AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V1 - UPDATED: 12/1/09 FINAL

Tried installing the mod and I thought everything was good. Followed directions and double checked. Now when I boot up I get the System Starting. Please Wait screen and it never goes away. Now I restored my "myflashdisk" back with my backup files and still stuck on the system starting... please wait screen....this kinda sucks...

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Alex,

Any luck on finding that elevation in feet thing? Perhaps for the next iteration?

Or if you've found just that code, I could try and modify that part.

Thanks

Andy

Hey Andy-

Sent you with a PM of a file to use to test this. There should be a link in a PM from me. I have no way to test it so let me know how it goes.

Alex

Alex,

Been using your mod for 10+ days now and love it. Hope you're getting lots of paypals.

The only suggestion I might have (and its only a matter of personal taste) is to eliminate the black bar across the top or at least make it blue or green and very transparent . Don't eliminate the street name info or the clock, only the box behind it. I think the text will show up fine without the box and this would allow more sky to show without setting the tilt to 90 to see it.

If it's only a matter of commenting out a line of code to accomplish this, or if I knew what .bmp to change the color of, I'd appreciate knowing where and what. That way, I could just change my copy...

Thanks for all your work!!!! :D

The top bar is k_header.bmp. I would love to have a grayish or transparent black bar at the top but I have not been able to sit down with PS to figure out how to do it a slightly transparent image. If you do create one PM it to me and I will take a look at making it a permanent change in the mods.

Alex

I just installed this mod last night. I must say that it is very impressive. I think this is the one I will be keeping.

I went for a short drive after installation and everything works very well.

I have a few questions I hope you wouldn't mind answering.

1. I noticed I have no poi icons such as gas stations or restaurants. Tried to figure it out to no avail.

2. Can anyone tell me what the "Run an Application" is about? Res info, File Explorer, Opera

Thanks...

Any information appreciated

1. Did you install the branding.zip file?

2. You can run these apps from an SD card. Don't worry about them unless you have a wifi card or tethering done on your AVIC. I dont use them either and have contemplated removing to simplify things.

diaftia,

Thanks again for continuing to update this. I love your previous version and just went to the new one. Overall I like it much better, but the one thing i'm struggling with is the search. before i would just hit POI, and i could type anything that i knew of, even if it was 450 miles away. for example i live in sacramento and my buddy has a shop in Los Angeles. I could type his shop name and it would find it. But now if i tell it to search it seems to only go about 140 miles away max. Previously i could search for home depot and it would show me tons of stores all over, some close some far.. But now it doesn't return as many. This is how my avic worked originally before i installed your older hack.

Perhaps I don't quite get the search, but with your old search button i could just hit search and type something. now i have to do it 1) around current gps location, 2) around location, etc. and it just doesn't seem to return the results it used to.

What am i missing here? i'm sure it's me :?

Thank you!

I will look into this. Could just be where you are searching from. Let me see. I know I used to have a direct link to the search page. I tried to put that in and the link was invalid. Never got a chance to look into why.

Alex

Diaftia, great work as usual. I was wondering about the POIs as well. Can you clarify? I ran across this topic in the forum and I wonder if its something you could add. Seems like it could be useful.http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=28044. Anyway thanks again for putting all this together.

Yeah I have had this on my radar. Came up once that the top bar had so much text it was squished up. Only happened on one specific exit but I am sure there are many more cases out there that would warrant this. Its on the list to look into.

Alex

went ahead and deleted all of "myflashdisk" again, restored to my 2.0 backup. Same thing, gets to sytem starting please wait...I am out of ideas....

When you restored your 2.0 backup did you update back to 3.0 and then 3.01? You will get that until you update again.

Alex

i didnt update to 3.0, but used my pioneer 3.01 update and same results.

So you have restored to 2.0 and then reapplied the 3.0 update from Pioneer and you are still getting the message? Something is amiss here. Are you sure the backup you have is good? You might want to download one of the backups available on the forum and update to 3.0 from that. I have seen problems where you have mods and try to update and things go wrong.

Try this thread (sounds like your problem):

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=26958&p=186142&hilit=backup#p186142

If you want to get a fresh backup you can do that here:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=24888&hilit=backup

Hey Alex,

Any luck on finding that elevation in feet thing? Perhaps for the next iteration?

Or if you've found just that code, I could try and modify that part.

Thanks

Andy

Hey Andy-

Sent you with a PM of a file to use to test this. There should be a link in a PM from me. I have no way to test it so let me know how it goes.

Alex

Hey Alex,

Thanks a lot for working on that. I've got a report on the results.

The good news is that it doesn't say "miles" or "feet" on it. But the bad news is that it says "1.1". If possible I would rather it say 5800 ft, or just even 5800. I know I may be picky, but having it say 5825 ft is more precise than 1.1, as it doesn't change to 1.2 until it reaches some threshold.

Also, if you make that again, could you use the non-MSN version? :D

On the issue with the transparent graphic, I'm pretty sure my son could make that. Let me know the name of that graphic so he can start with that and I'll let him work on it.

Thanks

Andy

Alex,

Been using your mod for 10+ days now and love it. Hope you're getting lots of paypals.

The only suggestion I might have (and its only a matter of personal taste) is to eliminate the black bar across the top or at least make it blue or green and very transparent . Don't eliminate the street name info or the clock, only the box behind it. I think the text will show up fine without the box and this would allow more sky to show without setting the tilt to 90 to see it.

If it's only a matter of commenting out a line of code to accomplish this, or if I knew what .bmp to change the color of, I'd appreciate knowing where and what. That way, I could just change my copy...

The top bar is k_header.bmp. I would love to have a grayish or transparent black bar at the top but I have not been able to sit down with PS to figure out how to do it a slightly transparent image. If you do create one PM it to me and I will take a look at making it a permanent change in the mods.

Alex

Give me a day or two and I'll give it a go. I'm a strong intermediate with Photoshop, so I should be able to do something.

John

Alex,

Alex

Give me a day or two and I'll give it a go. I'm a strong intermediate with Photoshop, so I should be able to do something.

John

Ah, that's the file. I'll have my son take a look at it too.

Hey Alex,

Thanks a lot for working on that. I've got a report on the results.

The good news is that it doesn't say "miles" or "feet" on it. But the bad news is that it says "1.1". If possible I would rather it say 5800 ft, or just even 5800. I know I may be picky, but having it say 5825 ft is more precise than 1.1, as it doesn't change to 1.2 until it reaches some threshold.

Also, if you make that again, could you use the non-MSN version? :D

On the issue with the transparent graphic, I'm pretty sure my son could make that. Let me know the name of that graphic so he can start with that and I'll let him work on it.

Thanks

Andy

Based on what the system is capable of displaying I think that might be the best we are going to get. I have not seen another way to display the data other than that. There was some format models that I was going to play around with but they don't seem to apply to altitude (and it seems to be just that not elevation).

I will keep investigating though. At least at this point it seems like it will all fit in the green elevation sign.