,say 35 mph,when it should be 60 mph.also the spoken voice is telling me the speed limit information is not available.

then i guess this is a bug, i'll have it fixed later tonight

i'm assuming it would be for the mobile cameras, if so it should announce that

i'm assuming it would be for the mobile cameras, if so it should announce that

I added a couple of virtual cameras and set the limit manually and these were announced ok.

Well,

I set up some other types of cameras and ALL of them announce INCORRECTLY. The slider bar choice I set it to does not correspond to the camera type indicated or announced speed. For instance I set my slider to 31MPH (no cameras are set here at this speed but that is the closest I get to 35MPH) and it will announce 50MPH and the warning box contents will also show 50MPH but I set it at 31. I also tried to change the slider bar increments in th speedcam.ui file to 5MPH increments but as I try to find one, i.e. 35MPH it will show 31, 0, 37, etc. So I am getting zeroes if I try to change the slider contents so I went back to the original but these are oddball numbers.

Long ago I had run a program that was in the 2.0 format that GTIMATT had done and the cams and increments were spot-on.

Did you try to port some of his old stuff here by chance??

Thanx,

Bud