AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V1 - UPDATED: 12/1/09 FINAL

Here's a vote for not removing them. they don't hurt anything and i for one may be trying them out :)

thanks again

2. You can run these apps from an SD card. Don't worry about them unless you have a wifi card or tethering done on your AVIC. I dont use them either and have contemplated removing to simplify things.

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's a vote for not removing them. they don't hurt anything and i for one may be trying them out :)

thanks again

2. You can run these apps from an SD card. Don't worry about them unless you have a wifi card or tethering done on your AVIC. I dont use them either and have contemplated removing to simplify things.

True, the "if it ain't broke" theory applies too. Let me know I you come up with a useful use case.

Hey Alex,

For the graphic bars that some are wanting to be transparent. Can .gif graphics be used in place of the bmp's? My son says you can't really do a transparency with bmps. But he can make them as gifs.

Let me know.

Thanks

Andy

all of the images are bmp's on these systems. You can do transparent bmp's. For example the freeway signs are transparent bmp's. You do it with alpha layers. That's cool of he doesn't know how to do it. Gives me more to learn just need the time to sit down with it. :)

Quick question and I hope not a dull one. How do you add via points and a multiple stop route? In the past, I would search for the POI and then add them on the map screen that appears (add via). Now, I just get a text address, no map, and no option to add as a via when I search. The route option brings up an "add via" option onto the map, but it seems to add a point from the map, not an address of my choosing.

The multiroute functionality is awesome. A bit slow for long trips, but really cool to see.

Thanks again for a great mod.

Tim

Hey Alex,

For the graphic bars that some are wanting to be transparent. Can .gif graphics be used in place of the bmp's? My son says you can't really do a transparency with bmps. But he can make them as gifs.

Let me know.

Thanks

Andy

all of the images are bmp's on these systems. You can do transparent bmp's. For example the freeway signs are transparent bmp's. You do it with alpha layers. That's cool of he doesn't know how to do it. Gives me more to learn just need the time to sit down with it. :)

I'll mention that to him. It'll give him a challenge.

aa

Quick question and I hope not a dull one. How do you add via points and a multiple stop route? In the past, I would search for the POI and then add them on the map screen that appears (add via). Now, I just get a text address, no map, and no option to add as a via when I search. The route option brings up an "add via" option onto the map, but it seems to add a point from the map, not an address of my choosing.

The multiroute functionality is awesome. A bit slow for long trips, but really cool to see.

Thanks again for a great mod.

Tim

Whatever point you search for on the plan mode map (using whatever method; poi, cursor, map scroll gps, etc) will be added to the route using the buttons at the top. So if you have a destination programmed already there will be an add via button after you search at the top. You just click that button and it will insert whatever the current position on the plan mode map is. Thisbis different from the old method where you were brought to a screen an forced to pick an option. It was a change for me too but you will find it's actually quite quick to use. Just takes a bit of getting used to. There will be other buttons there too to add destination (change current) add start (not start from current gps location) and maybe one more. All the same buttons you had before.

Hope this helps.

after applying this mod and getting it to work this time, it is very nice! Alot of options that should have been on here from the get go. I do however have a question...My 700bt now loads directly to navigation and not to the top menu like it used to. Is this normal and how can I change it back to go to "Top Menu" first?

Thanks and awesome work!

after applying this mod and getting it to work this time, it is very nice! Alot of options that should have been on here from the get go. I do however have a question...My 700bt now loads directly to navigation and not to the top menu like it used to. Is this normal and how can I change it back to go to "Top Menu" first?

Thanks and awesome work!

It should load to the last place you had it. As a matter of fact when first copying over the data.zip it should always go to the top menu first.

huh...regardless of where I turn mine off at, it goes to navigation everytime...interesting

I will keep an eye on it more closely. It might be a function if the original set of mods. I am not sure its worth investigating too deeply though as personally I like it to go to the map or to the Sirius based on what I was using last. I will look at it though.

diaftia,

Thanks again for continuing to update this. I love your previous version and just went to the new one. Overall I like it much better, but the one thing i'm struggling with is the search. before i would just hit POI, and i could type anything that i knew of, even if it was 450 miles away. for example i live in sacramento and my buddy has a shop in Los Angeles. I could type his shop name and it would find it. But now if i tell it to search it seems to only go about 140 miles away max. Previously i could search for home depot and it would show me tons of stores all over, some close some far.. But now it doesn't return as many. This is how my avic worked originally before i installed your older hack.

Perhaps I don't quite get the search, but with your old search button i could just hit search and type something. now i have to do it 1) around current gps location, 2) around location, etc. and it just doesn't seem to return the results it used to.

What am i missing here? i'm sure it's me :?

Thank you!

Can you tell me the name of the shop? I need something to test with. I have about 215 mile places showin up now.

i just pm'd you the address.

diaftia,

Thanks again for continuing to update this. I love your previous version and just went to the new one. Overall I like it much better, but the one thing i'm struggling with is the search. before i would just hit POI, and i could type anything that i knew of, even if it was 450 miles away. for example i live in sacramento and my buddy has a shop in Los Angeles. I could type his shop name and it would find it. But now if i tell it to search it seems to only go about 140 miles away max. Previously i could search for home depot and it would show me tons of stores all over, some close some far.. But now it doesn't return as many. This is how my avic worked originally before i installed your older hack.

Perhaps I don't quite get the search, but with your old search button i could just hit search and type something. now i have to do it 1) around current gps location, 2) around location, etc. and it just doesn't seem to return the results it used to.

What am i missing here? i'm sure it's me :?

Thank you!

Can you tell me the name of the shop? I need something to test with. I have about 215 mile places showin up now.